Most people on here are lovely BUT..

Options
i feel like some people write discouraging, negative comments on your diary to maybe just make them selves feel better because they maybe over indulged that day.

Some people struggle to keep within their calorie target where as i (and many others) find it hard to eat our calories. I welcome helpful, positive, encouraging comments but i will start deleting people who point out the obvious time and time again because it just makes me want to take my diary off here and go it alone.

I am on a diet to lose weight...i will NOT eat junk food to up my calories nor will i eat when i do not feel hungry - end of.

Rant over - thanks for listening :)

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are generally attractive and slender already will make you a target for those on here who can only dream of getting close to where you are :P
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    That is why a lot of people have their diaries on private.
    because they're tired of or don't want any critical & judgemental comments.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I hear ya.

Most everyone has been great, but I had some really nasty messages sent to me awhile back because I didn't run my 5ks, I only walked them, so I shouldn't be proud of my accomplishments. WTH???

My thought is that EVERYONE is here for a reason and MOST of us appreciate the support and MOST of us are wonderful!!

Keep up the good work and don't let the B's get you down ;)

Grace
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree. Everyone is different and you know what works for you better than anyone else! encouraging comments are nice and this site is a great site when that is what you get. I would never be rude or negative about someones diary (and trust me i have seen some absolute corkers by people who claim to be "healthy eating") i wish people would take more care when commenting on mine. When comments are made in a derogative manner it is hurtful!
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you feel comfortable with. My mom always said "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". It should be a golden rule in everybody's life, but it's not. Keep working hard and don't listen to the negative people....Good luck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would PM the negative people and explain that while you appreciate that they are trying to help, you don't find their comments to be helpful, and it is in fact exacerbating the negative way you sometimes feel. If they take offence, then they can delete you or you can delete them.

You could also just make your diary private.

Good luck and don't let it get to you. People usually have the best of intentions. Try to bear that in mind. :)
  • chefchazz
    Options
    The fact that you are generally attractive and slender already will make you a target for the heifers on here who can only dream of getting close to where you are :P
    baaaaaaaaaaahaha thats funny!!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are generally attractive and slender already will make you a target for the heifers on here who can only dream of getting close to where you are :P

Rude.

I'm a "Heifer" and I wouldn't ever make a negative comment regarding someones diary. And dare I say, I do believe I'll get to be a size I DESIRE...THANK YOU VERY MUCH :). Hard work pays off darlin'

To the OP, you can up your calories with healthy food you don't have to introduce unhealthy food.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Don´t let them get to you. You are your own person....do what you want...not what they want!!

5b296_memes-haters-gonna-hate.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Come on, now. That wasn't necessary, was it? It's nice that you are trying to make the OP feel better but this is probably not the best forum to be calling overweight women "heifers".
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you don't hit that "complete diary" button, it would post that you did and invite comments.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    i feel like some people write discouraging, negative comments on your diary to maybe just make them selves feel better because they maybe over indulged that day.

Some people struggle to keep within their calorie target where as i (and many others) find it hard to eat our calories. I welcome helpful, positive, encouraging comments but i will start deleting people who point out the obvious time and time again because it just makes me want to take my diary off here and go it alone.

I am on a diet to lose weight...i will NOT eat junk food to up my calories nor will i eat when i do not feel hungry - end of.

While no one should eat junk simply to meet their calories goal, it is important to do what you can to meet it. It's your goal for a reason. You shouldn't be under and you shouldn't be over. If you have trouble with the quantity of food being too much (I did at first) you can try adding more calorie dense foods to your daily diet. A handful of nuts or some avocado can make a huge difference when it comes to upping calories. Adding in a snack in the morning or the afternoon helps a lot as well. When I was losing and was going to the gym all the time (I'm pregnant now) I was eating 5-6 times a day, three fulls meals, a protein shake and at leas one snack. I never felt stuffed or like I was eating too much. I know everyone is different, but sometimes it just takes a little effort to retrain our bodies.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ok so now I feel lucky, I've got a positive, nice bunch! I removed someone a while ago as she referred to her family as c*nts and a wierd guy PM'd me when I first joined - I don't think he was on a diet! - but yes, I've been really lucky here and would have failed many times over without them :-)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

Ouch. While that may be nice comment for her that's quite mean to us fatties. Coming from someone who's lost so much weight, you know it's not a dream.

For the rude people, delete them. If they can't be positive and support you (whether you're under or over your target), they're not worth the aggrivation.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    You go young lady!! Sounds like you’re doing just fine so continue to be strong, work you plan and enjoy your success!!
  • klsnell1981
    klsnell1981 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Rude.

I'm a "Heifer" and I wouldn't ever make a negative comment regarding someones diary. And dare I say, I do believe I'll get to be a size I DESIRE...THANK YOU VERY MUCH :). Hard work pays off darlin'

To the OP, you can up your calories with healthy food you don't have to introduce unhealthy food.

Hear Hear!! I guess I am a "heifer" as well... but I am mature enough to know that I shouldn't say something that I wouldn't want to hear being said to me.

*Where does this guy get off saying stuff like this??
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Come on, now. That wasn't necessary, was it? It's nice that you are trying to make the OP feel better but this is probably not the best forum to be calling overweight women "heifers".

For real. Some of us are overweight and doing what we need to do in order to get healthy. AND, we honestly care about other people here because we want everyone to be healthy. Some of us see our friends consistently under their calorie goal and it frustrates us because we know it's not healthy, not because we're jealous. There may be some insecure people who are jealous of the successes of others, but for the most part, if anyone is going to comment on someone being under their calorie goal it's not out of jealousy. A lot of people here were overweight and UNDEReating for a very long time. This site helped us understand the danger and futility in that and we want to share our knowledge with our friends.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

I keep my diary private at the moment just because I'm still learning so I'm not comfortable sharing right now. And I was (unintentionally) undereating when I started, so at first my calories were really low. If someone consistently made negative comments, I would delete them as well.

However, have you considered that maybe what is "rude" to you is concern to them? Since you say you have a hard time reaching your goal, and are already very slender, maybe they are concerned and think you should eat more for your health? Maybe they are trying to show concern and are coming across as rude, or maybe they are just being flat out rude, I don't know, but it might be something to consider.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    hatereagle.jpg
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would PM the negative people and explain that while you appreciate that they are trying to help, you don't find their comments to be helpful, and it is in fact exacerbating the negative way you sometimes feel. If they take offence, then they can delete you or you can delete them.

You could also just make your diary private.

Good luck and don't let it get to you. People usually have the best of intentions. Try to bear that in mind. :)

:flowerforyou: