How much weight have you lost and how long did it take you?

Options
I know that weight loss is different for everyone, but I'm trying to get a good estimate of how long it will take me to achieve my weight loss goal.

How much have you lost? How long did it take you?

How did you keep the weight off?

Replies

• sistermooooon
    Options
    Hello! I started July 12th and I've lost 37lbs. I was 266 and now 229. My goal is 140-ish.
  • kagome5555
    kagome5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started July 12th and I've lost 37lbs. I was 266 and now 229. My goal is 140-ish.
    That seems incredibly fast :) I'm impressed!

How did you do it?
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs in 11 weeks (3.5 months) I think it's taken me quite a while because I am at a healthy weight range so my body is fighting with me. You know how everyone says the last 10 pounds is the hardest? I pretty much started there.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs in 11 weeks (3.5 months) I think it's taken me quite a while because I am at a healthy weight range so my body is fighting with me. You know how everyone says the last 10 pounds is the hardest? I pretty much started there.
  • leezanicole
    Options
    I started watching what I ate and exercising 5-6 times a week on August 1st. Since then I have lost 18 pounds, still have 42 to go. But I think I'm off to a good start.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    45 lbs. in 10 months. I've maintained for 2 months.
  • shonasteele
    Options
    30 pounds since April :happy:

average healthy loss is 1-2 pounds/week

good luck!
  • bc59or
    bc59or Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been watching calories and walking two miles daily for about five weeks. I'm down 16 lbs.

I'm sticking pretty close to MFP's calorie count recommendation.

I also fast on Mondays - nothing but fluids after Sunday night until Tuesday morning. It's working for me.
  • bc59or
    bc59or Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been watching calories and walking two miles daily for about five weeks. I'm down 16 lbs.

I'm sticking pretty close to MFP's calorie count recommendation.

I also fast on Mondays - nothing but fluids after Sunday night until Tuesday morning. It's working for me.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I started in March and have lost 32 pounds. I'm a little older though and find my weight loss much slower than others. I have a very s-l-o-w metabolism. I started at 197 pounds, am down to 165. I kept it off by doing aerobics and staying within goal for the most part. I have some trouble on the weekends though, it gets hard sometimes but I jump back on the wagon. My goal is 147.
  • kagome5555
    Options
    Well, I won't be there for a while I think, but I wish you luck!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am at 49.5 and it will be two years this October since I started really caring and working at the weight loss instead of moaning about being heavy. :) Good luck to you on your journey.
  • kagome5555
    Options
    I started watching what I ate and exercising 5-6 times a week on August 1st. Since then I have lost 18 pounds, still have 42 to go. But I think I'm off to a good start.
    Very good start I would say! How long do you exercise for? I find that if I exercise more than 4 times a week, I feel too sore and can't do a good workout cause my body won't keep up!
  • JConstine
    Options
    I've lost 6.5 pounds in about a month. Seems so small compared to everyone else, but I am happy.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    3 Months / 32 pounds. Try to stay on calorie goal which is actually set at 1-1/2 pounds a week, and the exercise I get is mostly walking. I started at 252 and I'm down to 220.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Well, I started 73 days ago on a 75 day challenge. It ends this Thursday and in 68 days I lost 25 lbs. I started initially in March going to the gym 2-3 times a week but it wasn't until June when I started going faithfully 5 days a week that the weight started to fall off.

I mix up cardio, only using weights, circuit training and the arc trainer. I was going to the gym for 1 hour, increased it to 2 and now go for about 1-1.5 hours depending on what I do. I allow myself 1200 calories a day, burn between 880-1400 calories and try to eat back all of my exercise calories.

To date I have lost 39 lbs and I'm hoping to hit 40 before my birthday this Saturday :)
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Hello again! Yeah, I'm super stoked that it has gone as speedy as it has!!! I never anticipated that!! I started walking every day. In the beginning I could barely get a mile in. Now I can do 4 miles and walk for over an hour with no trouble. I also was doing about 20 minutes of cardio (from OnDemand/Cable) about 3 times a week and sometimes some weights and ab workouts. And drinking LOTS of water and using MFP and staying under calories. I went to the doctor one month into my journey for a check up. At that point I had lost 27lbs in just 30 days. The doctor shook my hand and congratulated me on a job well done. So I say PHOOEY to anyone that balks at how fast it's going and says it's "not healthy". According to my doc, it's very healthy. Better than going another month with my extreme high blood pressure and health problems. :) I wish you lots of determination, guts, sweat, tears, and drive in your endeavors towards a new you!
  • kerrydunning
    Options
    i started 2nd August at 226lb and have lost 12lb so far

now at 214lb if i lose 2lb a week till i get to 168lb

It should take me till 28th February

all in all 30 weeks

but its not a race so im not setting myself a time limit

as i have done in the past and failed due to pressure

maintaining will be the biggest challenge :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I've lost 32 lbs since January (from 158.8 to 126). I workout 6 days a week (3 days of weights, 3-4 days of cardio) and stay at my calorie goal. I ALWAYS eat back my exercise calories. (P90X, Insanity, TurboFire, and running)

Best of luck to you!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My new life started in Feb 15th of this year. I've lost about 180lbs. (haven't weighed since Sept 1st) I am still a long way away but I'm getting there.