Step into the New Year Challenge

Options

Replies

• ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    These are the members so far. Please get to know each other as they can be there to support you and push you when you need it.

ecronick
    jaimieht
    tammierich
    FighterDietFan
    irunn2doorz
    rae_mayer
    Sixxbaby
    FitJ1210
    ngallaway
    destiny150

5 more spots are open
  • sixxbaby
    Options
    Hi all feel free to add me as a friend if you are doing this challenge, oh and my name is Shannon
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Erica Does the mileage count for only walking/ running?

How about biking... elliptical.... swimming?
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hi! I would like to join this challenge!!

I am just getting going on exercise again...so I'm choosing option # 1.

Hello everyone!!

Oh, and my starting weight as of today is 169. Or do you want our starting weights as of the 26th?

That day is a good one for me to start...it's my birthday!! :)
  • ecronick
    Options
    Jorden I'm going to say just walking/running. I suggest using a pedometer as well.

Welcome Miracleminded1

We can all weigh in on the 25th. :)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    That sounds fine Erica... just wanted to clarify. :smile:
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    I've started to practice my walking this week! I can do 3 miles on my lunches if I take all my breaks together for a total of an hour. I am also using a site that I can plan a route out so I know the distance of my walks/runs. If you're interested, it's called mapmyrun. There are options on it tho for running, walking, bicycling, hiking, etc.... And when the weather turns poor I can just go downstairs to the exercise room and use the treadmill.

Anyway, I made a map of a route for today that will include taking me by a nearby by grocery store on my way back to work because I need to pick up something for my daughter and it will save me the stop after work.

When I looked to see how far I walked yesterday it was at 3 miles, almost exactly. I had taken off and set my alarm on my phone for the halfway point...I walked away from work for half the time, then back to work for the other half. I was wearing my boots tho, which I'll make sure not to do again! The blisters on my feet will remind me! I might be able to go further with my sneakers on. I'm sure over time I will be able to also as I get more conditioned.

I have also finally gotten a walking/running program that I was waiting for - it arrived yesterday. I will plan on starting that on Monday to give me time to read the info before putting it into practice.

Getting geared up for this!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    miraclemined1 Looks like your setting yourself.. up for SUCCESS! :smile:

I was thinking I bit off more than I could handle with the 30 miles a week. But my aim is for 10k steps a day now thats around 4 miles a day.... 28 miles a week its not much more.

Does anyone do WATP dvd's?
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge

Name: Crystal
    SW: 209.5 lbs
    Walking option: #4
  • ecronick
    Options
    Yay Miracleminded1 you are definitely getting geared up for success and I am looking forward to doing this with all of you!! I love using the google app on my phone for walking running. Tells you how fast you're going, your times/distance, elevation. I LOVE IT!!! lol

Crystal we would love to have you in this challenge. We will weight in next Sunday and the challenge will begin Monday. :)
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks looking forward to this
  • tammierich
    Options
    Hi All

I am really enjoying the challenge but due to a change in work committments for the next few months I think I will struggle to do option 3. I will manage it this week but as from next week I will only be able to do option 2. Am I able to change this or shall I just do a forfeit every week?

Loving the challenge

Tammie
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hi All

I am really enjoying the challenge but due to a change in work committments for the next few months I think I will struggle to do option 3. I will manage it this week but as from next week I will only be able to do option 2. Am I able to change this or shall I just do a forfeit every week?

Loving the challenge

Tammie

This challenge doesn't start until Monday, September 26th, so I don't see why you can't change your option! :)
  • tammierich
    Options
    Opps I really need to pay more attention. I started this week.
  • ecronick
    Options
    Yep you are definitely able to change. I will put you down as option number 2. Thanks for letting me know. :)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Am I in time to join in?

If so . . .

Name: Julie
    SW: 218 lbs
    Walking option: #3
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Opps I really need to pay more attention. I started this week.

Your just practicing for the real thing :smile:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Hi jellybelly and Julie!
  • ecronick
    Options
    No Julie you are definitely not to late. So glad to have you. :)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Yay! A long term challenge is just what I need, happy to be aboard :wink: