What's your treat??

Options
2»

Replies

• lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I eat treats EVERYDAY! Since starting this whole MFP thing about 6 months ago I have totally rediscovered my love of food. I have got really into cooking - no ready meals or diet food for me. Granted, I spend a little more money, and a lot more time on my meals, but I think it's totally worth it. I truly love everything that I cook and eat, and I look forward to every meal time. If I don't really enjoy what I'm eating I feel like I've wasted those calories.

I refuse to give up desserts too, I just make sure they fit (in the most part) into my allowance for the day. If anyone wants some amazing healthy dessert recipes go to this blog: www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

x
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Mine is a pepperoni stick from a local market. Absolutly delicious. Though this week it will probably be sushi, depending on how good I do

(weigh in is tomorrow)
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I eat treats EVERYDAY! Since starting this whole MFP thing about 6 months ago I have totally rediscovered my love of food. I have got really into cooking - no ready meals or diet food for me. Granted, I spend a little more money, and a lot more time on my meals, but I think it's totally worth it. I truly love everything that I cook and eat, and I look forward to every meal time. If I don't really enjoy what I'm eating I feel like I've wasted those calories.

I refuse to give up desserts too, I just make sure they fit (in the most part) into my allowance for the day. If anyone wants some amazing healthy dessert recipes go to this blog: www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

x

WOW, that website looks awesome!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    i don't believe in treats. i eat and drink everything i like in moderate serving sizes.

Same here.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i dont have a weekly treat but every now and then i will crave a really fatty meal. so once a week i will eat, for one meal, whatever i want!!! if its a burger, i will get a small meal or i will eat half and i wil let the boy eat the other half....so i keep the portions sort of small but i will sometimes cut it in half that way i get the taste and craving i want.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I like a brandy and coke at the weekend, also if its TOTM I end up with choc cravings too, I manage to control them with diet patches (just for the 2 days I have cravings!) so I can stick to a few chunks off a large bar or one small bar!.. without undoing all my hard work the rest of the month!!
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I'm in maintenance, I made that decision based on my normal weight range. If I was at the high end of my 5lb range, I'd probably decline dessert. If I was at the low end of the range, I'd probably have a piece of that pie, thankyouverymuch!

But to me, that information isn't something to beat myself up over - it's just a weather report. It's going to be hot today - okay, I'll wear a tank top. It's snowing - oh look sweater weather.

I've recently decided to lose additional weight, and now that I'm in weight loss mode again, I'm basing it on my daily and weekly net calories (weekly is a number you can get from the iPhone app). But again, it's just information - am I on track? Yes = have something if I want it.

But then I don't consider this torture. My daily eating feels good to me so I don't need reward food.