Ugh. Pigs on here!

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
So, I have to vent.

I have gone through life with a big chest. When I sprouted, I sprouted big. Almost all of my friends all throughout life have been normal to small in chest size, so they never understood the back pains, shoulders caving in, itching, spending ridiculous amounts of money on bras IF you can find them.

I posted a few days ago on here about a bra eating me, digging into my ribs and cutting me. The support (no pun intended!) was amazing. I got great answers and solutions, and got my issue taken care of!

I got on an noticed I had an email on here. It was a piggish email about the size of my chest.

Really? I mean, are you kidding me? I know some guys make fun of the women's threads on here, and I get that. Being a woman isn't as glamorous as we like to say. It's nasty, it's gross, and it's downright painful some of the time. And I get that posting info like that will illicit ridiculous responses in some cases. I just figured and hoped that a website like this would have less of a chance of getting tagged by pigs. Then when I responded? He didn't have the guts to say anything back. Really? So you're going to harass me then chicken out? What a man.

UGH!! It's been a good week otherwise lol!

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Eh, just report him and send Mike the email, maybe he'll get kicked out. Or maybe not. Either way, don't let him bother you.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I would report him. There are pigs and idiots everywhere, especially on the web. He needs to be reported though so hopefully he won't do it to someone else.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Eh, just report him and send Mike the email, maybe he'll get kicked out. Or maybe not. Either way, don't let him bother you.

Yeah, report his butt. We are all self conscious enough without *kitten* like him piling on more crap to our fragile psyches!

Sorry that had to happen to you.
  • imprimez
    Options
    I think you should have just ignored him and not even bothered with a reply. Possibly he was just trying to bait you into a response, even if he never intended to answer. It's just the internet-- dumb comments or messages never deserve a reply and just waste your time.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yup. Forward it to Mike or Steven. It happens. Don't let it get to you.
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not.....there are pigs everywhere! I have had to delete a few on my friends list!! ugh!!
  • SarahBeeMe
    SarahBeeMe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    NOT helpful :( There are some complete idiots out there. I agree with all the above, report him and show him that if he's not on here to support other people then he's in the wrong place. YUCK!
  • jgbigman
    jgbigman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Agree wth all above!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Do not respond,copy and paste it to Mike then block the person.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    just ignore em.. ppl are disgusting sometimes... i had to clean out my friend list a few times... things like that are uncalled for
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The only response I sent was "Excuse me, what?"

But he's definitely blocked, and I'll report him for sure.

I was more just flabbergasted. Like...really? Are you honestly doing this? Weirdo. Ugh.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Do not respond,copy and paste it to Mike then block the person.

This^

This happens a lot.
  • peterc9
    peterc9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that - a real breach of trust. If you report him I hope he gets kicked out - we don't need people like that on MFP.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Report him. We (those with larger chests and women in general) have a right to be treated like human beings, regardless of our chest size. People like that create an environment of body shame, hostility, and misogyny. I'm sorry you had to experience that, but happy you're willing to speak up and stay strong.

That kind of behaviour isn't acceptable, and the best way to stop it is to bring attention to it rather than leaving it in the shadows. So I'm glad you started a thread on it - if we don't make it clear that the behaviour is unwelcome, those people will make us unwelcome.

Report this guy, and kudos writing him back. Bet he was surprised that his actions actually had consequences!!
  • theberg
    Options
    This isn't an excuse, I would just like to point out (as a proud member of the male species) that Men are dumb... As it turns out, some are worse than others.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's a shame this happened. I'd just ignore and block. I'm not excusing the behavior, but I sometimes think these emails are meant to be complimentary - and unfortunately there are those who actually recieve them as such. Additionally, regrettably this place has been tagged by other more predatory sites( "how to get laid" type sites) as a ripe place to find women with low esteem who will do anything for sexual attention. Makes us all susceptible to these creeps.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this in addition to the other woes you mentioned. :(
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    So, I have to vent.

I have gone through life with a big chest. When I sprouted, I sprouted big. Almost all of my friends all throughout life have been normal to small in chest size, so they never understood the back pains, shoulders caving in, itching, spending ridiculous amounts of money on bras IF you can find them.

I posted a few days ago on here about a bra eating me, digging into my ribs and cutting me. The support (no pun intended!) was amazing. I got great answers and solutions, and got my issue taken care of!

I got on an noticed I had an email on here. It was a piggish email about the size of my chest.

Really? I mean, are you kidding me? I know some guys make fun of the women's threads on here, and I get that. Being a woman isn't as glamorous as we like to say. It's nasty, it's gross, and it's downright painful some of the time. And I get that posting info like that will illicit ridiculous responses in some cases. I just figured and hoped that a website like this would have less of a chance of getting tagged by pigs. Then when I responded? He didn't have the guts to say anything back. Really? So you're going to harass me then chicken out? What a man.

UGH!! It's been a good week otherwise lol!

I would urge you to report, name and shame. this person might have a female 'friend' who reads this post and may re-consider if this person has anyone except their own convoluted and cruel agenda at heart.

I treat every friend, man or woman as a brother or a sister on this site.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction when I was 19. At the time, I was 5'2", weighed about 120 soaking wet, and I was a 34DDD. What finally spurred me to get the surgery was a guy, whom I was flirting with at a party, said to a friend (and I overheard...) "Dude, it was like 30 minutes before I knew what she looked like!"

Yep, men can be stupid.

Report him. Block him. Move on.
  • RangerSteve
    Options
    I just figured and hoped that a website like this would have less of a chance of getting tagged by pigs.

So you figured and hoped a website that has cleavage days and constant pictures of girls with their boobs and *kitten* hanging out of their clothes wouldn't attract pigs?

Sure I guess.....I mean why would pigs be attracted to close up shots of girls with their.....assets hanging out and tiny little bikinis asking questions like "HONESTLY GUISE, DO MY BEWBS LOOK GUUD IN THIS?"

Yeah, that kind of site wouldn't attract pigs. I'm perplexed, blown away, confused as to how a piggish male would EVER find this site.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    In other words a lady who may be for the first time in a long time (or ever) is finally feeling good about how she looks should either hide it or expect to be harassed?
    Bull crap,there is no excuse for that behavior,end of discussion.
This discussion has been closed.