Sexy in Six ***Closed Group*** Week 5!

Options

Replies

• Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD : Since food related rewards are contradictory to what we are trying to achieve - What are some ways that you can reward yourself if you have reached a goal or simply had a good week?

I love this question!!!!!!

Makeup. I am a makeup junkie. So this is my reward for having a good week. Hair products come in a close second. lol
    Maybe I might get both!
  • almille
    Options
    TUESDAY: QOTD- REWARDS
    I haven't really needed rewards to motivate me yet, but I've been treating myself by making room in a tight budget for activity equipment- new goggles, tennis balls, disc golf discs... ;D
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD : Since food related rewards are contradictory to what we are trying to achieve - What are some ways that you can reward yourself if you have reached a goal or simply had a good week?

Since I'm aiming tto lose 45 pounds, I set a reward for every 15 pounds I lost. At -15, I got to go buy new nose rings. At -30, I will get my hair trimmed and get a few pink streaks (hoping to be there soon!) And finally at -45, I am getting new clothes! That will just so happen to coincide with xmas if I keep my momentum going!

As far as little rewards, if I have a good week or something, I like to take a bubble bath with an iced coffee (sometimes with some kahlua) and read :smile:
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD: Do you have pets and if so what kind? If you don't have pets, if you could have one what would it be?
    I don't have any pets. If I could have a pet I would want a Ridgeback dog. They can run up to 30 miles a day without tiring!!! =)
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I like to go shopping although I don't always have the cash and sometimes I will have a treat if I have done good all week!
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My reward would be a trip to the spa.....it is a really big treat though, so will have to be saved for the big goals being reached.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I've actually never done rewards like that. The feeling of actually DOING it and being successful is my reward. OMG that sounds so cheesy.

Actually, I'm kinda the same way...just seeing the changes is reward enough for me (although I totally stalled out the last two weeks...those philly cheesesteaks happened...back in Massachusetts and back on track this week!)
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I've actually never done rewards like that. The feeling of actually DOING it and being successful is my reward. OMG that sounds so cheesy.

Actually, I'm kinda the same way...just seeing the changes is reward enough for me (although I totally stalled out the last two weeks...those philly cheesesteaks happened...back in Massachusetts and back on track this week!)

This is me too! Other than a few slip ups (ND football weekends...), I haven't needed rewards to keep me motivated.
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ok ladies - need some clarification for this week if possible - I was way over my MFP fats and proteins today bc I munched on peanuts for an afternoon snack - however my meals were balanced - mostly veggies and 1/4 lean protein and complex carb - am I on track for this challenge even if MFP calculates me over my limits?

Thanks!! Keep it up!!!!
    :)
    L
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    ok MY turn~ Tuesday QOTD : Since food related rewards are contradictory to what we are trying to achieve - What are some ways that you can reward yourself if you have reached a goal or simply had a good week?

~ I guess I don't really have mini rewards the number on the scale is reward enough but when I hit 100, I'm buying myself new boobs! :)~
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If I have the money, I reward myself for going down a size with a new clothing item :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD : I love scouting out thrift shops for a smaller sized item ...that I hope to not wear too long as I continue to lose weight :wink:
  • klyvers512
    klyvers512 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Monday: pets

We have 2 rescued dogs. Sprite, is a basenji/boxer mix and has been my baby since 2004. Loki-Pokey (Emily calls him Pickle) turned 3 this year and is a pit mix. Both are amazing, so smart and just great dogs.

Shopping for sure. Got a new bra the other day to work out in and it felt so nice!
  • Honey1990
    Options
    i like to reward myself with food. I find that one day of high calories on the weekend helps me stay on track the rest of the week.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    thursday question:

(i know this is really early in the week but i am moving cross country this week and may not be here (lack of internet and have lost phone) and don't want to miss posting my question!!!)

THURSDAY: Do what friends/family say about you (and it doesn't just have to be about your weightloss... it can be any comment about you as a person...negative/positive) affect how you lose? If so, why? And if it affects it negatively, how do you overcome their comments?

I actually stopped interacting w/the majority of my family a long time ago because of such affects on my psyche and such. Negative ppl breed negativity and if you can't take them w/a grain of salt then, as adults, why choose to take them at all. I think that realizing that it is a choice we make to have certain people in our life and rid ourselves of those that don't positively promote us, is our first step in getting healthy and staying healthy.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY: Do what friends/family say about you (and it doesn't just have to be about your weightloss... it can be any comment about you as a person...negative/positive) affect how you lose? If so, why? And if it affects it negatively, how do you overcome their comments?

Well, last week my husband told me I didn't look like Spongebob any more. I think he meant it as a compliment. It hurt my feeling a bit though. I am even MORE determined now to reach my goal! I'm really sensitive to what people say (though I might pretend not to care)
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Depends on how much I value the person who is saying it. And if they are saying it to be hurtful or helpful. Compliments are always happily taken of course, as well as encouragement. Constructive criticism based on the not so healthy things I have done, also taken but not happily as none of us wanna be wrong. Rude remarks, things being said just to hurt me, or to hold me back from my weight loss goal. In one ear and out the other. I have friends who tell me I look awesome and ones who tell me I look to thin ( I call them haters). I am a size 9 and 20 pounds away from my first goal I am definitely not too thin. But there will always be people who wanna see you fail because they're insecure with themselves, and you just gotta brush them off.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY: Do what friends/family say about you (and it doesn't just have to be about your weightloss... it can be any comment about you as a person...negative/positive) affect how you lose? If so, why? And if it affects it negatively, how do you overcome their comments

Oh, totally. both positive and negative. My mother is probably the MOST negative person I know, and she is the first person to dish out criticism, I used to let it get me down but now I work harder and smile when I prove her wrong!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Agreed that it depends on who its coming from. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by a great support network currently. I started at 212 and used to be MUCH more sensitive than I am now. I had been heavy my whole life, about 3 years ago I dropped 50 lbs and gained as much in confidence, I can let a lot roll off., it goes both ways though If I'm trying to help someone that's down about their weight, wanting to diet or exercise I try to include them and tell them about MFP but now they look at me and judge me like I don't know what its like to be bigger!!! It is SUCH A weird position to be in, because I actually know EXACTLY what they are going through and I have judged "the pretty people" the same way that they were in that situation!!!

you live and you learn and this journey is a blessing, around every turn is someone that has something you can learn from, keep your mind open and let the stuff that doesn't matter roll off!!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hoo boy. My actions and reactions to others over the years re: weight comes from a lot of places. My sister is rail thin and was always in tough circumstances (often of her own making, however), and I was an overweight overachiever to compensate. I succeeded at losing weight through unhealthy means not because I wanted to be "healthier" but because I wanted to be invisible/fragile/controlling/worthy of care. My relationships with others have changed for the better, thankfully. A few years ago my MIL actually said to me "I'm uncomfortable around you because I'm used to thin people." (!!!!!!) Now we get along very well and she never ever mentions my weight.

I think part of the problem is that my self-perception doesn't always match other people's.