Replies

• JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I make a shake with 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of frozen berries (whatever I've got at the moment), a cup of low-fat probiotic yogurt drink (or this great .5% fat buttermilk drink we have here in Switzerland), a banana, a scoop of soluble fibre and maybe some shredded apple when I feel like it. That keeps me really full on a normal day, but if I'm going for a hike or teaching for the entire day, I'd boost that with a poached egg on the side.
  • Erneliz
    Erneliz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit. I like to mix and match fresh or frozen:

blueberries
    blackberries
    raspberries
    peaches
    mango
    banana
    strawberries
    cherries

If I use frozen fruit I measure it the night before and put it in the fridge to thaw. Also grapes on the side are so refreshing in the morning when I have them on hand.

the frozen fruits don't have more sugars than the fresh ones?
  • Erneliz
    Options
    After all the great ideas, I start my day with a dannon light and fit yogurt mixed with fresh fruits, a natural valley granola bar crushed, and 2 teaspons of whipped topping. a sandwich with sara lee wheat bread 45 cal per slice, with 2 slice of turkey breast, 1 teaspons of mustard, .25 roma tomato and .25 yellow onion...thanks for all the recomendatios it really help me to get the idea.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Eggs, peppers, in a tortilla.
  • paper_doll_
    Options
    These two smoothie/shake ideas from my PT's are great.. taste amazing too!

http://www.bodyoverhaul.com.au/2011/03/30/body-overhaul-breakfast-of-champions/
  • Erneliz
    Options
    Eggs, peppers, in a tortilla.

what kind of tortilla, flour or corn?
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    veggie omelet all the way! TONS of veggies...so yummy! Loving the fresh local squash available right now. This past week, I chopped veggies ahead of time so that it was ready to go for the rest of the week (LOL - only lasted 3 days though before I was out!)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    <--- doesn't eat breakfast.

But if you like to eat breakfast, and you are on a calorie restriction, I would try and select a food choice that will give you the most satiety at reltaively low calorie density. My vote would be oatmeal, either quick-cut for conveinence or steel-cut if you don't mind the extra prep time. You can doctor up your oatmeal in so many different ways to satisfy your taste buds.

But, largley personal preference.
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    Oatmeal! Try katheats.com - she has tons of great recipes. If you're not into the fancy concoctions, try oatmeal with a banana and spoon of peanut butter...keeps me full forever!

What kind of oatmeal to you use? I love anything with peanut butter! LOL and I like banana's too