Shakeology??

Options
2»

Replies

• VemmaMom
    VemmaMom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hmmm there is never a "quick" fix but it s protein and that can help but the truth is there is alot of other source to get a good protein fix without buying special stuff....like egg whites turkey or nuts. Id say use your judgement but quite frankly everyone will have their own opinion as you can see LOL
    good luck!!!!! Let us know what you end up doing
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Like anything it's going to take more then just drinking Shakeology to make you lose weight. But IMO it taste great, its a quick and easy meal replacement and at only $4 a glass. I don't find it that expensive. Hell if you go to Mcdonalds or any other fast food joint, you will spend at least 5 bucks!

not really an apples to apples comparison to whole foods (even fast foods) the more apt comparison is to a protein powder since it's a glorified protein powder, and it is ridiculously expensive for the profile it provides compared to other protein powders, you could even add in a multi and greens formula and come out to less then $4 a serving and have a better profile

A protein powder is a just that. Protein. As where Shakeology is a meal replacement. I don't see how they compare at all outside being a powder mix.

And regardless. It feels me up and taste great! So to me it's $4 well spent. (Well actually $3 per drink in my case)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Like anything it's going to take more then just drinking Shakeology to make you lose weight. But IMO it taste great, its a quick and easy meal replacement and at only $4 a glass. I don't find it that expensive. Hell if you go to Mcdonalds or any other fast food joint, you will spend at least 5 bucks!

not really an apples to apples comparison to whole foods (even fast foods) the more apt comparison is to a protein powder since it's a glorified protein powder, and it is ridiculously expensive for the profile it provides compared to other protein powders, you could even add in a multi and greens formula and come out to less then $4 a serving and have a better profile

A protein powder is a just that. Protein. As where Shakeology is a meal replacement. I don't see how they compare at all outside being a powder mix.

And regardless. It feels me up and taste great! So to me it's $4 well spent. (Well actually $3 per drink in my case)

a protein powder can be used as a MRP in fact some blends or casein based powders would most likely provide better satiety then shakeology. Yes shakeology has a bunch of cheap forms of vitamins and token anti oxidents thrown in, but they are all underdosed or in inferior forms, don't you think for the price per serving they would use higher quality ingredients or at least put the add ins in quantities that have been proven to show some additional benefit?
  • ajm07
    ajm07 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    $4 for a feel-up does sound like good value.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your input-i appreciate all your help. i have made a decision not to try it. i'll stick to my known healthy food and exercises and lose the weight at a healthy rate no matter how long it takes. better to be safe than sorry. thanks again everyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

and hella is a dumb *kitten* word. dont ever use it.
    It's hella expensive for what you get and lines the pockets of several middle people on an MLM. Hella is a Cali slang word and denotes Californians. I'm proud to use the dumb *kitten* word.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I know a girl that just began pushing it on Facebook... it's a 30 days supply... 1 shake per day at $120/month... whaaaaat???

I can get 4 lbs of bananas for $1.20 and a 30 days supply of Optimum Nutrition protein powder for a grand total of $31.20/month.
    Yep ON is one of the best protein supplements on the market and is very reasonable for cost.
  • ladycomix
    Options

This sounds like a more expensive slim fast...am I missing something re: macronutients?

Edited to add: if it costs $4 a glass, it better have ice cream or alcohol in it. Otherwise it's hella expensive!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Very expensive gimmick. Eat some carbs, have a protein shake, and take your vitamins.
    Have I told you that you have a nice "Christmas tree"? Excellent work.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Nitrocore 24 by Optimum Nutrition costs about $25 for 3lbs. That would equate to about .85 per serving. And it can be used as a meal replacement with 10 different protein sources in it along with fiber, carbs and good fat.

You will find 10 strategically-chosen types of protein in every serving of Nitro Core 24. 24 grams of premium blended protein per scoop from ultra-fast acting, partially hydrolyzed whey proteins to much more slowly-digested micellar casein proteins, Nitro Core 24 is a full-spectrum, sustained-release protein blend designed to be used any time of the day or night. Plus, Nitro Core 24 provides 5 grams of hunger-satisfying dietary fiber to help keep you full longer as well as omega, monounsaturated, and MCT fats for energy and a taste that’s creamy and incredibly delicious. And, as you'd expect from Optimum Nutrition Nitro Core 24 is instantized to mix easily so you can enjoy it just about everywhere. Nitro Core 24 is enzyme fortified for easier digestion and absorption.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 Scoop (48g)
    Servings Per Container 28

Amount Per Serving

Calories 200
    Calories From Fat 45

Total Fat - 5g
    Saturated Fat - 1.5g
    Trans Fat - 0g
    Cholesterol - 45mg
    Sodium - 180mg
    Total Carbohydrate - 14g
    Dietary Fiber - 5g
    Sugars - 2g
    Protein - 24g

Other Ingredients:

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolates, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate, Glutamine Peptides, Whey Peptides), Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Fiber Blend (Polydextrose, Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum, Inulin), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Salt, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucralose, Aminogen®, Carbogen®, Lactase.

Allergen Information: Contains Milk, Egg, Wheat, And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.