5'9" 115 pounds

Options
Hey, everyone! I am new to this site. I am 5'9", and I weigh 130 as of this morning. I want to lose 15 pounds! Any tips?

xoxo :) thanks!

Replies

• PaulaJKelly
    Options
    I'd say don't. I am 5 3 1/2 and weigh 110-113 and people keep telling me I am too skinny. Maybe what you want is to tone your body. Don't get sick. You are really tall to weight 115. Pray you make good decisions for your health.
    :smile:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Won't that make you quite underweight?
  • Amyding115
    Options
    Pick your plan, plan your meals, and start working out! Good Luck!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes. Seek a psychiatrist.

Love you. Don't know you and I love you. :heart:
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Edited by moderator

Unnecessary.

To the OP, my question would be why? My wife is 5'2, 123 and is in excellent shape. You look like you are in good shape too. Why do you want to weigh so little?
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and my max healthy weight is 128. I highly doubt you need to lose in fact you are probably too small. I agree with Krystonite, sorry!
  • crystall2190
    crystall2190 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this link - http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html

For your height, 130 is the minimum you really should be weighing. Losing 15 pounds, and I'm sorry if this offends you, would make you look sickly. Like a skeleton. You're beautiful and you have an amazing body already. You definitely don't need to lose weight. If anything workout just to feel good and be even healthier :)
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Actually, you're already at the low end of the BMI scale and 115 would put you in the underweight category :( I would just focus on healthy eating :) good luck
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Tone up, don't lose weight. Add muscle.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 122 (or so). Thin is not sexy, strong is sexy. It goes without saying that at 5'9 weighing 115 is on the underweight sign. Not trying to be mean, but if your default picture is really how you look today, I say you are thin (too thin honestly) and you need to focus on some muscle. Not bulking up, but skin and bones is not healthy, at all!

So I wouldn't advise a weight loss goal at all for you, but set some fitness goals!
  • cwinkelman1
    Options
    Go hit the weights, and put on some muscle! You'll be tighter, thus appearing smaller, but in better shape than just losing more weight.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    No need to be unkind about it, people... :angry:

... but the truth is you are already very close to being underweight and another 15 lbs would put you well below your healthy BMI. Please reconsider. Maybe if you're unhappy with your body, you could work on toning or building muscle or cardiovascular fitness... there are tons of things a person can do to feel better about herself. But as far as you losing weight... definitely not the way to go.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You look great, I think you just need toning!
  • Beachbabe90xo
    Options
    wow! so many responses! thank you everyone... I think maybe i will change my goal to 125 and build muscle instead?
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yikes! That's quite low!
    I'm 5'0 and I weigh 111 and I often get told I should just go into maintenance.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    wow! so many responses! thank you everyone... I think maybe i will change my goal to 125 and build muscle instead?

Sounds like a much healthier approach.
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Tone up, don't lose weight. Add muscle.

Agree! I'm 5' 2" and my goal weight (and ideal weight for my build!!) is 115lb. I'm sure you look fabulous now!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and have a goal of 150lbs. Already at 166 people are telling me that I am wasting away. I still feel jiggly around the middle though. So my focus has shifted to toning up. I may lose weight from here, or I may gain muscle weight. So if tightening up is what you feel you need, be prepared to work hard and to not see the scale move too much.

Bottom line: Eat Healthy, Be Active, pay attention to what your body is telling you, and ignore the scale.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I say if you want to tone, build muscle then do that. You look great. I am 5' and 115 is middle of my healthy range. You being 9"taller it seems like an unhealthy weight to me.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this link - http://www.rush.edu/rumc/page-1108048103230.html

For your height, 130 is the minimum you really should be weighing. Losing 15 pounds, and I'm sorry if this offends you, would make you look sickly. Like a skeleton. You're beautiful and you have an amazing body already. You definitely don't need to lose weight. If anything workout just to feel good and be even healthier :)

Please think carefully about this! This is all true.