I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday!!!!!!!!

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday, my ticker says I have lost 10. Not sure about that. I know it won't always come off as fast as this but I so excited about the weight loss at this point of doing this. This keeps me so motivated. Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday, my ticker says I have lost 10. Not sure about that. I know it won't always come off as fast as this but I so excited about the weight loss at this point of doing this. This keeps me so motivated. Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you do it?
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday, my ticker says I have lost 10. Not sure about that. I know it won't always come off as fast at this but I so excited about this weight loss at this point doing this. This keeps me so motivated. Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated.

YOU GO GIRL!

That's fantastic! 9.6 pounds in a week? WHUT? Obviously you're doing something right. :happy:
    Keep up the good work!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you do it?

Drink water all the time and nothing else. I exercise everyday and I follow all serving sizes, if it says to eat 1/2 cup that is what I eat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday, my ticker says I have lost 10. Not sure about that. I know it won't always come off as fast at this but I so excited about this weight loss at this point doing this. This keeps me so motivated. Thanks everyone for keeping me motivated.

YOU GO GIRL!

That's fantastic! 9.6 pounds in a week? WHUT? Obviously you're doing something right. :happy:
    Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much!!!!! :smile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :drinker: WTG!! :flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I could do that in a week! Keep up the good work!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9.6 pounds since last Thursday, my ticker says I have lost 10. Not sure about that. That's because it rounds the number

Congrats!! That's great, keep up the good work.

Memaw
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    That's great! By serving sizes, you mean what the package says right? Also, are you eating X amount of calories per day, I mean, the calories it tells you to eat on the food diary? I am just curious because I have heard it both ways. One person says if you are heavier, you lose faster. Another says it doesn't depend on size you are?? Anyway, I am cheering for you darlin!!! denise in Sams Valley OR.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

YOU GO GIRL!

Keep up the good work!

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am just curious because I have heard it both ways. One person says if you are heavier, you lose faster. Another says it doesn't depend on size you are??

If both eat the same number of calories, a heavier person will lose faster.
    If both have the same calorie deficit, they should lose at the same rate.

That's in theory anyway. In practice, both people have to *keep* the deficit! I don't know about anyone else, but I often have trouble sticking to my 500 cal deficit. Sometimes I need to work out twice - that is, if I go out for dinner or order in at work.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wowsers that is fantabulous!!!!!!!!!! You go girl you can do this! :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    That's great! By serving sizes, you mean what the package says right? Also, are you eating X amount of calories per day, I mean, the calories it tells you to eat on the food diary? I am just curious because I have heard it both ways. One person says if you are heavier, you lose faster. Another says it doesn't depend on size you are?? Anyway, I am cheering for you darlin!!! denise in Sams Valley OR.:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

YOU GO GIRL!

Keep up the good work!

yeah, the amount it says on the package, and I have always heard that if you are heavy you lose faster, I eat 1500 calories a day. Thanks for cheering me on, it is so appreciated. :drinker: :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Wowsers that is fantabulous!!!!!!!!!! You go girl you can do this! :bigsmile:

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Good for you! Keep drinking that water!

Just a side note - don't be afraid to up those calories at some point. My guess is that your goals are set for 2lbs a week and thats why you are at 1500. That might be a little low for you, but if it is working then you are good! Just keep it in the back of your mind if you hit a plateau later.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that if you are heavy you lose faster, I eat 1500 calories a day.

Yep... If I eat 1500 cal/day, I'd only lose .4 lbs/week. So, for the same # of calories, that is true.

Congrats on your success! I wish I had your ability to stick to 1500 cal/day for a whole week. But I'm going out for Mexican tonight... Vaya con dios, diet. :tongue:
  • Maggie321
    Maggie321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's is awesome! :drinker: Good job! Keep it up and please share any tips you may have!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Just a side note - don't be afraid to up those calories at some point. My guess is that your goals are set for 2lbs a week and thats why you are at 1500. That might be a little low for you, but if it is working then you are good! Just keep it in the back of your mind if you hit a plateau later.

thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind. :happy:, I have went back and set it at 1 pound, so we will see if it still comes off.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options

thanks for the advice, I will keep it in mind. :happy:, I have went back and set it at 1 pound, so we will see if it still comes off.

Most people say not to eat below your BMR. My goals are set for a little below my BMR (but I figure that gives me little room to go over :laugh: ). Check out what your BMR is and use that as a guideline!

But like I said, you are doing great so go with whatever works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

Wonderful Job, Don't stop just keep on going. Smile like you never smiled b4 :happy: :happy:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Kathy
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Laura great job! That is amazing. Don't get discourage if it doesn't happen again next week. I lost a big amount my first week and then got a little upset when the scale didn't move on week 2. It will come off if you keep doing the right things.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!