Help! Gettng less and less motivated even though i'm losing

Options
I am getting less motivated everyday. :frown: I don't even feel like putting in the food I eat anymore. It's become such a chore. When I first joined it was going great but recently I haven't been logging in and putting my food in the food diary. I'm surprised I am still losing weight. It has just become such a routine, having to put every single little thing I eat through the day. I also forget what I have eaten and end up messing it up for the day. I started writing it down in a notebook so I wouldn't forget, but then I have to type all of that into the computer so it's even more work...:grumble:

I really don't want to gain the weight I have lost already. I want to keep on losing weight and reach my goal. I just feel so disappointed in myself. Maybe it's because I'm not exercising..? I feel so tired all the time too because I am not sleeping well.

Replies

• stephiepoo
    Options
    I am getting less motivated everyday. :frown: I don't even feel like putting in the food I eat anymore. It's become such a chore. When I first joined it was going great but recently I haven't been logging in and putting my food in the food diary. I'm surprised I am still losing weight. It has just become such a routine, having to put every single little thing I eat through the day. I also forget what I have eaten and end up messing it up for the day. I started writing it down in a notebook so I wouldn't forget, but then I have to type all of that into the computer so it's even more work...:grumble:

I really don't want to gain the weight I have lost already. I want to keep on losing weight and reach my goal. I just feel so disappointed in myself. Maybe it's because I'm not exercising..? I feel so tired all the time too because I am not sleeping well.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to give yourself a new challenge and a new plan so you have something to focus on. I keep thinking that with time I will get bored of logging calories, it's a chore, honestly... but I keep telling myself that in the long term this is going to take me where I want to go.

So, anyway, have a nice hot bath, get a good nights sleep and tomorrow start again.

You can do this.
    :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Steph,

Boy do I hear ya on the tedious nature of logging food. It's ok to miss a couple days or whatever. But it is SO easy to stop eating well when you miss more than a few days at a time. I reached my goal and stopped logging for 6 months. I had pretty much "taught" myself correct portions and the foods I needed, so I was able to maintain my weight just fine.

Then one day I said to myself, "Hey, when was the last time you had a great big healthy veggie meal?"

And I couldn't remember. :embarassed:

I now really try to get the correct mix of nutrients, and to do that you have to eat a wide variety of foods. So I don't log everyday, but since I am just barely over my maintenance weight, and I don't want to to gain any more (I'm over about 4 or 5 pounds) - I am logging three or four days a week until I am comfortable that my knowledge is refreshed. It's good to go back to the "Reports" too, and see progress.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    .....and I had been logging food and exercise religiously for nine months before I reached my goal weight, so I think you should keep at it for a while longer until you have a good back-log of food diary pages that you can go back and reference. Good luck. Weight loss is NOT for the faint of heart or weak of spirit. It's work.
    :flowerforyou:
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    beeing on weight watchers for about 16 months .. i know what it means to " log the food " count the points, count every bite.. and I'm surprised that i was doing it for so long.. well eventually i got really boed with it and couldn't write it any more.. thinking " well .. now i know all the points , i know what i'm eating, I know the points- and if not i can guess them really good :huh: ..
    so i kept telling myself- " oh you're fine.. you don't do nothing different you just don 't write it down' than eventually i skipped one workout, than two.. and before I knew it I was not working out for 5-6 weeks at all . .than.. i realized that i'm getting bigger again..
    stepped on the scale- in about 6 weeks i gained 20 lbs.. it took me 16 months to loose 45.. but only 5-6 weeks to gain 20 of it back.. i'm glad i put a break on it before i got all 45 back .. i'm here.. and i know that it is not easy , not always fun.. but fake it till you make it..

like someone allready said- you need a new goal, new focus, new something.. usually i go and get myself a new workout, new workout clothes, something for " exercising " .. i used to buy so many different diary books to motivate me just to write it, sometimes I thought I need a mini one so i can carry it all the times, than i thought i need a huge one to be more specific. i tried everything.. now i'm doing it here and i like it.. . i'm sure i will wake up one day and not feel like doing it here either.. but i will remember that i made the mistake once - and it costs me 20 lbs -

don't do the mistake..
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this really helped. I am not going to give up :smile: