How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I'm very seriouisly contemplating only doing it every month. I drive myself crazy sometimes with the day to day weighing. I find if I do that, I quit more often then staying off the scale for a period of time.

The only problem is, I know where my scale is....it calls to me at night and every morning. I might need to enlist my wonderful husband to hide it from me. HAHA

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    weekly is good. i need to stop doing it daily. too many fluctuations
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Never.
    I'll be all consumed with the scale if I start (been there, done that). Rather, I measure my progress by how my clothes fit.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    weekly is good. i need to stop doing it daily. too many fluctuations

Agreed! Your weight changes day to day b/c of sodium levels, hormones, etc. Pick one day a week and only weigh yourself on that day (=
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I usually shoot for once a week, same time each week. But more importantly do your measurements. These tell the real story. The scale is quick and dirty and is often influenced by factors that make it inaccurate (like water retention, time of day, etc).
  • TransducerX
    Options
    If I've gone to bed on an empty stomach I'm always sure to weigh myself the next morning. I try to stay off the scale if I think I might see something that I don't want to.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Never.
    I'll be all consumed with the scale if I start (been there, done that). Rather, I measure my progress by how my clothes fit.

Agreed.

Although I'm becoming tempted to weigh myself for the first time in 2 months. Maybe next week I will.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I agree with weekly... however, monthly is not out of the question, if you were to implement doing body measurements. That would give you a better idea anyway. Especially for women, even a weekly weigh-in can be treacherous, with all of that weird crap that goes on with your bodies, LOL :P
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm worse than you!! i weigh myself about 3x day..today is weigh in day and i jumped on it same time i always do and it said same weight i was a few days ago..jumped off and got back on and it went up.8 tried again and it went down .2 under last log in weight so i think its time to retire my digital scale..ive had it for about 3yrs so i think its hit the end of the road!!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit that I weigh myself daily, I really need to stop doing that & stop obsessing over the smallest gains
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try weighing myself only once a week; but must admit sometimes I get into a kick of weighing myself every morning or every 2nd...Think it should only be once a week!
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Weekly. I schedule my weekly weigh - in every sunday morning when i wake up. Its best to do it in the morning once a week because daily weigh-ins will reflect too many fluctuations due to water weight. And definitely do it before breakfast!
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    What has worked for me lately is twice a week. Not enough to drive me crazy with daily, but enough to hold me accountable. I think a week is too long for me. Makes me think i can sneak a not so good day in there. This way I can't. :smile:
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm very seriouisly contemplating only doing it every month. I drive myself crazy sometimes with the day to day weighing. I find if I do that, I quit more often then staying off the scale for a period of time.

The only problem is, I know where my scale is....it calls to me at night and every morning. I might need to enlist my wonderful husband to hide it from me. HAHA

Ive Been thinking the same thing.
    I Hate My Scales .
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use to do it daily as well but, with the fluctuation everyday I couldn't take it! Women's weight is different from men due to hormones and stress.... We can fluctuate between 2 to 3 pounds everyday! I agree with everyone else, weekly is better! Pick that one day a week and go with it... Plus it gives you something to look forward too after all the hard work you put in for the week!! Good luck!!
  • theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    I weigh probably daily... but i only record once a week-ish

it keeps me in check, but i dont let it bother me if i see a pound or 2 fluctuations.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I try weighing myself only once a week; but must admit sometimes I get into a kick of weighing myself every morning or every 2nd...Think it should only be once a week!

I agree! I know I shouldn't, but every morning, after my workout, I jump on the scales. I only log weekly though!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I weigh probably daily... but i only record once a week-ish

it keeps me in check, but i dont let it bother me if i see a pound or 2 fluctuations.

I wish I could say it doesn't bother me either, but alas *sigh* It does more than I want to admit
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Daily, bad I know.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I make my official weigh in days on Sunday, but find myself running to the scale every morning. Trying to kick that habit though.