Doctor vent

Options
2»

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few terrible doctors in my life.

When I was a teenager I went to see my pediatrician for back pain. He took some x-rays and told me I might have ankylosing spondylitis. He never followed up with that claim. You don't tell a young girl that her vertebrae are fusing together and not do anything about it! Glad to say, my spine is still in perfect working condition.

My fiancee's most recent doctor never remembered his name. He would always write it incorrectly on notes, call him the wrong name, etc. It irritated me to no end. His name is BRANDON, not BRIAN. The chart is right in front of the doctor's face...seriously look at it.

Finally, my mother's doctor was a nutcase. She was obese for the majority of her adult life, but she had gotten to her highest weight in years. The doctor said she had gained 20 pounds in two weeks, and he told her to quit snacking. That's it! I felt like a gain that huge would signal some kind of other problem, and it did. She went into the hospital two months later and died a month after that of a heart attack. The doctor went against all our advice to cover his own *kitten* and listed "Depression" and "Sleep Apnea" as contributing factors of death. Needless to say, I hate that man.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I work in medical billing. It's called a "review of systems." He should be bringing up everything in general, and then if you have a specific complaint he addresses those in more detail. Totally normal :)

I second this.!....

I work with Doctors in an Urgent Care. It is completely normal for them to mildly touch on every aspect of your health.although it is annoying and maybe offensive, it is a part of their list of things to ask. In order to charge your insurance and generate a bill they literally have to check out different areas of your health. (i.e....8 out of 11 of your body functions). Also since their license is on the line it is with in reason that they did not "miss anything." ; )
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I work in medical billing. It's called a "review of systems." He should be bringing up everything in general, and then if you have a specific complaint he addresses those in more detail. Totally normal :)

I second this.!....

I work with Doctors in an Urgent Care. It is completely normal for them to mildly touch on every aspect of your health.although it is annoying and maybe offensive, it is a part of their list of things to ask. In order to charge your insurance and generate a bill they literally have to check out different areas of your health. (i.e....8 out of 11 of your body functions). Also since their license is on the line it is with in reason that they did not "miss anything." ; )

It wasn't mildly touching, it was an exam about my female health when I went there for a car accident and back pain. And I just had completed the normal exam one month prior... I understand the osteo questions, but JC I was just rear ended at and stand still, by an SUV doing at least 40 mph. And no, I am not complaining about the fact that he didn't offer to prescribe pain medication, because I don't want it. I needed an exam to make sure I was not hurt.