Rewards for weight loss?!?

Options

Replies

• zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am planning to reward myself with nice walking/running shoes so I can that I can reward myself with greater weight loss later :-)
  • mrsmicky
    Options
    I don't rewards myself per se - the high I get coming off the scale with a good result is a reward in itself! I did myself new clothes last week, but that was more because people were commenting on the ridiculousness of my pants, and I do have a "treat" a week - a small ice cream cone, a couple of timbits or something similar.

I find my biggest reward to be the compliments. Before they would've freaked me out, and I would have downplayed any successes but now I love it and celebrate every ounce lost!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    When I lose 10 pounds, I'm getting a cute haircut from the Paul Mitchell school in my area... I think it will look better when my face is less round, lol :)

But my favorite reward is seeing the numbers drop on the scale... Love it!!

It will also be great to fit into my old jeans again... That will be an awesome reward that I am super excited about :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm adding charms to a bracelet for each 10kg that I've lost (although I haven't bought the second one yet).
    And I've had to buy new clothes because my old ones don't fit, although that is more about needing to be dressed than a specific weight loss target.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm adding charms to a bracelet for each 10kg that I've lost (although I haven't bought the second one yet).
    And I've had to buy new clothes because my old ones don't fit, although that is more about needing to be dressed than a specific weight loss target.

I love the charm bracelet idea!!!!!
  • 2blueeyedbabies
    Options
    I've been rewarding myself with new clothes - but only because I have nothing that fits! LOL! It's been enough to help me keep going...
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I don't really reward myself, this sounds corney but the fact that I am losing weight and feeling more energetic is good enough for me. Of course I'll have to buy some outfits when the ones I have don't fit anymore.

I do have an award when I get under 200lbs and that is a trip to Colorado to hike up Pikes Peak and when I reach my goal weight my husband said that I can get the Nikon Camera I want.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Yes! but I need the time to get my rewards - I am leaning towards new clothing but I hate shopping and trying things on (I need a virtual me to do the shopping and just bring me good fitting sexy clothing).
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    nope, none for me.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options

I love the charm bracelet idea!!!!!

I love it too!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I got a mani pedi at 10
    outfit at 20
    hair change at 30
    beach at 40
    belly button pierced at 50
    when i hit goal another 10-13 lbs
    im getting a new tat
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself yet, maybe when I lose a few more pounds. I've lost 18 pounds so far, so when I reach my goal, I am definitely buying new clothes! I will probably have to buy some jeans because they are too loose and it just doesn't look right :embarassed:
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have bought myself a new gold watch which I will start to wear when I get under 100kg. This has always been a target number for me that I have always just fallen short of reaching it. This time I am closer than ever before so my watch is a real incentive. And 99kg will mark a 50kg loss, so definitely worthy of a reward.
  • glitterpiss
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing for the mini-goals yet, but I'm for sure doing a suspension* when I lose 60 or 70lbs, which is my main goal.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(body_modification) I tried to make this into a link but failed.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I do.

50lbs-highlights
    75lbs-new iphone (havent gotten it yet though as i am waiting for the iphone5 next month although i met this goal a few mnths back)
    100lbs-new tattoo (hope to hit this by Thanksgiving)

and we will see what comes later....
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get paid bi-weekly. Each two weeks that I stay on track for exercise and eating I put some cash away in a piggy bank without a hole in the bottom. When I get to my goal then I will have enough money to buy a new wardrobe, and I will get to smash the pig. Since money is pretty tight right now I find that putting the actual cash away is kind of a fun reward. In the mean time I bought a smaller swimsuit when mine finally died.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have a little something going. When I drop 30lbs I will go semi-shopping for a few new outfits. When I get to 130, the hubbs is taking me for a week to the Atlantis Resort in Jamicia and I will be cutting my hair short. I have always wanted short hair but couldn't pull it off with my chubby face...just doesn't look right on me yet.
  • TanyaDL
    Options
    I agree with you for sure....although it is great to buy something new once you've accomplished something, I believe its just enough for me to pat myself on the back and just feel great about my improved health thus far.

However, I feel its great to set up "mini-goal" rewards for personal accomplishment. Once you have reached that goal or even a future goal, you can always look back on that item to remind you to keep going and moving forward as there are always future rewards beyond we can envision.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • TanyaDL
    Options
    The number on the scale is good enough for me. I don't want to create a dependence on material goods for incentives and motivation. Besides, the greatest reward is good health. I don't need material goods to satisfy me.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    New clothes, new hairstyle and when I reach ONEderland, new glasses!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!