Question...do I keep going?

Options
13»

Replies

• dshaf4
    Options
    While what you have accomplished is amazing, I think the best thing to do is to do what feels right to you. There are many times when someone may not want you to finish your goal, for some its jealousy, for others it just that they may feel a little threatened. I know that sounds wierd to some but its true.

You look amazing and keep your head up. I'm sure its been a long journey but dont get down. Keep up the great work.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Those so called support people; My friend calls those people physic vampires! I know that sounds crazy but these people like to take any happiness from you no matter what. They say you are fat and now you are getting too skinny? You could have hundreds of people tell you, "Right on girl or Keep up the fantastic job!" Then that physic vampire will come a pic at the one thing that they know will bother you and just that will tear you down if you're not strong. They like to drain you of confidence by any means. Stop when you are done no because other people aren't happy with it! Congrats on the weight loss:drinker:
  • almostgoth
    almostgoth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'7 with a broad build, and more than average musculature. I'm currently 169 lbs. I'm aiming for 160, and less if I decide to try and get a silly low bodyfat. 170 is certainly not an unhealthy goal for you.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Your weight now versus after the body lift will be significantly different I would think. You should lose a lot of pounds getting rid of the excess skin and such.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I guess that is the downside of having lots of people who care about you. They are probably uncomfortable with the new you. I, on the other hand do not have lots of friends and family to cheer me on, so it is all about me :-)

Do what you want, and realise that people sometimes react in a caring way that is not helpful, but you don't have to internalise that when you have your own firm goals.

Congratulations on the awesome job!

GG
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    LOL...YES! Miami! Lots of overweight people here. : )

Thank you so much for the support. I think I need to keep going too... just struggling today (SOOOO HUNGRY) and looking for positive reinforcement.

Good luck to you!

First off, congrats on a job well-done! You look fantastic! Secondly, I'm from Miami too, and you're right. For whatever reason, they do tend to like their women a little curvier around here. ;) I'm still "overweight" for my height, but lately, people tell me all the time that I need to stop losing already.

Never mind them. Keep going until YOU'RE happy! Good luck!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    First I just wanna say WOO HOO!!!! Congrats this is sooo amazing!! Now I would agree with most on here when I say that you should do whatever makes you happy. Im 5'7 and when I tell people I want to lose 40 lbs they say im crazy that ill be to skinny and that i will look sick however they dont know I weigh 174 pounds because I carry my weight very well so I tell them thank you and let that be that than find someone who understands that Im not happy with my body and who will support me untill I am. If your happy with how oyu are now and you feel like your healthy than great if not that keep going (your so close anywayz). I think you look great and very healthy so it all matters on how you FEEL. Good luck :-)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I say continue losing weight until you at a healthy weight where you are comfortable. I'm not nearly as harsh as a lot of people are concerning friends/family/co-workers who think you should stop losing weight. Sure, there are some jealous people out there but I think most of the people who know and care about you just get used to you looking a certain way and it takes a little time for them to adjust. I've had that in my own life. I've lost 72 lbs since last August (53 of it since May when I really got serious) and people keep telling me I'm "skinny" and "not to lose anymore weight" and compared to what I used to weigh I am skinny. I am not, however, at a healthy weight which is what I'm aiming for. Good luck with your continuing journey.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I started a little less than you and can't wait til I lost 119! You look WAYYY smaller than 213!!!!

Don't let the scale pressure you- go with how you feel and if you want to lose more, do it!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    YOU are amazing! Keep going girl!!
  • jpd10905
    Options
    Those so called support people; My friend calls those people physic vampires! I know that sounds crazy but these people like to take any happiness from you no matter what. They say you are fat and now you are getting too skinny? You could have hundreds of people tell you, "Right on girl or Keep up the fantastic job!" Then that physic vampire will come a pic at the one thing that they know will bother you and just that will tear you down if you're not strong. They like to drain you of confidence by any means. Stop when you are done no because other people aren't happy with it! Congrats on the weight loss:drinker:

Love it -- psychic vampires!!!! : )
  • jpd10905
    Options
    You look amazing! I started a little less than you and can't wait til I lost 119! You look WAYYY smaller than 213!!!!

Don't let the scale pressure you- go with how you feel and if you want to lose more, do it!

You will totally get there! Keep it up. If someone would have told me last year that I would be here this year, I would have thought that they were lying! You can do it!
  • jpd10905
    Options
    Thanks everyone. This was amazing and helped me a lot! I would love to return the favor, so friend me! We can support each other! : )
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment.

I have lost 110 pounds and have reached my initial goal, which is above my stated BMI. My doctor has approved this goal weight and given me a note for WW as an acceptable goal for me (YAY, four more weeks til I'm Lifetime and meetings are free). I'm about 13 pounds from the top of my BMI, and I am still tracking and looking to lose more weight, but at this time I'm more focused on not gaining than losing as I am pretty content. I'm not sure how much further I'm going to go, for now the weight is still coming off pretty easily if I follow my plan, so for now I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and see how it goes.

Keep up the great work, we are a work in progress and will figure it out as we go!
  • Tdance5678
    Tdance5678 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question as everyone else . . . are you sure you weigh 213? You look far less than that. You look great - and I say the same - if you want to lose more - do it . . . but you do look great at your current weight!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Holy moly. I'm in the exact same position. I've lost about 140 pounds and still have more than 30 to get my goal weight -- which is a perfectly healthy weight for someone my height and age too. Yet, my family and doctors and even my psychiatrist say that I should give up on that goal, because it's not realistic. :huh: And, yes, I have faced quite a lot of sabotage. My mommy is always bringing home all kinds of goodies that I can hardly restrain myself from. :grumble:
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a sister that would sabotage a a rescue if she could. Don't listen to those
    who think you are now too thin. What is perfect for you (170) is none of their buisness.
    As long as you are healthy and your doctor agrees, poo, poo on your supposed
    support people. Keep going you are doing a GREAT!!! job. Congraulations on
    your weight loss.:flowerforyou: