anyone else log their food before they eat it?

Options
2»

Replies

• spunkysuzi
    spunkysuzi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Indeed I do!!
  • aleongal
    Options
    i do especially at dinner time because i have watched what i eat through out the day but at dinner i have only so many calories left so i put it in before i make it so i can know for sure how much of what i can eat and not to over eat
  • sandiburn
    Options
    I log it right before I eat. It makes me think about eating something that I dont need. I see the cals just before I put it in my mouth.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I log most of my day's calories at the start of the day if I know I am going to eat something or am pretty sure I will eat it. Things change a little through the day, but not much. And sometimes I have a play to work out what will make my macros work best, then lock it in as my food for the rest of the day (what I did today!).
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes - Unless I am going out for a meal, I always log them in advance.

I have a few "standard" breakfasts, and most days I take lunch to work. I start preparing my salad the night before, so I already know what I am going to have. I just need to think about dinner.

I also find that MFP helps me when planning my grocery list, as I have a fair idea as to what I will need for the week. I am hopeful that I will see the cost of groceries reduce as I spend less on "extras"!