soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?!

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    FUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! No wait, it might fall there....To the City!!!!! Wait, i could bounce off of buildings and hit me....TO THE SEWERS!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait....I'm already there on a daily basis....with my mind.

Really? you're stressed over this when the step you take you could just keel over and die? You dont know and can't control the future. Only the present. Live it.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would run and hide if I were you, but I'm not, so I won't.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    after working with the government on a few projects, its not anything falling from space that you need to worry about..... just sayin'!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    A tsunami?? It's an expected 1200 lbs that won't cause anything other then a ripples in the ocean.

More catastrophic movement will occur as we all try to get a better look at Meg than this will ever create
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny umbrella like Wile E. Coyote. I am confident that it will protect me.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about it. I'm sure the government is tracking it and has everything under control.

:smile:

:indifferent:

:huh:

:frown:

Okay, now I'm worried about it.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Seriously? You must live a charmed life cause most people I know have like 20 million other more pressing things to worry about (rent, health, job, family, etc.).

lmao my my what a presumptuous thing to say, seriously. the condescension is completely unnecessary. i'm just asking for peoples' input, not your uneducated opinion of me. k thanks :)
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nasa-satellite-expected-to-hit-earth-this-week/2011/09/18/gIQARnpVdK_story.html

because i am. there's so many complications that could come with a satellie entering and hitting the earth. what if it hits a heavily populated city? what if it hits an ocean and causes a tsunami? am i overthinking it? this thing is 12,500 bloody tons!

It is pounds, not tons. That is a HUGE difference

completely agree. that was definitely a hell of a mistype
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

thanks for the insight. enlightening. truly.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Wont it just burn up in the atmosphere?
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    I'm kinda hoping some of it hits my house. I need a new roof.
    hey that's what I was hoping for!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.

lmao. where. where in my original post did i say i PERSONALLY was worried bout me, one human, getting hit by this thing. read the original post. a lot of you guys are taking this post entirely too seriously.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I felt equally enlightened by your original post, bless your heart. :flowerforyou:
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    how about that comet and that niburu thing?

inform me homie, i hadn't heard about that one?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The good news is that UARS will probably splatter into the open ocean, because Earth is a water planet. And humans, for all their sprawl, occupy a very limited portion of its surface.

NASA did a calculation of the odds that someone would be struck by UARS debris. It’s very unlikely: about a 1-in-3,200 chance that one person somewhere in the world would be hit.
    That quote is from the very story you linked to in your original post.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

I felt equally enlightened by your original post, bless your heart. :flowerforyou:

lmao. i'm sure. thanks for the insincerity. and for taking this entire thing to heart, like i knew most of you would. i found the responses to this interesting.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda hoping some of it hits my house. I need a new roof.

I was thinking I could use a new car.....
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    The good news is that UARS will probably splatter into the open ocean, because Earth is a water planet. And humans, for all their sprawl, occupy a very limited portion of its surface.

NASA did a calculation of the odds that someone would be struck by UARS debris. It’s very unlikely: about a 1-in-3,200 chance that one person somewhere in the world would be hit.
    That quote is from the very story you linked to in your original post.

again. lighten up people. jesus christ.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The last time something like this happened, they actually launched a missile into space to destroy it (or at least break it into small enough pieces that would burn on re-entry). http://www.raytheon.com/newsroom/technology/rtn08_nl/highlight4/index.html

Since I know they could do it again if needed, and they aren't, I'm not worried.