Eat more to loose fat.

Options
124»

Replies

• adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great post! I totally agree with you. As for spacing the calories out through the day, I tell people to imagine you have a pile of firewood that has to get you through the entire day and it's cold out. Isn't it better to throw a few logs on the fire frequently throughout the day and keep a steady burn going. Simple, but true.

Take good care
    It works well in the fact of fat loss and muscle retention and growth.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    "Eat the right foods you will keep full and turn on the furnace and burn fat."

assuming identical macronutrient composition, eating the right bs wrong foods whatever that means will have no difference in terms of body composition

I would have to agree with the original poster on this one. I was just today reading Brendan Brazier's Thrive Foods book and he talks about this very thing. "Highly processed, refined, denatured 'food' [read: McDonald's] requires significantly more digestive energy be spent to break it down in the process of transferring its caloric energy to us..."

If we go back to that awesome visual that someone posted, this comes back to the age-old maternal wisdom of eating your fruits and veggies. The McDonald's meal could never have the amount of vitamins and minerals that the second picture of whole, colorful foods had. Vitamins and minerals are essential to your body functioning at its optimum potential! Isn't that what this is all about?

NutritionMD has a great quote:

"In general, populations eating greater amounts of phytochemical–containing foods (e.g., fruits, vegetables, and whole grains) have a significantly lower risk of certain diseases, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and arthritis."

http://www.nutritionmd.org/consumers/general_nutrition/micronutrients_antioxidants.html
    it doesn't matter what you or I say to these dogmatic points of view. It's best not to comment on them and just stick with the original poster. These dogmatic viewed people never write anything. The just harp even if methods are successful. People here are eager to learn and grow. But, thes dogmatic people don't want to teach anybody with methods. They spend all of their time trying to prove their right that they missed the opportunity to write their own article.

I am not a big fan of protesters. All they do is scream in your face, but do nothing to create. I really don't think that I learned a thing from these couple of guys. They just kept saying that I was ludicris. So funny. They don't want to write their own articles because of several reason. First is they just don't care if other people here succeed. Second, they project their dogmatic views without teaching a thing. They spout some words, but with nothing to bite your teeth into. If they wrote their own post with experience, I would ask a some questions to find out if it right for me. I guess what I am trying to say is what are the results of testing and how can I follow this idea without having to become a scientist to loose some fat.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    love this! and i especially love that it shows treats! you don't have to feel deprived to have a good day! :)
    Eating more is not about just eating. You have to eat the right foods. Your body needs amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates and water. Your body burns so many calories in a 24 hr period. If you eat what your body burns equally you stay the same weight. My body burns 2,100 calories or cals without me leaving my bed. It's my metabolism. Muscle mass burns 50 cals per 1lb per day. Then there are the rest of my organs that need a certain amount of energy to function. A proper body functions on A/F/C and water in the proper amounts. The better your eating habits the more micronutrients/vitamins your body uses. Your organs functioning properly and in unison will help your fat loss and muscle growth. I eat great meals that keep me full and give me proper fuel for the task ahead.

Ex: Whopper w. cheese and med fries. 1,100 cals. I can fit 2-3 meals in that. I "eat more" of the right foods that give me the nutrients the body needs to function properly. Fill half of your plate with vegetables (prefer green leafy). I eat one dark green salad a day with anything but salad dressing. Make your own low cal dressing. Vegetables will give your the organ boost that your body needs to convert the fat into fuel. Potassium is an electrolyte. You need 3500mg a day. Do you know how much you’re getting? You need every other type also. I personally would rather eat my vitamins.

Moreover you need to eat your exercise calories to give your body the strength and nutrients it needs to convert fat to energy and expel the toxins in your fat. Keep your cals -750 to -500 in the beginning. If you’re making poor food choices you will be hungry. Eat the right foods you will keep full and turn on the furnace and burn fat. If you eat the right foods you will find eating all of your cals a challenge. I know I do.

I actually drew up a visual like this a couple months ago. Not all calories are created equal. :)

food2.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    it doesn't matter what you or I say to these dogmatic points of view. It's best not to comment on them and just stick with the original poster. These dogmatic viewed people never write anything. The just harp even if methods are successful. People here are eager to learn and grow. But, thes dogmatic people don't want to teach anybody with methods. They spend all of their time trying to prove their right that they missed the opportunity to write their own article.

I am not a big fan of protesters. All they do is scream in your face, but do nothing to create. I really don't think that I learned a thing from these couple of guys. They just kept saying that I was ludicris. So funny. They don't want to write their own articles because of several reason. First is they just don't care if other people here succeed. Second, they project their dogmatic views without teaching a thing. They spout some words, but with nothing to bite your teeth into. If they wrote their own post with experience, I would ask a some questions to find out if it right for me. I guess what I am trying to say is what are the results of testing and how can I follow this idea without having to become a scientist to loose some fat.

again you totally miss the point, not sure why, it's really not hard to understand, no one has questioned that your way of doing things worked or that they can work for others, people have called into question your reasoning behind doing certain things and why they work. for instance eating mult times a day to keep your metabolism revved up, as the op if called into question it is your onus to substantiate such claims and refute the evidence provided.

it is better to inform people then spout nutritional myths and falsehoods ie eat mult times a day to keep your metabolism revved up, you need CHO, BMR is the same as BIA, making blanket statements as to what is a good starting deficit, how many cals 1lb of muscle burns etc
  • LowCarbForLife
    LowCarbForLife Posts: 82 Member
    Options

again you totally miss the point, not sure why, it's really not hard to understand, no one has questioned that your way of doing things worked or that they can work for others, people have called into question your reasoning behind doing certain things and why they work. for instance eating mult times a day to keep your metabolism revved up, as the op if called into question it is your onus to substantiate such claims and refute the evidence provided.

it is better to inform people then spout nutritional myths and falsehoods ie eat mult times a day to keep your metabolism revved up, you need CHO, BMR is the same as BIA, making blanket statements as to what is a good starting deficit, how many cals 1lb of muscle burns etc

You will be happier and more satisfied beating your head against a rock as opposed to debating adross. I've read many of his threads and they all have common features.

1. I'm doing such and such, my BIA machine which I believe is 100% accurate shows they work for me so consequently it follows they will absolutely work for everyone else.
    2. Don't disagree with me or ask for supporting research. I don't tolerate disagreement and I have none, respectively.
    3. I can't spell worth a damn but claim to be an educated professional.
    4. Similarly, I don't know the meaning for many commonly used acronyms and terms (e.g. BIA, BMI, BMR) and my knowledge of nutrition in general is pretty weak.
    5. I love to respond to any legitimate criticism of what I write with personal attacks.
    6. I thrive off the 'me too', 'omg your (sic) awesome' responses I get from people who don't even comprehend what I've written.

I could go on indefinitely but I'll stop now as I think my point has been made.