Motivational Quotes...what's your faves?

Options

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
    Being defeated is temporary, giving up makes it permanent.

MY VERY FAVORITE IS
    The distance is nothing. It is only the first step that is difficult" - Marie de Vinchy-Chamrond
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever accomplished anything by talking about it, so I'm a big fan of the "Just Do It" line. It's simple, but powerful.

I also like "Pain is Temporary. Quitting lasts forever" .
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ‎"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not."
    - James Gordon

It may seem harsh to some people, but I tend to look at things more realistically. Willpower isn't enough without being ready for change. I can want to do a million things but if I'm not ready, it ain't happening.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die. -Steve Prefontaine
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

Anything is possible, It's your choice whether or not you choose to make IT happen."

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down...

My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump... I need to post these at my desk at work
  • megandenman
    Options
    "The way I see it, you have two choices: You can either throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat off your face."

"Run like you stole something."

"Columbus traveled the world in a sailboat. And I can't get to the gym?"

"There are going to be people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say 'Watch me.' "

"Whether it's a 14-minute mile or a 7-minute mile: It is still a mile."
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OH and theres a good one I saw another thread but I don't remember who said it or where it came from:

"Its actually pretty simple, either you do it, or you don't."
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg

Just start- Heather75
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    GET OFF YOUR *kitten*!!!

or "quit crying or I'll give you something to cry about!" (thanks for that one, Dad!)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
    Buddha

What we think, we become.
    Buddha
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose." Coach Taylor, FNL.

plus the ones in my sig.
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill.

I use this one to remind myself that I'm not always gonna be perfect but I'm always gonna keep goin' :wink:
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out. I know that has nothing to do with motivation, I just like it.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    "Nothing taste as good as skinny"
  • kayleeblue
    Options
    I may not be thin...BUT I am thinner!! By me!..a work in progress!
  • SaltiGi
    Options
    “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.”

absolutely LOVE this one!!!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    The quote on my profile page....

"Embracing the energy within yourselves will bring you to a new understanding and value of life. A vision that will inspire you to live and love on planet earth as you are becoming aware of yourself, as a Gamemaster."

And another quote that's damn sure true....

Someone once asked the Dalai Lama "What suprises him the most?" His response was: "Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present. The result being that he does not live in the present or the future. He lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived."
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to go out on a limb........that's where the fruit is ~ Jamba Juice.