help me lose weight damn it!

Options
i am dumbfounded as to why i can not lose. i tried eating less, tried eating more, started running instead of walking, started drinking more water, i quit drinking, i workout everyday and i eliminated alot of processed foods out of my diet. AND I STILL WEIGH THE SAME, as i did before i started any of this, and i used to eat junk all the time (fast food, candy, alcohol, ect)

i am 5'7 CW is around 130lbs GW is around 120lbs. i just bought a bodybugg and according to that i burn between 2,200-3,000 calories a day

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It is really frustrating, I know. I went through that for quite a while but I am finally losing (albeit slowly!) How are you feeling in yourself? If you are constantly tired, have dry skin/hair and other non-specific symptoms it may be worth getting your thyroid checked.

If your thyroid is ok, then have you considered incorporating weight training? Initially you may not notice a difference but after a few weeks it should help to speed your metabolism.

It may just be that you are near your ideal weight and your body thinks you don't have any more to lose.

I hope you find some success soon. I'm here to support you :smile:
  • sdennis195
    Options
    I completely understand 6 months ago I started walking 5 days a week at 1.2 miles per day. By the 2nd month I was walking 1.6 miles per day 5 days a week and had stopped dring soda. 3rd month over 2 miles a day 6 days a week plus doing weights at night
    stopped smoking, and started cutting calories. 4th month walking 2.65 miles per day 6 days a week plus weights at night , calories at about 1500 per day plus taking vitamens. I am wrapping up 6 months of this and I have lost 0, nadda, nothing, in weight and only 3 1/2 inches. Weeeeee I have tries so many things the only thing I can tell you is that you are not alone.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    thanks i do some weighlifting but i should probably do more. i just burn more doing cardio so i focus on that i guess
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry you're so frustrated, you just might be at your body's goal weight, not YOUR goal weight. i think sometimes we have it in our head how we want to be, but our body thinks differently. if you are eating right and exercising, then you are healthy and that might be your perfect weight.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    From your picture and the weight and height you listed.....it looks as it you don't need to loose any weight. Sometimes we all picture ourselves at this fantasy weight and goal. I want to look like Gisele Bündchen...but it's not realistic. You look like a beautiful healthy young woman. If you would like to see a change maybe incorporate more weights in your fitness routine.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am all ears..in the same battle...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So when you say you've tried eating more but it didn't work, how much did you eat? How long did you try it for?

If you are burning 2200-3000 you should be eating 1950 - 2750 calorie a day. There is NO reason that I know of that this shouldn't produce a 0.5lbs per week weight loss, right?
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you are burning that many calories a day then how many calories are you eating? If your not eating emough then your metabolism will not work no matter what you eat and how much you workout. Make sure you are eating enough
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i eat between 1,600 calories - 2,100 calories. i always feel full and satisfied. I know this is less than what i should be eating but it is more than i used to eat and is still a substantial amount i think. i am trying not eating after 8pm for a week to see if that does anything because i usually consume a large amount of my calories at night. Tonight is day 5 of my trial. one day didnt work so well due to work conflicts but other than that it has gone well
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i just do not get it. i weigh the same as when i was eating wendys, and dairy queen, and going out to dinner all the time at applebees, italian resteraunts and chilis. now i gave that all up and eat out maybe twice a month if that and i do not lose. i know by eating healthier i am making my body healthier on the inside, but if i can eat junk all the time and weigh the same sometimes i wonder what the point of all this is
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic, Carolyn, but where did you get the before and after me pics?
    That is too cool!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry you're so frustrated, you just might be at your body's goal weight, not YOUR goal weight. i think sometimes we have it in our head how we want to be, but our body thinks differently. if you are eating right and exercising, then you are healthy and that might be your perfect weight.

I believe this to be true as well. I am 5'7 as well and I am constantly between 135-138lbs. I eat well and work out 6 days a week burning between 800-1300 calories and nothing. I have excepted this since it has been about 2-3 years now. I just focus on toning and building muscle now.

Also, 120 is 3 pounds away from being underweight for 5'7! 130 would be a much healthier goal for you. Good luck!!!
  • Jessicaruby
    Options

I believe this to be true as well. I am 5'7 as well and I am constantly between 135-138lbs. I eat well and work out 6 days a week burning between 800-1300 calories and nothing. I have excepted this since it has been about 2-3 years now. I just focus on toning and building muscle now.

Also, 120 is 3 pounds away from being underweight for 5'7! 130 would be a much healthier goal for you. Good luck!!!

thank you! you look amazing. if you dont mind me askin how many calories do you normally consume and what muscle toning exericises do you do? maybe i need to focus more on toning?
  • shellet2
    shellet2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend doing more weight training. The more muscle you build, the more calories you will burn throughout the day just doing nothing. Also, your metabolism is revved longer after a weight workout than just a cardio one. That and increase your protein intake (whey protein is great). Also just changing up your routine every few weeks. Your body gets used to the same workout and you'll burn less than when you started.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    what kinds of weights should i be doing and how much weight?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i just do not get it. i weigh the same as when i was eating wendys, and dairy queen, and going out to dinner all the time at applebees, italian resteraunts and chilis. now i gave that all up and eat out maybe twice a month if that and i do not lose. i know by eating healthier i am making my body healthier on the inside, but if i can eat junk all the time and weigh the same sometimes i wonder what the point of all this is

depends on total calories consumed, clean foods don't make you lose any more weight then so called unclean foods
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

thank you! you look amazing. if you dont mind me askin how many calories do you normally consume and what muscle toning exericises do you do? maybe i need to focus more on toning?

Thank you! I eat between 1400-1800 calories everyday except Saturday because it is my rest day sothen I stick to 1200-1300. My food and exercise dairy is open if you want to take a look. I have not been so good about recording my toning exercises everyday, but I have done it for a few days. I hate the scale! I think you are at an excellent weight for your height. Just pick up those weights!

***and I mean't accepted, not excepted! lol. DUH!****
  • Jessicaruby
    Options

depends on total calories consumed, clean foods don't make you lose any more weight then so called unclean foods

i burn anywhere from 2,200-3000 calories a day. i consume anywhere from 1,600-2,100 calories a day. almost all healthy food except the occasional treat
  • brandimarie6
    Options
    in my gym class i lift at the LEAST 95 lbs but i ran out of time so idk what the most is :happy:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    thanks i do some weighlifting but i should probably do more. i just burn more doing cardio so i focus on that i guess

A nice mix of both and you should see results in no time :) I do suggest taking measurments first.. You will gain muscle..