ok so I am a bit perplexed

Options
When I was trying really hard and going to the gym all the time I didnt loose much weight. Well the scale would CREEP down really slowly. But now that the kids are back home and I havnt made it to the gym in about 2 weeks. The lbs are just sliding off. BUT here is the clincher. I was loosing inches before. Now the inches are the same. But the scale is dropping. I think I would rather get smaller and the scale stay the same. I dont know what is going on. Any ideas?

Replies

• seyran
    Options
    Probably you are loosing muscle. Same thing happened to me. You need to workout IMO.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell from reading the forums so much, quite a few people fluctuate with the same exact scenarios. First losing pounds but not inches, then inches but not pounds, then pounds but not inches, then both, then one or the other, etc etc. I think it's all just a part of the natural cycle of weight loss and is different at different times for each and every person.

I wouldn't be too concerned with anything. Having kids will definitely help with the weight loss. Just having to stand up longer in and of itself is a noticeable increase in BMR. You're doing great, so keep at it and don't worry! Besides. Overthinking can result in stress which can in fact impede weight loss (from what I hear and anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and quote your source - I'm wishing here! lol).

Best wishes, hun. :flowerforyou: