let it go...

bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
When someone does or says something to get under your skin, guess what? You have a right to let it go. *gasp* Yes, seriously. The person does not make you upset. They said something that ruffled your feathers, but YOU chose to let it affect you. So, YOU can choose to let it go. YOU made yourself mad, NOT them.

Sure, they may have acted like a total asshat, but you decide whether to let it roll off your shoulders or harbor it. Who do you think it hurts? Certainly not them. YOU call the shots on how you are going to react to others, no one else can do that for you. So, are you going to take charge of your life and your emotions, or are you going to continue to blame others for your bad attitude?

(I needed this today - I had forgotten others don't piss me off, I ALLOWED it to happen and am now letting it go - woosah!)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, no way!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Don't let things happen to you, YOU need to happen to them :)
  • Thanks for reminding me, Bry. I let people tick me off for 5 minutes extra. That's a focus on them that they don't deserve!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    It's always good to remind yourself of this now and then.

You can't control what people say and how they act, but you can control how you react to them. Getting upset isn't worth it!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    I do let it go.

Usually after I crush them into sobbing dust, crying at their own insignificance.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do?
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I do let it go.

Usually after I crush them into sobbing dust, crying at their own insignificance.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

This is true. I don't care what they say. Violence solves everything!
  • bry_all01
    Thanks for reminding me, Bry. I let people tick me off for 5 minutes extra. That's a focus on them that they don't deserve!!

same here, this morning I can think of all sorts of things I could have productively done while steaming over stupidity... Pish posh, gone. :bigsmile:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    I need to print this out and keep it at my desk! :)
    So very true.

Thanks!
  • Good point i had a forgotten how to do that for awhile now but thanks for reminidng me..
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    When someone does or says something to get under your skin, guess what? You have a right to let it go. *gasp* Yes, seriously. The person does not make you upset. They said something that ruffled your feathers, but YOU chose to let it affect you. So, YOU can choose to let it go. YOU made yourself mad, NOT them.

Sure, they may have acted like a total asshat, but you decide whether to let it roll off your shoulders or harbor it. Who do you think it hurts? Certainly not them. YOU call the shots on how you are going to react to others, no one else can do that for you. So, are you going to take charge of your life and your emotions, or are you going to continue to blame others for your bad attitude?

(I needed this today - I had forgotten others don't piss me off, I ALLOWED it to happen and am now letting it go - woosah!)
    Good stuff. I'd add a reminder: talking about the person that got under your skin, e.g. *why* they are doing it, etc. is NOT letting it go...
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    I don't get mad. I just get even. :)

Seriously though, it was a great reminder to us all and thanks for posting it. You are the best!
  • bry_all01

Good stuff. I'd add a reminder: talking about the person that got under your skin, e.g. *why* they are doing it, etc. is NOT letting it go...

yep yep, you genuinely have to LET IT GO......
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Honestly for give them and move on and do not worry about anything.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member

Bravo. Recognition that YOU have control of your emotions is the first step to AWESOMEAWESEOMNESS. Controlling and choosing that which can control is the next.

love the post!
  • so... where can I get one of these asshats? Is that easier than wearing pants?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Absolute truth - now if there was an easy way to remember this and do it all the time - I would be great!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Oh how you are so wise and correct!!! However, I can rarely let it go........guess it's just not in my genes to let it die.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    SO true! The tough part comes from telling yourself not to feel those innate emotions. Sure, you can say "let it roll of your shoulders," but how to you start the motion in the first place. It isn't easy, but it's definitely worth it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    :heart:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    It's hard to do sometimes, but when you can truly let things go, it makes life so much easier!