Motivational Quotes...what's your faves?

Options

Replies

• DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    These are great. Here are a couple more in my signature line....
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    "Winners never quit and quitters never win."

"Second place is first loser"

has anyone ever told you look like Anneka Rice? When she was on tv a lot I mean, not now, no idea what she looks like now but probably a lot older!
  • jayne51998
    Options
    Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
    Arnold H. Glasgow

Never, never, never, never give up. Winston Churchill

Do it now. You become successful the moment you start moving towards a worthwhile goal.

Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. H. Johnson

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands--and then eat just one of the pieces.J. Viorst

The day you decide to do it is your lucky day. Japanese Proverb
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    "however dark the night, day is sure to come"

:o)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    ""Believe in yourself and know that you'll cross the finish line. No one can want it bad enough for you. You have to want it for yourself — and more than anything.."
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    the one in my siggy
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    ‎"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Ditto!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD...AND I CAN TAKE YOU OUT !!!! LOL that always got me motivated from my Mom to do what ever she had asked !!!!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success.
    We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do;
    and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
    Samuel Smiles

You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
    Sheila Graham
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "I will not tire, I will not falter, I will not fail." :smile:

Love that!
  • SweetStrawberry
    Options
    I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

If you can't make time for exercise you'll eventually have to make time for illness.

You can be sore tomorrow or you can be sorry tomorrow. You choose.

Every bite you eat is an act of nourishment or an act of suicide.

Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great.

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.

Do you want to be the kind of person who gets *kitten* done? Or do you want to be the kind of person who gets *kitten* on?

Just DO IT.

Sweat is fat crying.

I love the last one! " Sweat is fat crying!" LOL
  • KeeleySue
    Options
    Tag.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    To thine own self, be true.

May your past be A Midsummer's Night Dream, and your future As You Like It(This is an original quote me and my 9th grade GF made up and I have been using it for years)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~Helen Keller

Sweat is fat crying :laugh:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    If you aint the lead dog, the scenery never changes....
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day it's not about what you have or even what you've accomplished....It's about who you've lifted up, who you've made better. It's about what you have given back."
    (Denzel Washington)

I have this on the homepage of my website. It is my favorite.
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like
    "It is doesn't get easier, you just get better at it."

And I put this one on my FB today:
    "Most people never get there. They're afraid or unwilling to demand enough of themselves and take the easy road, the path of least resistance. But struggling and suffering, as I now saw it, were the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not constantly demanding more from yourself—expanding and learning as you go—you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip."
    Dean Karnazes

But my all time fav is
    "Focus all of your energy on being great: you don't need to chase anything. When you're great enough, everything that you could possibly want will chase you."
    Big Kenny
  • timeforme23
    Options
    I didnt read all the posts, but these are my favorites that ive found on MFP and saved throughout my time here . .

We all deserve happiness, sometimes its just takes a painful journey to help you find it, so that you can then truly cherish and appreciate it.

The Secret of Success is Discipline… which is built by consistently performing small acts of courage one step at a time.

Seek within for areas that need change and then do something about it. Talking about change only allows you to hear what needs to be done in a louder version whereas, doing something to make the change allows you to see what was to what is now. Get up and do something!

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

"If you even dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologize!" — Muhammad Ali

"The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces."

It's a brave new world and it only grows newer all the time. Be prepared each day to not have a ****ing clue what's going on.

There is never a guarantee in life only opportunities. When you spend all of your time worrying, stressing fears, you miss out on greater things.

"When your legs give out...Run with your Heart"

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine

Sometimes roads life is difficult because of our choices. Does not mean you do not deserve to be happy, just means we work harder so appreciate it when reached!

Either you run the day or the day runs you

Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. " --Arnold Bennett

"Bad habits are like a comfortable bed; they are easy to get into, but hard to get out of...."

Leave the past where it is, behind you, people and things change, live everyday as it was your last, never take anyone for granted, they could be gone tomorrow.

Refuse to worry. You won't gain anything by worrying... in fact, you lose precious moments that you can never get back. To worry only steals your peace and joy.

"Perseverance... Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~ "If quitting is an option, you never intended to succeed.""