The biggest excuse (lie) you used to tell (sabatoge) yoursel

Options

Replies

• MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    "Oh no! My clothes must be SHRINKING!"

LOL!!

Oh, and "I'll start eating better TOMORROW...right after I finish this quesadilla with extra sour cream and this big serving of yummy fries!"
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm a really healthy person! My cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugars, EVERYTHING is good! Why should I have to lose weight?? Oh, yah, cuz my BMI is in the OBESE category. That might be a good reason.

The moment I heard that word - about ME - I thought "oh hell to the no.........we gots to fix this!"

So, am tryin'.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    My father never gained a pound until he was in his 50s and I am built like him, so I will be ok eating like him. Too bad I am almost a foot shorter than him.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'll just start tomorrow.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not worth all the effort.

I believed that, obviously.

NOT ANYMORE
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    "It's ok if I hit the snooze button, I'll *definitely* do my workout after work"

Somehow, after a full day of work, helping the kids with their homework, fixing dinner, and then cleaning the house- I just never do feel like working out. So now I may whine, curse, and complain, but I drag my lazy butt out of bed at 4:30 anyway!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

NOT ANYMORE

I find that attitude totally baffling. Why do people think they aren't worth putting their own effort in? It's not as if it even effects anyone else.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, I just genuinely don't understand self-deprecation. I get not wanting to sound like you are boasting to other people, but I don't understand not caring about yourself.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

NOT ANYMORE

I find that attitude totally baffling. Why do people think they aren't worth putting their own effort in? It's not as if it even effects anyone else.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything, I just genuinely don't understand self-deprecation. I get not wanting to sound like you are boasting to other people, but I don't understand not caring about yourself.

Self esteem is a tricky beast.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

NOT ANYMORE

I cared about myself in a theoretical way, but clearly not enough to make the choices needed to get the outcome desired.

I was already married, no reason to have to woo anybody, and I had settled into the stretchy-clothing-no-makeup-frumpy zone. I was cozy. Until I took a jarring look at the scale, and until a student hugged my fat stomach and innocently asked me, "Does it keep you warm when you sleep, like a polar bear?" That's when I knew it was time. That my stretchy clothes weren't fooling anyone.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options

I can't speak for anyone but myself, obviously. In my case- there was always something I *should* be doing instead of being "selfish" and thinking about ME.

It was always stressed in my household that you should think of others before yourself. Not neccesarily a bad lesson for kids, but in my mind it got warped to where I felt that anything I did for MY benefit was selfish, and therefore wrong. Working out took away time I could be spending taking care of my family (same for going back to school. and getting a full time job, etc..).

It took years for me to figure out that taking better care of myself was important, not only for me, but for my husband and kids as well. And even now I still struggle with doing something solely because I WANT to do it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    "This is my body's happy weight. This is where I'm supposed to be."

"Spanx didn't compress my gut much... It must not be fat or it'd be mushier."

"The clothes shrunk in the wash."
  • DIYmomma
    DIYmomma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "i'll just do it tomorrow"

"next week im finally going to start my diet"

"theres just not enough time"
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    "I guess I'm destined to be chubby. Some people are! I'll just have to learn to live with it!"
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not a binge eater. 1 won't hurt
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    not my personal lie, but I have heard frequently

"It all turns to c ock at night"
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been using alot of these excuses lately.

I can't lose the last 15-20lbs because I'm breast feeding.

I can eat (junk) cause I don't look that bad.

I'll do it tomorrow.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    "I have a huge appetite because of PMS." It's most likely because of poor sleeping habits, not hormones.
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can get into Guinness World Records as the fattest man.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm going to binge this weekend and start fresh on Monday... Then I'd fall off the wagon half way through Monday and decide I may as well do whatever I wanted until the NEXT Monday. Then I'd repeat the cycle.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    every other day i'd use this one: "It's more imporant to quit smoking. I'll work on the weight later......."

wanna guess what the other day was?
    answer: I can' t quit smokingnow because i need to lose weight........

just excuses for 2 bad habits co-mingling and supporting each other