soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?!

Options

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda hoping some of it hits my house. I need a new roof.

I was thinking I could use a new car.....

haha, i'm with this camp as well. or at least a nice insurance check.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I blame the Mayans.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    The last time something like this happened, they actually launched a missile into space to destroy it (or at least break it into small enough pieces that would burn on re-entry). http://www.raytheon.com/newsroom/technology/rtn08_nl/highlight4/index.html

Since I know they could do it again if needed, and they aren't, I'm not worried.

that's pretty awesome. i've been watching this all day on cnn, i'm not actually freaking out, but i figured some folks didn't know this was even going on, and stuff like this has always interested me.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would run and hide if I were you, but I'm not, so I won't.

thanks for the insight. enlightening. truly.

I felt equally enlightened by your original post, bless your heart. :flowerforyou:

lmao. i'm sure. thanks for the insincerity. and for taking this entire thing to heart, like i knew most of you would. i found the responses to this interesting.

Right, well I'm off to hide under my desk and cry about being accused of being insincere. You are very welcome by the way!
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    I blame the Mayans.

as do i...
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

I felt equally enlightened by your original post, bless your heart. :flowerforyou:

lmao. i'm sure. thanks for the insincerity. and for taking this entire thing to heart, like i knew most of you would. i found the responses to this interesting.

Right, well I'm off to hide under my desk and cry about being accused of being insincere. You are very welcome by the way!

lmao i could care less. out with you.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I'm getting the sinking feeling you don't love me? :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

There, there :flowerforyou:
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

of course i do! you're entertaining me at work! how could i not?? xoxoxo
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nice job, you've caused mass hysteria. Time to go looting before the satellite hits Target or Walmart.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Nice job, you've caused mass hysteria. Time to go looting before the satellite hits Target or Walmart.

Get me a PS3, would ya? :bigsmile:
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

i'm banking on mass destruction so i can get some serious looting done. before the press comes in and ruins things.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.

lmao. where. where in my original post did i say i PERSONALLY was worried bout me, one human, getting hit by this thing. read the original post. a lot of you guys are taking this post entirely too seriously.

Actually, you did say you were freaking out about this.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nasa-satellite-expected-to-hit-earth-this-week/2011/09/18/gIQARnpVdK_story.html

because i am. there's so many complications that could come with a satellie entering and hitting the earth. what if it hits a heavily populated city? what if it hits an ocean and causes a tsunami? am i overthinking it? this thing is 12,500 bloody tons!

"soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?! *insert link* because i am.

Usually using "I" means you're talking about yourself.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    If you read the article, there is an approximately 1 in 3,200 chance of any one human being getting hit.

lmao. where. where in my original post did i say i PERSONALLY was worried bout me, one human, getting hit by this thing. read the original post. a lot of you guys are taking this post entirely too seriously.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/nasa-satellite-expected-to-hit-earth-this-week/2011/09/18/gIQARnpVdK_story.html

because i am. there's so many complications that could come with a satellie entering and hitting the earth. what if it hits a heavily populated city? what if it hits an ocean and causes a tsunami? am i overthinking it? this thing is 12,500 bloody tons!

"soooo um...is ANYBODY else freaking out about this?! *insert link* because i am.

and apparently sarcasm doesn't translate well via text.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Actually, you're correct. Sarcasm does not translate well via text at all. It's extremely difficult to get it across without the deadpan delivery.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    That has been entertaining to say the least =)
  • SkateboardFi
    Options

Actually, you're correct. Sarcasm does not translate well via text at all. It's extremely difficult to get it across without the deadpan delivery.

clearly. i'm correct. about. everything. victory is mine. now away with you.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    You're doing it wrong.

:( i am at your will sensei

signed,
    grasshopper
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    That has been entertaining to say the least =)

lmao. quite.