Anyone else check the calories on mfp before eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• madrsmith
    Options
    Yes!! I do this all the time. Also, like DonM46 said below, I usually look up what I should order and enter it before I go to a restaurant. I always pre-enter my breakfast, lunch, and maybe snacks the night before as well. It makes it a lot easier so I don't have to do it at school.
  • hikingchick
    Options
    hahaha all the time!!! thats soo funny that we do that :laugh:

i just did it last night before dinner so i would know how much to serve myself vs how far i'd have to walk :tongue:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I've never done additional exercise compensate for eating too much. I do a workout in the morning and thats my exercise for the day :love: But is a good idea if you can be bothered to exercise after work/evenings :happy:

But most of the time I know what my main meals will be so I log them and play around with the cals if I snack too much, or want to snack more!

It definitely helps to plan meals in advance :bigsmile:
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Definately! It's the only way I get through! On days when I go over my calorie goal, you know I didn't pre-plan!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I always log my food the day before, and exercise. So I know if I can have something extra in the day etc.
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I did not know that!! That is awesome!!!
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ill check items to see what they are going to come in at so I can budget around the day for what I want to eat, before i actually eat them.

Homemade stuff is easy to work out on here as well btw, just create a recipe for it, put in the ingredients and then the servings and the site does the rest for you :)

Thank you....I did not know that!! That's awesome :happy: