A bit gross

Options

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Dr. Oz show the other day helped me tremendously. He had a whole show about poo and pee and how to know what's good, what's bad. It was gross yes, but interesting and educating at the same time.

Here's a link to a vid where he tells about foods that keep you regular. Below this vid on that page you can click a link and watch part 2.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/foods-keep-you-regular-pt-1
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Ok soooooo I'm a bit irregular when it comes to doing #2. I don't know if it's different for women compared to men but I MAY get in 1 a day. Is this bad and will this prevent me from losing weight as some point?
    If you are near a TV Dr OZ has a show on right now about POOP!

I'm not but I hope it comes on again..
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm generally only one a day, too. But, that's better than before when it was one every 3 days....

And, I don't think it makes much of a difference, because my dad and hubs (both fairly decent sized guys - go a LOT and it hasn't affected them in any way, shape or form.... (I could be wrong. I'm not a licensed poo inspector)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    once a day is normal. but if you feel "clogged" ...you know the feeling lol. miralax is perfectly safe and stimulant free and has no taste. apples are a natural laxative also. drink 8 oz of apple juice.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    and lots of water!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Dr. Oz show the other day helped me tremendously. He had a whole show about poo and pee and how to know what's good, what's bad. It was gross yes, but interesting and educating at the same time.

Here's a link to a vid where he tells about foods that keep you regular. Below this vid on that page you can click a link and watch part 2.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/foods-keep-you-regular-pt-1

thanks I'll check this out when I get home
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    A recent (fantastic) thread about poop frequency, with some interesting responses: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347785-metabolism-check-how-many-times-a-day-do-you-poop

Me? I poop like a champ -- multiple times a day. I am a loaf-pinching machine!

poop-champ-logo.png
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    What are you talking about? Girls don't poop lol.
    I am actually having the same problem not even averaging once a day and It started when I changed to a healthier diet. I like Activia yogurt. There is a light version as well. Or a fiber drink, I hate the way they taste but, they help.

thanks I'll try the fiber drink because I tried Activia and I didn't really see a difference. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to run its course
  • cladou2
    cladou2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am very regular, after my first cup of coffee every morning. You should be going atleast once a day. You may want to try some Miralax, it is NOT a laxative. My daughter has a bowel deformation and has to take it. The gastrointerologist says that it is safe to take everyday and your body will not become dependant on it.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    A recent (fantastic) thread about poop frequency, with some interesting responses: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/347785-metabolism-check-how-many-times-a-day-do-you-poop

Me? I poop like a champ -- multiple times a day. I am a loaf-pinching machine!

poop-champ-logo.png

LMAO!!!!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    once a day is normal. but if you feel "clogged" ...you know the feeling lol. miralax is perfectly safe and stimulant free and has no taste. apples are a natural laxative also. drink 8 oz of apple juice.
    I don't think apple juice acts as a laxative for adults? It does though, for small children.
  • cladou2
    cladou2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, LOTS of water makes a huge difference. I drink between 8 and 10 glasses a day
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't go every day, and I've been eating whole grains and fruits and veggies for five weeks now. It's the same as before... Though unless I "feel" like something's wrong I don't really pay attention. It seems to be working well enough.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    looks like everybody is ahead of me here. I go maybe every other day, if im lucky!

that's what I was thinking;-)
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to offer here, because it varies...

But I am wondering if I am the only one who HAD to read this because of the title ;)
    No, you're not.

Nope, another one who had to read because of the title!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I've read anywhere from 1 to 3 times a day is still healthy.

WHEW!!! ok thanks!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I'm generally only one a day, too. But, that's better than before when it was one every 3 days....

And, I don't think it makes much of a difference, because my dad and hubs (both fairly decent sized guys - go a LOT and it hasn't affected them in any way, shape or form.... (I could be wrong. I'm not a licensed poo inspector)

I think I was thinking I was irregular by going by my hubs going alot..same as yours...like after every meal....so that's why I thought I must be irregular
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Once a day is normal for me?
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    Ok so lots of water, possibly a fiber drink, more greens in my diet and probiotics....got it. Thanks guys and dolls!
  • odessablondie
    odessablondie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow... I can go days without going. Always been that way though. :/