Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low carb & treats (please, no anti-low-carbers)

13»

Replies

• glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Does anyone know if you can have whey protein with non-fat milk in the attack phase?

I'm dying for something different/sweet/something to give me more energy as I feel shocking today!

I don't see why not. I have it on protein-only days. Just check the carb content :smile:
  • glypta
    when i was on atkins - after initial phase I used to love creme fraiche and raspberries - i added bit sweetner as had (and still have) major sweet tooth

no such luxury on dukan - as even if chose half-fat creme fraiche still cant have the raspberries (or strawberries if preferred)

other treat was melon and parma ham

either of these also made lovely breakfasts

I always used very high bran crackers (slimming world approved too - avail holland and barrett) - about 3g carb each - for spreading peanut butter on - when I wasnt eating it straight from the jar that is - never could trust myself with that stuff - love it too much

You can do Greek yogurt with berries though? Though not in Attack, sure. I have that Whole Earth peanut butter and good God almightly, that stuff has crack cocaine in it, I think! Straight from the jar, I hear you!
  • glypta
    I snack on pepperoni (regular or turkey) and cheese, but I limit my cheese intake to only 1 to 1 1/2 oz per day. Also a good snack is celery sticks with either cream cheese or peanut butter on them. And to get more veggies in my diet I love broccoli crowns dipped in whatever flavor sour cream dip I have for the week. And I love to snack on nuts in the evening watching TV or a movie. I usually have peanuts, but I just bought a bag of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds and they are awesome! Per ounce they are 5 g carbs, less 3 g fiber = 2 g net carbs. :happy: I have a small, 1 oz sized Tupperware midget that I use exclusively to portion out the nuts when I am snacking so I know how much I am eating.
    I love to make MIMs (milled flaxseed muffins) of all flavors. To pretend I am having cake I make a chocolate MIM and top it with either homemade cream cheese frosting or peanut butter.

I have an image of a plastic, short man, dishing out your nuts! :laugh:
  • glypta
    If I have a sweet tooth or I see cupcakes on tv and want them, I just eat some "low carb icing" which is just cream cheese, stevia, and a bit of lemon juice. I have also mixed a little bit of low carb protein powder in it at times or peanut butter if I'm letting myself have more carbs, it tastes like peanut butter icing or peanut butter cheesecake.

That sounds amazing - bought the stuff today! :tongue:
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    I snack on pepperoni (regular or turkey) and cheese, but I limit my cheese intake to only 1 to 1 1/2 oz per day. Also a good snack is celery sticks with either cream cheese or peanut butter on them. And to get more veggies in my diet I love broccoli crowns dipped in whatever flavor sour cream dip I have for the week. And I love to snack on nuts in the evening watching TV or a movie. I usually have peanuts, but I just bought a bag of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds and they are awesome! Per ounce they are 5 g carbs, less 3 g fiber = 2 g net carbs. :happy: I have a small, 1 oz sized Tupperware midget that I use exclusively to portion out the nuts when I am snacking so I know how much I am eating.
    I love to make MIMs (milled flaxseed muffins) of all flavors. To pretend I am having cake I make a chocolate MIM and top it with either homemade cream cheese frosting or peanut butter.

I have an image of a plastic, short man, dishing out your nuts! :laugh:

Hahahahahaha! OMG too funny!