Two and a half men last night..

Options

Replies

• lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i didnt watch it, but the Roast of Charlie Sheen was on as well last night. and i was very displeased with that also

I didn't realize the roast was on until it was more than half way over. I'm planning on watching it Thursday I think (DVR). Now you have me disappointed. :frown:

dont get me wrong...some of it was funny, but a couple of the "roasters" did not make me laugh once. but im sure we have different sense of humors so i hope you enjoy it :smile:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to catch it on'line, I work nights so I missed it. I am NOT an Ashton fan, so I will be a bit biased. I like the post about Lilith & Ashton though, Herb in the house would be funny I think!
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How I see it, is that he is not "replacing" Charlie. He is a new character. So I can't really compare him to Charlie anyway.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    i didnt watch it, but the Roast of Charlie Sheen was on as well last night. and i was very displeased with that also

I didn't realize the roast was on until it was more than half way over. I'm planning on watching it Thursday I think (DVR). Now you have me disappointed. :frown:

dont get me wrong...some of it was funny, but a couple of the "roasters" did not make me laugh once. but im sure we have different sense of humors so i hope you enjoy it :smile:

There's always at least one roaster that bombs out completely. For me it was the blonde chick that clearly confuses 'humor' with being a b!tch.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to catch it on'line, I work nights so I missed it. I am NOT an Ashton fan, so I will be a bit biased. I like the post about Lilith & Ashton though, Herb in the house would be funny I think!
    Ryan Stiles is one of my all-time favorite comic actors. He's just gold.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Gahhh. Missed it..
  • infamousmk
    Options
    double posting is awesome.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

There's always at least one roaster that bombs out completely. For me it was the blonde chick that clearly confuses 'humor' with being a b!tch.

yea, and she made that joke to Stevo, reguarding Ryan Dunn, which was crossing the line completely. did you see his face? i wanted to cry :brokenheart:
  • JenDOhio
    Options
    AGREE!
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Why all the hating on Kutcher. He is hilarious! I have laughed many a night watching him on that 70's show! He is a good actor too! Give the guy a chance! But, I do agree, he is no Charlie Sheen, that's for sure!:wink:

Weakest link on that 70'ws show also...
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night and I'm on the fence. I did like seeing all of Charlie's ex-girlfriends, though, especially Rose. I'm just hoping they don't turn Ashton Kutcher's character into a clone of Charlie. I was hoping for something a little new and different with this change-up. I'm giving it another week or two before I make up my mind.
    Way back when they first announced Kutcher was coming on, I was hoping for this scenario: Lilith leaves Herb for Ashton and Herb moves in with Alan and Jake.

I guess I didn't get that. :-(

But I'm still hoping it works out. After Charlie Sheen's antics, I don't think I could have kept watching if he'd stayed on, no matter how funny it was.

I also really liked all the people looking at the house and the whole Dharma and Greg thing. That was fun.

You may still get Judith leaving Herb!! HAHA At the very end, Judith said, "I LIKE HIM!" and that was the end of it... we'll just have to wait and see. I agree with the people looking at the house. I liked John Stamos saying that he and Charlie had a threesome with a girl on the couch. HAHA TOO MUCH
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night and I'm on the fence. I did like seeing all of Charlie's ex-girlfriends, though, especially Rose. I'm just hoping they don't turn Ashton Kutcher's character into a clone of Charlie. I was hoping for something a little new and different with this change-up. I'm giving it another week or two before I make up my mind.
    Way back when they first announced Kutcher was coming on, I was hoping for this scenario: Lilith leaves Herb for Ashton and Herb moves in with Alan and Jake.

I guess I didn't get that. :-(

But I'm still hoping it works out. After Charlie Sheen's antics, I don't think I could have kept watching if he'd stayed on, no matter how funny it was.

I also really liked all the people looking at the house and the whole Dharma and Greg thing. That was fun.

You may still get Judith leaving Herb!! HAHA At the very end, Judith said, "I LIKE HIM!" and that was the end of it... we'll just have to wait and see. I agree with the people looking at the house. I liked John Stamos saying that he and Charlie had a threesome with a girl on the couch. HAHA TOO MUCH

Good point! I posted that scenario on a message board and was kind of wondering if maybe someone from the show happened across it. Or maybe they just think like I do.

Probably not, though.

And clearly, I mixed up Lilith from Cheers with JUDITH from 2 1/2 Men. Oops. Glad y'all got what I meant, though.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I just kept waiting for the funny part:ohwell: .

Me too! I used to laugh out loud, but found last night's episode dissappointing considering all the hype they gave it.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    From his only 20 seconds it looked to me that John Stamos would have been a much better replacement...as long as he would have been in the same character..
  • infamousmk
    Options

yea, and she made that joke to Stevo, reguarding Ryan Dunn, which was crossing the line completely. did you see his face? i wanted to cry :brokenheart:

I caught out of the corner of the screen that he turned around to her after she sat down. I hope he told her to get bent and EABOD because that was so messed up. SO. Messed. UP. Of course, a few of them can crack jokes about Greg Girardo, and it's okay .. I was thinking about this on my way to work ... why is that? Well, number one it's because Greg was a roaster, and I think cracking jokes about him at a roast is a good way to honor him. Ryan Dunn was not a comedian, never did anthing about a roast, and that little snotty wench was not his friend.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    mmmm John Stamos!!
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Why all the hating on Kutcher. He is hilarious! I have laughed many a night watching him on that 70's show! He is a good actor too! Give the guy a chance! But, I do agree, he is no Charlie Sheen, that's for sure!:wink:

Weakest link on that 70'ws show also...

To each their own, everybody's got an opinion. Never said he was the best on 70's show, just said he made me laugh! I mean I am sure a lot of men don't like Ashton Kutcher, he is sexy, rich and has a beautiful wife! He has a lot to be jealous over:bigsmile: by the way just kidding!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    didn't watch it, don't intend to. In fact, I will no longer watch/support ANY program that insults my IQ, I am NOT an emotionally retarded moron and I refuse to be treated like one. Saw the clip with Kutcher walking around naked and I fail to see what's funny about that. Naked fat men/women are funny and Naked Jake would have been funny. Ashton Kutcher OR Demi Moore naked isn't comedy. sheesh
    It's a shame for their education and income that the writers don't know what's funny to anyone over 15

Okay had to comment because WTF why are naked 'imperfect' bodies somehow funnier than naked 'perfect' bodies?

Edit: Because hold on, wait a minute. They're insulting your intelligence because they're not making fat jokes? I'm pretty sure fat jokes are considered pretty juvenile.

Please note that your post is full of a million isms and you need a serious privilege check. Your post is full of size-ism, able-ism, class-ism (because apparently with a good enough education and income you should have a better sense of humor?), and ageism.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it sucked and will watch again to see where it goes. Different for sure. Charlie chose his path, sucks for the fans of the show.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    mmmm John Stamos!!
    Agreed!
    Darma and Greg was a funny twist.