New and so far...rudeness

Options
I sure hope this is not what dieting is all about.....thought this was for support? geez :angry:

Replies

• Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is very supporting. I have been here less than a month and I have come across the nicest people on this site. Sorry, if you had a bad experience but everyone is not that way. You should try again.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Don't let the few that jump on threads scare you away.

MFP is full of helpful,kind and supportive people.

Like any site there are always a group of wise a$$es that feel the need to pounce and find fault.

Good luck on your journey.

K
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having a rough time. . .If there is anything I can do to help. . Please let me know. . . I just found a really cool quote perhaps it will cheer you up.

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success.
    We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do;
    and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
    Samuel Smiles

This place really is a great place for support and information. . I have made a lot of friends here and learned a lot. .
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    People seem supportive..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347840-working-12-hours-a-day-and-no-energy-to-exercise

In your post you even thank people for their ideas. What happened that made you think people were rude? The best part is the friend part of the site, it is filled with much more support then the forums.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    youre best bet is just friending like minded people and staying off the forums for the most part.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I hope you find the support you are looking for. I have been on here for almost a year and have never had a run-in with any rudeness, but I have read a lot about it on the forums, and it does seem to be a problem for some people. Be selective!
    Good luck!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Just like any other forum, there are going to be a few buttheads who try to ruin it for the rest of us. Don't let them! This is a really friendly and supportive place.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sorry some mean people got to you :( I have had far more success this time around making friends then I ever made trying to go it alone.

Welcome to the site, I hope you stay and find some nice friends :)
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Sorry some mean people got to you :( I have had far more success this time around making friends then I ever made trying to go it alone.

Welcome to the site, I hope you stay and find some nice friends :)
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to stay away from the community sites for a while. There has been some really bad behavior the past couple of days. Find some people that inspire you (you will need community site for this, but stay away from chit, chat), and friend them. That is the best source of support.

Welcome and good luck - this is an awesome site...
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I am thinking this is about the HCG diet post. Most people here are very nice but you won't get a lot of support when it comes to asking about quick fix and fad diets. Mostly because people here work hard to get to their goals in a healthy way. We hope you do too. Good Luck
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    People seem supportive..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347840-working-12-hours-a-day-and-no-energy-to-exercise

In your post you even thank people for their ideas. What happened that made you think people were rude? The best part is the friend part of the site, it is filled with much more support then the forums.

Probably the HCG forum Brooklyn posted. Some people got a bit snappy on there when Brooklyn asked about it.
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i have found most people to be helpful and supportive, just avoid the haters and those that think if you even have a whiff of a macdonalds you need to be shot.

OVER THE TOP!

Everything in moderation, move more and come back for more from those that will support you!!! x
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have encountered rudeness. It seems to happen on every site though. Don't be discourged. Find your support group as your main contacts and when using community boards remember not everyone is going to be as one would expect at all times. Best of luck on your journey!!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    People seem supportive..

probably the responses in this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347851-hcg-for-weight-loss
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that. Sometimes people get that way. I love MFP and the friends I have made here. They let me rant but never let me pity myself. Friend some like minded peoples and life will be good.
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think the same way. I normally don't ever get on the boards because there are quite a few people who, in my opinion, have been pretty rude to some people just asking basic questions. Not everyone has been this way but enough that I just use the site to log my food and exercise. I have found the boards on sparkpeople are much nicer and don't seem to bite your head off for asking questions. I'm not saying everyone is this way so please dont take any offense and I do realize we all have an "off day" too.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    I've seen some people around who I've thought were rude, but I've also met a ton of really nice, sweet and supportive people, and they are by far the majority. just like in any community, there are gonna be some not-so-nice people, but keep looking and you'll find some amazing people :D
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sorry you've had a bad experience, i promise we arent all like that! xxx
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There is a tremendous amount of good hearted people on this site for support and motivation! However....the forums can be brutally honest and I've seen some rude posts from time to time. I just let it roll off my back. And if it gets to me too much I stay out of the forums for awhile. Best wishes on your fitness journey!!