New Facebook Home layout..

Options

Replies

• elfie9863
    Options
    FYI - TO GET OLD SETTINGS BACK (I don't know how long this will last!)

Switching your language down at the bottom of the page from English (US) to English (UK) will give you the old style newsfeed back.

Poop. I just tried it and didn't work. Maybe have to log out then come back. Oh well...time better spend doin other things anyway...hahahaha!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i hate it too today i created my google+ account

Theres a reason we all left myspace kus it kept changing same thing is gonna happen again
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Not happy Jan......

Why do they keep changing it?....There is saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it".....
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I tried the english UK thing and it worked! At least for now!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Have you also realised that you can't unfriend anyone......You can only block them...............
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tried Google+ but found that didn't do anything for me. Facebook are trying to keep up with everyone but they keep making it worse. I deleted my G+ account today but I'll keep FB as it really helps me stay in better contact with my extended family.
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Google+ people, it's the only way...
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was in the test group awhile back & HATED it. Complained every day, finally it was removed. Well... guess what? It's baaaaaaaaack. The thing that pizzes me off is the feed of what all your friends are commenting on. Is it just me or is it none of their business!!! It's invasion of privacy! If I wanted Twitter, I'd use Twitter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This gets me too! I really don't care to see who everyone else is posting to. If I did I'd friend them too!

Still learning how to use Google +, but it's looking pretty good!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    change is inevitable, i don't mind it tbh

This^^

Facebook has changed a lot over the years. People complain at first, then they get used to it.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This is new too, I think. Today I got an email saying 'x' friends want to be added as 'my relative' Huh?? I don't know them. And for a blonde moment, I almost fell for it. So was it Facebook doing it? Or some app.from facebook? Drives me crazy!
  • Carol_
    Options
    You can only block them? I have not noticed that. That's not good.
  • Carol_
    Options
    Love the disclaimer. Funny!!
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You can still unfriend people! I cleaned house on my friend list very recently.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=172936839431357
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im in the hate it camp too. Not so much the double news feed. I can ignore that. But in the way it orders the posts. Its that way on my cell too. Some are from 2min ago and some from 6hrs ago. I want to stalk my friends in REAL time like I always have. :laugh:
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    EPIC FAIL...that is all~
  • Renee0608
    Options
    Facebook: People Watching version 4.0! Who needs physical stalking when you can do it via the world wide web?!?
  • Renee0608
    Options
    Have you also realised that you can't unfriend anyone......You can only block them...............

Yes you can you have to go to their page and up in the right corner is a spot to unfriend:)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    just saw it. thought my browser messed up, refreshed the screen then got sad when it was the same.

Me to!!! it's ridiculous. They just change things to keep the monkeys in a job
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This is why I only use my phone for FB...I logged on with my laptop the other day & wanted to punch myself in the face it was so frustrating...
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    It is maddening! I do like the way the photos posted show up bigger, but I hate that silly newsfeed on the top right.... too much information!