WARM LEMON WATER IN THE MORNING!! :)

Options

Replies

• GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lemon will be rough on tooth enamel guys. I always have mouth wash but thought I'd give you a heads up. Also j know a friend puts aloe in her lemon water.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I love lemons and have been thinking about nixing my morning coffee habit. I'll give it a try just for a change of pace.. I don't really care about the supposed claims.

If anything, it's more Vitamin C on top of the 2,000mg I take daily. :)
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    some diets actually recommend lemon water in the morning
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Lemon will be rough on tooth enamel guys. I always have mouth wash but thought I'd give you a heads up. Also j know a friend puts aloe in her lemon water.
    Half a lemon in a glass of water isn't going to do much to your teeth.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I warm up the water just a little past room temperature, as if i'm about to make tea, and I squeeze half of a lemon into a full glass of water, then I eat oatmeal or fresh fruit for breakfast. It definitely gets your bowels moving lol but I feel more refreshed!! It's definitely worth a try if you can get past the sour taste!! And I just drink the glass before I eat breakfast in the morning, and you can also do a glass before bed but I haven't started that yet, if at all!

Here is a link explaining it all!! http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/

I don't do in the morning.................I drink 16 oz of ice cold water upon waking in the morning to get wide awake and it makes me feel alive............

I do the warm lemon water before bed as my ND (naturopathic Dr) told me that doing it before bed when you won't be eating for several hours intensifies the detox affects.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

Exactly...........
  • killagb
    Options
    Drinking some now, but cold, at the very least it is quite tasty I must say. Having it with some spicy beef jerky :smile:
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    I used to do that when I was trying to get pregnant because I had read that it was supposed to help. I did get pregnant that cycle but it didn't last.
    I don't care for it hot though, I do like it cold and most of the water I drink is cold lemon water now. I like the taste so it helps me get my daily water in :) I think that even if it isn't beneficial in any other way, if it gets you to drink more water that's always a good thing.
  • killagb
    Options
    I used to do that when I was trying to get pregnant because I had read that it was supposed to help. I did get pregnant that cycle but it didn't last.
    I don't care for it hot though, I do like it cold and most of the water I drink is cold lemon water now. I like the taste so it helps me get my daily water in :) I think that even if it isn't beneficial in any other way, if it gets you to drink more water that's always a good thing.

That's still some more vitamin C for sure.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ok, WHEW! Just tried the warm lemon water with a lil honey. I gotta say... I don't like it warm! Anyone lknow if it has to be warm? I googled to figure out how much juice in 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup) so I did a cup of warm water warmed for a minute then added 1/8 cup 100% lemon juice from a bottle (not concentrate) (equal to juice of half a lemon, aka 2 tbsp) and around a tsp honey. It was like sugarless warm lemonade... Weird! I just quickly gulped it down. I think from now on I'll do it cold though, and maybe at nioght before I brush my teeth.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I know some folks on our 17 Day Diet thread find it rather repulsive, so they add a packet of Stevia and say it helps a lot.

For my own personal taste, I find the "all natural" lemon juice in a bottle to taste completely different than squeezing juice from a fresh lemon, and I really prefer the fresh lemon squeeze.

For those interested in a soda-replacement beverage that counts as a glass of water instead.....

- Fill a pretty glass with ice (I always drink more when the glass is pretty!)
    - Squeeze juice from half a LIME over the ice
    - Add one packet Stevia-In-The-Raw
    - Pour plan cheapo Selzer Water over all but be careful, it will fizz up a bit!

(I use "Vintage" brand selzer from Walmart - 64 cents for a 1 liter bottle)

My daughter likes it if I use a quarter of a fresh lime and a quarter of a fresh lemon - says it tastes like Sprite!

Just my own personal recipe, I find it refreshing and soda-like, but it's really just WATER! I've been an RN for nearly 30 years, spent a lot of that on night shift, and WAS a total Diet Coke addict. Drinking the above... I'm completely OFF Diet Coke and any other SODAS... and I feel better than I have in years!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I know some folks on our 17 Day Diet thread find it rather repulsive, so they add a packet of Stevia and say it helps a lot.

For my own personal taste, I find the "all natural" lemon juice in a bottle to taste completely different than squeezing juice from a fresh lemon, and I really prefer the fresh lemon squeeze.

For those interested in a soda-replacement beverage that counts as a glass of water instead.....

- Fill a pretty glass with ice (I always drink more when the glass is pretty!)
    - Squeeze juice from half a LIME over the ice
    - Add one packet Stevia-In-The-Raw
    - Pour plan cheapo Selzer Water over all but be careful, it will fizz up a bit!

(I use "Vintage" brand selzer from Walmart - 64 cents for a 1 liter bottle)

My daughter likes it if I use a quarter of a fresh lime and a quarter of a fresh lemon - says it tastes like Sprite!

Just my own personal recipe, I find it refreshing and soda-like, but it's really just WATER! I've been an RN for nearly 30 years, spent a lot of that on night shift, and WAS a total Diet Coke addict. Drinking the above... I'm completely OFF Diet Coke and any other SODAS... and I feel better than I have in years!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice

That sounds so good! Thanks!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I do this quite a lot- but not to replace breakfast! (I don't think that's what she's saying).

Hot water in lemon is an amazing tonic- it goes right through you and gets your system moving, so to speak, in the morning.

I have it before I eat anything. It also works well as a diuretic so it helps to banish excess water weight :)

Not trying to start anything...but wouldn't anything hot do this? I know I have coffee in the morning and it gets everything moving for me! :)

Very true- tea does actually have the same effect lol
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I guess this might be similar to the cinnamon and honey tea.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have a heck of a time having a bowel movement - I am going to add lemons to my grocery list and start immediately! It certainly won't hurt anything to try.
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I have a heck of a time having a bowel movement - I am going to add lemons to my grocery list and start immediately! It certainly won't hurt anything to try.

ps.....I wanted to say "poop" but didn't want to offend anyone! I never in my life have typed or said bowel movement and now I have twice!!!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP that lemon water won't harm and does have benefits of fruit and H2O. However, to be fair that to those who have have questioned the validity/intent of her original post, she did say she had done research and stated that not only did it contain Vitamin C and help with digestion, that it helped the body break down sugars.
    IMO and from what I've seen on these boards, if you're going to state that anything besides calorie counting and exercise helps with weight loss be prepared to defend with studies and then be prepared to defend the validity of those studies.
    And then, don't take it personally if someone disagrees with you.
    Well said.

I don't discount the health benefits of lemons or lemon juice. But there simply aren't any secrets or shortcuts to weight loss. If you think lemon juice helps you create a caloric deficit and you lose weight, that is fantastic. I will cheer you on in your weight loss. But I will credit the caloric deficit and not the lemons, and might say so.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Options
    So I asked a friend about this. . . she drinks it with every meal and says it doesn't matter what time of day she does it, she just does it. . . .
  • catherine4211
    Options
    I bought fresh lemons at the store and tried this. I'm not going to say it tasted wonderful but it is something I can drink every day. It went down no problem......even with no sweetner.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    Options

Exactly...........

Yep pretty sure it can be, I have poor enamel as it is and have been advised by two dentist and a dental surgon to swish after citrus anything.