How do you spice up your marriage?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Vacations! Lots of date nights. It is hard to find a sitter but soooo important. We don't just go out to dinner either, we do fun things like baseball games, sea kayaking, mountain biking, bar hoping. We try to do it about once a month or so..... and yes, we make time for sex 1-2 times a week (which is kind of sad but pretty much all we've got).
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'd keep mine fresh by never getting married LOL. That said, treat him as though he is still someone you want to impress and entice. Treat him as though he's someone who has a choice to be with you, not someone who's obligated because of papers. :smile:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    paint each other in chocolate. you can get it from a "specialty store" or you can just use fondue, but then make sure to let it cool a bit.

pick each other up. go out and act like you've never met and pick the other up at a bar or a diner or the library. it keeps the flirting.

get messy. food fights or mud runs or jello wrestling, it's fun and a little childish. the relationships that work don't take themselves too seriously.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ok first you are going to need a clown suit,a tub of crisco, duct tape, chili powder,and last but not least a vacum with attachments.............
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

I've been in a relationship for 21+ years and one of the biggest things is that we've changed alot in that time. The ones that get bored are the ones that don't realize they're changing - they force themselves into their old roles instead of talking and re-examining what they're doing all the time. Allow yourselves to change and grow and you won't get bored with each other or yourself.

Wow....this tidbit has shed some much needed light for me...and it's so simple...taking this bit home.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    sex checks or coupons... they can be interesting :p
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    One word: Bondage.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Dates!! Flirting, learning something new together, taking time to just sit, not say anything, and just *be* together. .. learning how to communicate effectively and using it every. damn. day. Small gestures toward each other, something as simple as picking up their favorite treat on the way home when you know they've had a bad day. Acting like teenagers together, being silly, and never taking anything too personally.
  • mdfeller
    Options
    If you have kids, like my husband and I, I really like candle lit dinners just the two of us after the kids go to bed. Ours go at 8:30 during the week, and we generally eat dinner at 6, so I still feed them at 6, and maybe have a little salad or just a bite with them, then after they get in bed, reheat or started cooking at 8. Light the candles and enjoy a quiet dinner just the two of us. We have three kids, so peach and quiet is almost non existent. During this time, we talk about our day, and anything else we have on our minds.

We also like to play games together (again after the kids go to bed) Sometimes if he's really lucky, I'll play some racing and shooting game with him on the xbox or ps. Mostly we play phase 10 or skip bo. Sometimes if I'm really lucky, he'll karaoke with me or guitar hero.

Also, leave little love notes occasionally. He leaves for work at 730ish, and sometimes the night before I'll stick a little sticky on his steering wheel. Just I love you notes, or something. Also, if he takes his lunch, I might leave a little flirty note in there.

He loves ham, and I hate it, so once or twice a month, I'll fix it for him, and he really appreciates it, cause he knows how much I hate it. Sometimes I even take out the trash for him, or even mow the yard. :) He buys me a plane ticket to see my bff in Florida. <3
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bump

So I can read later :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    marriage-death-demotivational-poste.jpg

haha

Awesome!

I'm not married but see lots of good ideas here. Such as: a movie you would necessarily like but he does, flirting, picture messages, going on dates as often as you can...
  • BobbyLx
    BobbyLx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My wife gave me a divorce. It was the best thing ever. We have never been happier.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Outside of the bedroom, we accomadate each other's wants. Some nights he wants to just play Fallout, so I curl up with a book for a bit. Other nights, we play mario party together, or snuggle up for a movie.
    I think the most important thing is to realize that just because you have been married for however many years doesn't mean you don't get to act like newlyweds. Be silly, have fun. Currently, we have a stuff animal horse that we hide from each other all over the house. Silly, but fun.

On a more "inside the bedroom" note, again, have fun! We have sex between 4 to 8 times a week, and that's with him working and going to school full time, two kids, and 6 years of marriage. I don't view sex as an obligation, although I'll admit that about half of the time, it's just for him. I love him enough that I'm going to have fun with it, regardless of whether or not I get mine in the end. Communicate your needs and your wants, and be willing to try new things.
    One of my favorite things is actually going out to bars with him every now and then, but splitting up when we get there. Somehow flirting with other people makes us both better appreciate each other. It never goes further then a conversation with a stranger, but it feels so risque lols.
    Try to remember why you choose this person to spend your life with, and find those qualities within each other again.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    what not to do:

if your partner is prone to motion sickness, do NOT drive them around a hilly countryside blindfolded.

if they are allergic to fish, do not take them out to a nice seafood restaurant by the beach. it sounds nice, but the ER bills are expensive.

do not go alone to a party they weren't able to accompany you on and then give them the door prize as a "gift".

if you have never cooked steak before, and aren't especially talented in the kitchen, don't try to grill it on the stove with a skillet 10 minutes before the SO gets home...

if you plan a birthday party for them, make sure it actually happens right around THEIR birthday, not your ex's whom you got them confused with...

~~ not saying i know any of these from experience... *looks innocent.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Sometimes she's the Principal and I'm the naughty schoolgirl.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Sometimes she's the Principal and I'm the naughty schoolgirl.
    :happy:
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    strange!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If I ever feel the need to appreciate my wife more, I just turn on Bridezillas or just about any other reality show, and look at all of the dumb wastes of skin running around the planet. A little nagging and bickering look pretty good next to a bunch of raging *kitten* with substance abuse problems and fame addiction.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are butchering a moose together this week - haha.

Let's see, in the past we have:

Designed our dream home - we still have it in a file along with photos of a lot of dream furnishings.
    Coached Boys and Girls Club basketball together.
    Hiked seriously challenging mountains.
    Gone on mini-vacations, just a weekend is enough sometimes.
    Gone on dates - movies, bowling, driving, ice skating, sometimes just for ice cream or a doughnut.
    Definitely flirt.
    Leave random notes in unexpected places - shower, lunch box, inside a shirt, on a pillow. And they don't have to be sexy notes, just an I love you or Thank you for your hard work, whatever.
  • sandislim
    Options
    We do the pleasure delay thing - well, I do - I'm not sure if my hubby appreciates it as much as me ;) lol