Replies

• haitham979
    Options
    WOW that was great
    thank you very much all
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The more water I drink the better I feel, ya gonna have to learn to like it a little better.......
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If u drink it enough u will start to love it and crave it more. It's my drink of choice now. Love it with a squeeze of lemon! If it makes u nauseous it's only because it's flushing away the toxic crap from all the sodas and actually cleansing u. Cleaning and flushing rarely feels good at first but becomes addicting in a good way soon. Just make yourself drink it more and you'll enjoy it after awhile.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I don't like just water I started with having a drink between mouthfuls of food so still have flavour of the food too, inbetween other drinks or add a little ribena or orange squash so its very lightly tastes of something else.

I think some bottled water's are better than others, so maybe get few different types small bottles of different brands and see which you prefer. I find there is a difference even though its meant to taste the same!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light. I bought Mio in the US while on vaca (it's not in Canada) it SUCKS! you have to use about 4 tsp or so before it tastes like anything and then it is no longer 0 cals and more expensive than Crystal Light which is about .25 cents per serving stick just like diet pop on sale (which does NOT count as water BTW).
  • stephaniej05
    Options
    Try adding fresh lemon, lime, cucumbers, or mint....
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like the "it just needs to be liquid" quote...

:drinker: :drinker: I KNOW I can force down 8 glasses of BEER a day:drinker: :drinker:

So Im good right???:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Love that one ...:laugh:

I hate water too, despite having a filter on my tap it still tastes yuk to me.
    Try to drink at least 3 large mugs of tea a day, trouble is I only like it quite milky and that adds such a lot of calories.
    Do find plenty of fruit like pears and apples will supply a lot of fluid.... always off to the loo every half hour! ..(slight exaggeration! lol!)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I wasn't a water 'hater', just not that excited by it. Cola was my thing. To the point of HAD to have it.

In March 2011 I went cold turkey with the Cola and with adding sugar to 'tolerate' things (eg. sweeten tea, breakfast cereals - lifelong habits) - I did not have any for several weeks.

My substitute back then was water with a slice of lemon AND of lime. Vary amount to taste.

Now I control my intake of softdrinks, and still enjoy Cola occasionally, but it does not control me !

I saw other posts suggesting cucumber and I just had the thought of mint leaves too.

Now I can drink water without flavour as I have made my taste buds accept it.

I understand some sports drinks are good if you are really sweating it out.

Finally, my snack substitute at times is sugarfree mints - spearmint or the strong 'ice' ones. Enjoy one of these then have some water to drink straight after and see what THAT does !
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding totally flippant and/ or preachy, I find that remembering how many people in the world have no access to safe clean drinking water makes it a bit easier to swallow. ..

More practically, try water at different temperatures - some people find that very cold water is easier to stomach, others (like myself) can drink more when it's at room temperature. I still count it as 'water' if I have a cup of tea etc as well, but I'd rather use my cals for food so generally prefer my water without any cordial/ mix etc in it.