Future 1st time mommy questions

Options
2»

Replies

• bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't really think you should put so much emphasis on how much you weigh, remember a lot of it is fluid and a baby that will be gone when you give birth. I put on 30lbs while pregnant, and that was a good amount, the doctors want you to gain between 25 and 35 for a healthy baby and mom. I am working the weight off now, but it was worth the gain to have a healthy baby. Just try to watch what you eat, I couldn't eat any fried or greasy foods because they would never stay down!! And I walked alot, mainly just going to the mall and walking around looking at all the things I could eventually buy for my growing baby, it was fun and didn't make the walking so tedious.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    It's unfortunate but it's going to happen. What you can do is eat right and not give in into junk food. In fact you HAVE to eat right because there is a human growing inside of you that needs good nutrition. I gained only 18lbs during my whole pregnancy but I was overweight by 30lbs. I started at 166lbs and ended up at 184lbs. I ate well, and by well, a good meal of vegetables, lean meats, A LOT of fruits, soups, etc. And mind you I ate several times a day and I wasn't eating small portions but I ate good food. I was by no means starving myself. I wasn't going out and stuffing my face with big macs and fries. Or eating large quantities of oreos.

If you eat right then you will gain moderately. :)

Also add some walking to your regimen and you should be fine.