help me lose weight damn it!

Options

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You already look thin. Some people have mentioned weight lifting and resistance exercise. Maybe you should throw out the scale and concentrate on measurements?
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is at its set point - and your goal weight is borderline underweight so perhaps it's resisting going under a healthy weight.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    if i forget about the scale then and just focus on toning what kinds of weighlifting should i be doing? and do i still need to do cardio to burn more calories?
  • brandimarie6
    Options
    u should try bench pressing lifting dumbbells and things like that :smile:
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    if i forget about the scale then and just focus on toning what kinds of weighlifting should i be doing? and do i still need to do cardio to burn more calories?

If you lift heavy (so that you can ONLY do 8-12 reps) and take no longer than 15 second rests between sets you will get a good cardio workout too. I"m so sweaty after lifting. I still do cardio afterwards too.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I see you posting this same topic over and over.. but with different wording.

My advice.. honestly.. knock it off. Stop stressing so much and let your body do what it wants to do.. put the scale away for a while and see what happens. Cut back on the exercising everyday and lift a few weights..and then in a few months weigh in and see what happens.

The more stressed you are, the harder this whole process is.. and like others said, maybe 130 is where you're meant to be. So focus on toning the body that you have and things may change.
  • bluebird321
    Options

If you lift heavy (so that you can ONLY do 8-12 reps) and take no longer than 15 second rests between sets you will get a good cardio workout too. I"m so sweaty after lifting. I still do cardio afterwards too.

This.

Also, having more lean muscle mass will speed up your metabolism. Instead of focusing on weight loss, you should consider body recomposition.
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i am maily concerned with toning my abs besides crunches how can i accomplish this?
  • cwinkelman1
    Options
    Jessica, why don't you try a program like P90X or Chalene Extreme? They are meant to build muscle and burn fat and take the guess work out of designing a workout program and diet. You can do it at home. Or go to Bodybuilding.com and check out Jamie Eason's 12-Week Trainer. That's sets out a complete program for you, along with diet.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    i don't want to be rude but have you noticed you are totally ignoring those who tell you you dont need to lose any more weight?
  • Jessicaruby
    Options
    i don't want to be rude but have you noticed you are totally ignoring those who tell you you dont need to lose any more weight?
    lol i know. everyone tells me this but i am just not happy with the way i look.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet but you might could really benefit from New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Gain 5lbs of muscle weight in 6 months, lose 5lbs of fat in 6 months, and you'll be look really fit and healthy.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I haven't started it yet but you might could really benefit from New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. Gain 5lbs of muscle weight in 6 months, lose 5lbs of fat in 6 months, and you'll be look really fit and healthy.

I second that too. You will see a huge difference in the mirror!!!
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Knock your carbs down 50 points. Eat most of your carbs before busier times. If your relaxing...stay away from carbs. Carbs fuel your muscles and.brain. too much and you get fat storage.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Why is 120 your goal and what is your BF %? You have to realize that at your height, your current weight is probably ideal. The tone abs you are talking about are often times are easy for the genetically gifted, but for a lady such as yourself, you might have to up the exercise to near athlete/fitness competitor levels to achieve this. Not to mention that most women you see with toned abs are only that tone during competitions and or photoshoots. They have to dehydrate to get that look. I'm not saying it's impossible or trying to deter you, but know in advance that keeping that shredded of a look and weighing 120 at your height might be a huge undertaking. Anyways, good luck.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you've tried everything that you've heard about on myfitnesspal and it's still not working, I recommend you go see your doctor. One person suggested that there might be a problem with your thyroid. When I had a problem with my thyoid gland, I only ate about a quarter of my normal food intake and my weight stayed steady.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    i am maily concerned with toning my abs besides crunches how can i accomplish this?
    Captain chair?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    If you've tried everything that you've heard about on myfitnesspal and it's still not working, I recommend you go see your doctor. One person suggested that there might be a problem with your thyroid. When I had a problem with my thyoid gland, I only ate about a quarter of my normal food intake and my weight stayed steady.
    I think she just has too little to lose. And this is the hardest.
  • bexlynam
    bexlynam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    im 183 pounds.. what exercises would anyone recommend considerin i have done no previous exercise... is the wii fit board any good? :)
  • bluebird321
    Options
    im 183 pounds.. what exercises would anyone recommend considerin i have done no previous exercise... is the wii fit board any good? :)

I recommend walking about 30 minutes ever day to start with, but the wii fit board is fine also. Just start with something you can stick with consistently.