Rewards for weight loss?!?

Options
On the topic of success does anyone reward themselves with weight loss? Say...example I lose 10 pounds and I'll buy myselfane shirt or something??

Replies

• fastkat
    Options
    after 20 pounds i bought myself some new tennis shoes
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with a haircut, the first two times I lost a lot of weight, but I started rewarding myself with a new outfit or two instead after that.:smile:
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For every ten pounds I lose, I buy a completely new outfit (or two, depending on how badly I need better-fitting clothing).
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I plan on small rewards after each loss of 10 lbs, my final goal after all of the weight is off is a new wardrobe, I told my husband to start saving now! I want a $5,000 pre-paid debit card like on "What Not to Wear". :bigsmile:
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    when I lost 10, then 20, then 40...

at 40 I had my hair highlighted and did up really nice for a wedding we were going to, I have never done anything like that! it was very nice!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I bought myself some pairs of jeans & sexier outfits plus had a whole body massage.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    It's a great system. I usually reward myself with a $20 and a trip to Goodwill (so I'm frugal...you never know what you'll find there) every 5 pounds, then go out to lunch for something good (and diet-friendly). Nothing bad. If I hit a plateau for a while, then break past it with a pound loss or so, I'll reward myself.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    For every ten pounds lost, I reward myself with one new clothing item, new makeup, my favorite lotion and perfume from Victoria's Secret, a haircut, etc... I just reached the -30lbs mark and I bought myself a new pair of really cute shoes. At -50lbs, I plan to buy a whole outfit and have some good photos taken to compare to my before pics (I'll do the same at every -50lb increment). When I reach my final goal of 140lbs, I plan to celebrate by taking a trip to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. I love amusement parks and roller coasters, but I haven't been able to ride amusement rides in years because of my weight.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    The number on the scale is good enough for me. I don't want to create a dependence on material goods for incentives and motivation. Besides, the greatest reward is good health. I don't need material goods to satisfy me.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I bought new tennis shoes for the first 20 lbs. I'm trying to get away from food rewards since that's how I got here!
  • CryTerrell
    Options
    Yes I do!!! I lost 6 pounds this month and rewarded myself with ice cream. Ha ha low calories ones of course. But buying yourself clothes and etc. is a good idea~!!!
  • LizzyMariee
    Options
    Course! :)
    When I lost the first 8 pounds I rewarded myself with new workout gear.
    18lbs- New shoes
    28- New compression shorts & item from VS
    33- Yoga book/DVD & hoodie I want
    38- all new clothes. :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Every 15 lbs I have rewards in place some of my ideas have included new gym shoes, new fitness DVDs, exercise clothes some non fitness related are a date night with my husband, new outfit, bath and body works (something I dont get on a regular basis) new purse then for my goal reward it will be LOTS of new clothes and shoes as well as a weekend getaway with my husband and my hair done, I think rewards keep it motivating especially if you have a long way it keeps you going plus if you lost any amount of weight you deserve something for all the hard work
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I plan to reward myself with a new wardrobe, but health is always the best gift you can give yourself, and ones that love you.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm not rewarding myself......The weight loss is a reward in itself......

I'm waiting till I get to my ultimate goal and go shopping......
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! New shoes was my 10lb reward... Hair coloring is my 20 lb reward! Other rewards I am looking forward to are a heart rate monitor, purse, massage, a few great bras, mani/pedi, and the like! The ultimate reward is a makeover with a new wardrobe! I am so excited to get my happies! :)
    Food use to be my reward (or punishment... Whichever fit the moment) so finding rewards outside of the eating realm keeps me going!
    Best wishes!!!
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! every 5 pounds I lost i got myself a massage!!! Now that I'm at my goal I listen to my body and reward myself with them as needed. Definitely reward yourself when you meet small goals like 5 or 10 :-)
  • narenn
    Options
    I reward myself every friday with whatever I want to eat. A reward for not cheating all week. Longterm rewards are in itself, looking and feeling stronger and healthier... and seeing old family and friends and getting to see how excited they are for me.

But yeah, working towards every friday is big enough for me :)
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    At seventy pounds I bought a canoe.....great reward.
    i use it about every weekend.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My workout stuff was all big baggy t-shirts, so my first ten pounds, I got myself some new fitted workout clothes -- extra motivation to go to the gym (plus if I re-gain weight, it's gonna show!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!