Extrovert or Introvert?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've always been an introvert. It's because I don't get energy from people. It eventually drains me. I recharge when I'm alone.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm 50/50, just a walking contradictory of sorts I suppose.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can clearly be classified as either. I enjoy socializing with friends, family, and colleagues and working on projects with others.

However, I also value ME time. I want time when I'm left alone and when I can work independantly and do my hobbies.

Shannon
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am a quiet unimposing extrovert. Definitely an Alpha Male, But...in social situations, I tend to watch and study before getting involved.

Im probably the female version of this. Though probably less cautious than I should be.

My female doppleganger, huh? I knew you were out there.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Introvert all the way...but peoplehave told me I have "friendly" face that draws them in. *shrugs*
  • missjessica83
    Options
    oooo your post just made me take the test and apparently i am rare type INFJ - introvert but the whole description is me to a t!

I share my type with Goethe, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Nelson Mandela and Nicole Kidman!? Not a bad line up!?

x
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    I am probably a split down the middle....really depends on the environmnet I guess
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I am a quiet unimposing extrovert. Definitely an Alpha Male, But...in social situations, I tend to watch and study before getting involved.

Im probably the female version of this. Though probably less cautious than I should be.

My female doppleganger, huh? I knew you were out there.

Out there and dumb as a rock. Best to keep it to one or two syllables or Im lost.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely an introvert but it would be interesting to take the test when I get home.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I've always been an introvert. It's because I don't get energy from people. It eventually drains me. I recharge when I'm alone.

EXACTLY! It doesn't mean that we are totally Anti-social loner depressives! haha... Sometimes I feel like people have us misunderstood. It's just that it takes some time alone to recharge our batteries! :0)

Thanks for the enlightenment. It doesn't mean we don't love life and live it to the fullest. I feel that sometimes people see us as letting the world pass us by.

Completely untrue!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    oooo your post just made me take the test and apparently i am rare type INFJ - introvert but the whole description is me to a t!

I share my type with Goethe, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Nelson Mandela and Nicole Kidman!? Not a bad line up!?

x

ME TOO!!!! Thats awesome!!! Only like 13% of the entire population of the WORLD is like us! haha! I find it rather fascinating and feel unique in a way.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I had taken a Myers-Briggs test in college but don't remember what it came out to, so I just took a quick one again and came out ISFJ. It seems pretty "me" except this line: "They tend to like to stay in one neighbourhood, often choosing to live close to where they were themselves raised." I can't stand being home, haha.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options

x

INFJ...me too
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I like being social and I like to talk a lot...

but I guess where I differ is this...

1. I have to have alone time to re-charge. I get drained after a while
    2. I prefer to have a small group of people with deep connections, rather than larger social settings--I tend to get super anxiety when in large crowds, clubs, concerts, parties, etc. (but somehow I love sporting events? Maybe b/c I don't have to really totally interact with the crowd on a personal level?)

3, I have a very tight knit small group of friends and family whom I really trust and want to get to know... I don't care to make that group much larger. I get and give in that group... Why look for more?

That's just me though.. I'm married to a total Extrovert. He could make friends with rocks..... :0)
    This is me, excelpt for the husband part. mine is at lot like me. We enjoy small groups and family.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    ok so i just took it and i am an ISTJ

i share my type with Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, Kirk Douglas, Clint Eastwood, Greta Garbo, and aparently i am in the perfect job for me since it said i would be good as a computer programmer. I am a web developer..
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm very Introvert.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    "Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

slightly expressed introvert
    slightly expressed sensing personality
    moderately expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed judging personality"

Jimmy Carter, Jane Fonda, Albert Schweitzer

I S F J
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    yep.... double post.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I score higher on the Extrovert side but sit very closely to the Introvert side.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I found some sort of test online,

my results

distinctively expressed extravert
    moderately expressed sensing personality
    very expressed feeling personality
    slightly expressed perceiving personality