Extrovert or Introvert?

Options
I recently discovered I've changed from an extrovert to an introvert. I took the meyers-briggs test in college, and then I was extroverted. Now, through life experiences and other factors, I've become introverted.

I do not think this is a bad thing, but it just interested me that it can change over time.

So, enlighten me... are you Extroverted or Introverted?

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The quiz I just took online told me I am 100% extrovert. :D
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    100% Extrovert as well, actually a nutcase if you ask me
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Extrovert for sure.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    introvert :P
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    apparently im an introvert
  • edonald774
    edonald774 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm an extrovert in the sense that I get my energy from other people (this is how the meyers-briggs test calculates things), however as most people understand things, I'm an introvert as I prefer not to stand out from the crowd and don't enjoy being put in situations where I have to network or meet new people.

Scarily, I rock the boat slightly as I'm a trainer - a role which usually suits an extraverted nature.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Bahaaaaa! I have done myers-briggs 3 times and i am INTJ (just like Hitler, apparently). Always blows me away as i thought I was an extrovert!
  • etarbert
    Options
    For me, 40% Extrovert and 60% Introvert, according to the quiz at this address http://www.blogthings.com/areyouanextrovertorintrovertquiz/
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere in between, i used to but im alot more social now
  • easier
    Options
    :wink: Gee, you would never be able to guess from my # of posts, but yeah, introvert.

I took the test in my 20's (over 20 yrs ago) and was an extrovert scoring 16/20.

At the time, I also read a book called Type Talk. I recall reading that as you age, your less dominant personality preferences become more dominant as you age.

My Sensor Judger is less and my iNtuitive Perceiver has increased, thus time management is a joke for me in these years.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I like being social and I like to talk a lot...

but I guess where I differ is this...

1. I have to have alone time to re-charge. I get drained after a while
    2. I prefer to have a small group of people with deep connections, rather than larger social settings--I tend to get super anxiety when in large crowds, clubs, concerts, parties, etc. (but somehow I love sporting events? Maybe b/c I don't have to really totally interact with the crowd on a personal level?)

3, I have a very tight knit small group of friends and family whom I really trust and want to get to know... I don't care to make that group much larger. I get and give in that group... Why look for more?

That's just me though.. I'm married to a total Extrovert. He could make friends with rocks..... :0)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think I'm an introvert.... though people who work with me might not agree.

But now I have that nutty "introvert/extrovert" song stuck in my head.
    Thanks for that!!!!!
  • easier
    Options
    It also sounds like you would be “the dead sea” and your husband “the babbling brook” type from The 5 Languages of Love which is also a rather fascinating read.:smile:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    lol.. "The dead sea" sounds soo depressing!
  • easier
    Options
    No, really it is a beautiful trait.
  • easier
    Options
    The trait is wonderful, especially if your major will be psychology :smile:
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Extrovert
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I recently discovered I've changed from an extrovert to an introvert. I took the meyers-briggs test in college, and then I was extroverted. Now, through life experiences and other factors, I've become introverted.

I do not think this is a bad thing, but it just interested me that it can change over time.

So, enlighten me... are you Extroverted or Introverted?

Funny!! My psych teacher was just explaining this to us last Weds!!
    I'd have to say that when you first meet me, I'm an introvert. When I open up, you can't shut me up!! HAHA
  • BuffTexan
    Options
    Introvert all the way here...
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Surprised to find I was an introvert every time I've taken the test.