What idiot creates a 430 calorie bagel!?!

Options
Mmm, cinnamon crunch bagel. I resisted the temptation yesterday but decided to work one into my day today. Sure glad I ate it before I looked up the calories!!! Drank about a gallon of water thus far and am trying to fit in rounds of 20 jumping jack sets when my office-mate leaves our office! Not sure that the deliciousness of the bagel was worth the calories! Live and learn, right!? :)

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Yikes was that from panera?
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know right!? And the 600 calorie muffin? I want names.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Ha!!!! Yeah, the amount of calories in something some times can surprise you. I once got a snack size Rollo McFlurry from McDonald's and I might as well have eaten a Big Mac...I would at least have had some protein with it.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ahh I did this the other day! I had a 'eat natural' bar, but it didn't have the nutrition on it. I came home, entered it here and it was like 300 calories! And 25g of sugar!
    Safe to say I'll never be eating one again!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Scary isn't it?? So many calories yet so little nutrition!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I guess it would not be the same idiot that ate it...IJS
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I get the Perfect 10 bagel from Western Bagel.... 140 calories, 18g of protein, 19g of carbs, 7g of fiber and 2g of fat. All other bagels I stay away from.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, live and learn. Look at it this way... if you were at all like me, you used to eat that bagel without any concern for calories, then go on to eat fast food for lunch, etc., just going along your merry way until you encountered a pic of yourself or felt tired from the sugar rush and then it wasn't merry anymore. Knowledge is power!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful for the app...I always put stuff in before I eat it...unless I know I have lots of leftover calories..or its a special special occasion..
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    LMAO PANERA!
  • LorieE828
    Options
    Yikes was that from panera?

Sure was....and it was YUMMY! But totally not worth the extra effort!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Mmm, cinnamon crunch bagel. I resisted the temptation yesterday but decided to work one into my day today. Sure glad I ate it before I looked up the calories!!! Drank about a gallon of water thus far and am trying to fit in rounds of 20 jumping jack sets when my office-mate leaves our office! Not sure that the deliciousness of the bagel was worth the calories! Live and learn, right!? :)
    um, yum, sorry, that sounds like it was worth it LOl
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The same people who brought us deep fried Snickers, the KFC Double Down, and the Burger King Steakhouse XT burger.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    hahahaha. (sorry, but that was funny!)
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Before I started MFP I used to 'frequently' get 3 Sausage Burritos from McDonalds off the $1 menu.. the other day I looked it up on MFP and they are 300 calories EACH!! they are so small, who knew?? That's the majority of my calories gone in breakfast! its no wonder I got up to 300lbs.
  • LorieE828
    Options
    I know right!? And the 600 calorie muffin? I want names.

Those muffins are delightful too! But, alas, not worth the extra effort I now must put forth. I've written the name cryptically as to protect the innocent. I'm sure you will be able to crack my impenetrable code tho! :) *P*A*N*E*R*A
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    settle down, people.............it's a bad choice, but if you don't eat them EVERY DAY, what the heck's the big deal?

We're all going to stuff ourselves with something stupid from time to time. I refuse to obsess over a mistake on that occasional moment of weakness.

ENJOY YOUR FOOD! It's part of a good life :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    oh my, I have made that mistake as well before. I had a muffin that was 390, I wish read that before I ate it.
  • wifeygettingfit
    Options
    I don't know what I was watching one day but it was suggested that you can cut a lot of the calories of a bagel if you scoop out the (goodness) center..........
  • LorieE828
    Options
    Scary isn't it?? So many calories yet so little nutrition!

VERY scary! There are calories lurking everywhere!!