US peeps - Which state is ME?

Options
shoppie
shoppie Posts: 618 Member
And if you're American do you honestly not just read that as 'me'??

Random question I know buts someone's profile said 'ME' in big letters and I initially thought ok, they love themselves...then realised it was a state :laugh:

Replies

• skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    maine
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    maine
  • shoppie
    Options
    Ah right. That one's right up north near Canada on the east right?
  • shoppie
    Options
    so do you read it as 'me' or do you immediately see 'Maine' as soon as you see the letters cos you know what it stands for so well?
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    http://maps.google.com/ it can show you the world
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    Maine. :-)

It's where I live.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not post threads to make others bash face into desk. :angry:
  • maab_connor
    Options
    as far as i know, the only state which refers to itself as its postal abbreviation is Pennsylvania - totally acceptable to call it PA, pronounced Pee Ay.

but for the rest, you just say the name.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+state+is+ME

any other questions?
  • shoppie
    Options
    Groovy, thanks. I'll ask you any remaining Maine questions I might have then rainbow brite! (Like it looks cold - is it cold??)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Google must be down
  • shoppie
    Options
    as far as i know, the only state which refers to itself as its postal abbreviation is Pennsylvania - totally acceptable to call it PA, pronounced Pee Ay.

Ah right. That's interesting, I thought they all called themselves by the letters but that might be because I've seen things like I :heart: NY but I guess that maybe means the city of New York as opposed to the state..
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

*throws head back and hollers* PA! That's my state! It's too long to get your mouth around so we abbreviated it.
  • maab_connor
    Options
    Groovy, thanks. I'll ask you any remaining Maine questions I might have then rainbow brite! (Like it looks cold - is it cold??)

cold is a relative term.

i've been there a few times and i didn't think it was cold. but they get a good deal of snow and their winters last about a month longer all told.

i would compare it to Scotland for temps, if that helps any.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Maine...and AR is Arkansas....but at lot of times people will use AZ (Arizona)..or AK (Alaska) a lot too.. don't understand the AZ one when there isn't a "Z" in Arkansas..but oh well....
  • maab_connor
    Options

*throws head back and hollers* PA! That's my state! It's too long to get your mouth around so we abbreviated it.

must... not... make joke... must... not ... get... banned.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Be nice, guys. She is interested in learning about your country. I think that is lovely.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Not all things long in the mouth should be abbreviated;)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hey how many lbs in a stone?
    Ounces in a cup?
  • maab_connor
    Options
    Hey how many lbs in a stone?
    Ounces in a cup?

8 oz in a cup

i believe a stone is 8.5 lbs? i always have to google that when i write in Potterverse!