LMAO

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I agree with Yukonjoy. However:

I have a similar issue. I've been dating a guy for a month, this past weekend we discussed where things could go with us and he saw he saw a huge red flag and that was things we have in common. The only thing we DONT have in common is liking horror movies and our eating/exercise habits. I'm hoping my weightloss isn't a deal breaker or that he is insecure about me being like this. He is a big guy and he knows I don't care about his size but I can't help but wonder....

I married a fitness buff, she is 5'9 124 pounds and pretty toned. I got up to 380 pounds, yeah we looked odd in public. It took me awhile to come around. I'm getting there. If you aren't ready you aren't ready kinda thing. She hounded on me for 7 years to lose weight as I kept gaining, and one day I woke up looked in the mirror and said you know I want to lose weight. And compared to the other diets, tries, attempts and more, this is the first time I'm doing this for me. It's been amazing. He'll come around when he is ready. You can't rush things like that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    So, did you get anything at Taco Bell or not?
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Your bar for humor is set very low.

Yeah, but your comment made me giggle. My bar is pretty high, so well done!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    OMG my LOLCANO erupted!

lolcano.gif
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I like Taco Bell but I sometimes don't know if it's the best food choice since it tends to be high in calories sodium and fat too and it's just hard to make the call sometimes especially when I don't have the site's app on my phone and where then I'd have to ask for a nutrition facts brochure at the drive thru and that's embarrassing because they'll laugh at me because I'm fat and asking about calories so it's like automatic joke time for those darn Taco Bell employees even though I know that I shouldn't make hasty generalizations about people.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Less sugar and caffeine in your diet.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I like Taco Bell but I sometimes don't know if it's the best food choice since it tends to be high in calories sodium and fat too and it's just hard to make the call sometimes especially when I don't have the site's app on my phone and where then I'd have to ask for a nutrition facts brochure at the drive thru and that's embarrassing because they'll laugh at me because I'm fat and asking about calories so it's like automatic joke time for those darn Taco Bell employees even though I know that I shouldn't make hasty generalizations about people.

I don't even know what you can do. you must live in a hellish place. I think the sauce packets are 0 cal. Next time try making a meal of of those.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

that's some good *kitten* right there
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    OMG my LOLCANO erupted!

AND it downed my ROFL Copter

roflcopter1_1.jpeg
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    OMG my LOLCANO erupted!

AND it downed my ROFL Copter

roflcopter1_1.jpeg

My ROFLCOPTERs attacked yours!

Roflcopter-1.gif
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that some men get a little more defensive and possessive if the woman is losing weight. I just chalk it up to their insecurities and self-confidence. Seems they think the better looking the girl gets the more work they have to do to keep her. (And it goes the same with females) When people realize it is not looks but confidence and self-esteem that play more the part then maybe they can let it go.

We live in a disposable world. Looks do play a huge role. You are correct in that the more work a woman puts in to herself, the more guys will be knocking on her door, and the more work her male mate will have to put in to keep her, lest she chooses another male suitor. People treat people like things they bought at Walmart.

In western culture, looks cement the relationship a vast majority of the time. That's just reality. I hate it, but that's the world we live in. Relationships are like trophies to many people. It fires off reward centers in their brain.

(the same is said in a reverse gender situation as well, I'm not trying to pick on one or the other) If looks didn't matter, the diet industry wouldn't be as huge as it is now. There's a reason why people torture themselves to lose weight and look good, and it's often because they want to be a part of the trophy game on some level.

I apologize for my bluntness but, that's how I see it.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    um. this would be more appropriate as a status update.

seriously. :noway:
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    OMG my LOLCANO erupted!

lolcano.gif

Warning!!! If things like this are going to be posted on here you may not want to read these threads while eating. You might just choke. Chewing/swallowing/laughing none of it mixes.
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Wow, I can not believe some of the incredibly rude comments posted on this thread. MFP is supposed to be a site to post weight loss successes, failures and advice. If we immediately pounce on people for grammatical mistakes then why would anyone ever want to post anything ever again for fear of being criticized for their grammar? Have you ever heard of the saying, "If you can not say anything nice then...."?
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maybe thats his version of four play!

Nothing sexier than shoving burrito supremes in each others mouths!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    OP: In the past, I would have gone for the "fourthmeal" too. After a while you realize that you are less hungry and that there is no reason to eat "just because". Good for you!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    auticus .... That is basically what I was trying to point out.

And it is a SAD thing that it has ended up this way. And I did try to make it a point women are the same way if the man tries to improve himself. For this reason is why I have fought with many issues. I get tired of hearing "you have a beautiful face, eyes, lips..." or whatever. I did not want to lose weight. I wanted to be loved for me! Not because I have a nice body/good looks. I hate to think it might be the case, but it seems this book was better BEFORE trying to change the cover! To change the cover on THIS book it will be changing the entire book. Unfortunately, I seriously think I will be like MANY other who have lost significant weight and be a you can look but you can't touch. Don't get me wrong I have dated since I was 14 years old and most relationships lasting over 2 years along with being married for 9. The last three years have been self-evaluation and I spent my first 40 years putting others first. Hmmm, well the next 40 will be spent on God, me and my family first!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Like most guys I dig some Taco Bell action now no making jokes about tacos here as the mods have been known to shut down threads because the word taco can be misconstrued as a reference to female private bits even though I have to admit that there comparison can be made validly which can make taco eating a whole different experience depending on your affinity for said private bits which may be why many guys including myself dig tacos although I think it has something to do with whatever is in the taco too because I can appreciate Taco Bell's take on tacos as unauthentic as they may be still gotta admit that i like them a lot while I always crave a good authentic Mexican taco you see you just gotta understand that food is food whether authentic or not or whatever and appreciate it for what it is just like people.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can not believe some of the incredibly rude comments posted on this thread. MFP is supposed to be a site to post weight loss successes, failures and advice. If we immediately pounce on people for grammatical mistakes then why would anyone ever want to post anything ever again for fear of being criticized for their grammar? Have you ever heard of the saying, "If you can not say anything nice then...."?

I've heard of that saying! "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me."
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that saying! "If you can't say anything nice, come sit by me."
    Yep, that's the one...
This discussion has been closed.