Eating Healthy is too expensive!!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• KindleBlossom
    Options
    I cook all my meals for the week at once on Sundays, and then freeze or refrigerate them. All you've got to do is reheat. Even faster than fast food!

Also, rice and beans cost about 35 cents per serving and are nutritionally equivalent to a steak. Knowledge is power.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Eating whole foods is good and more nutritious, but if you can't eat that way all the time, then eating frozen would be your next best bet.
  • redhead91
    Options
    Seriously? I can buy a bag of celery for 99 cents or a bag of chips for $3.99. They both last me the same length of time. I find that buying fruits and veggies is way cheaper than expensive processed crap that doesn't last very long.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Tuna snack lunch thingy's from Bumble bee are healthy and not THAT expensive.

Another thing, the healthier food tends to last longer in my house because you don't desire to eat as much.. so it all evens out in the end.. haha.

The healthy foods that are not a neccesity like ORGANIC fruits and vegetables, or vegan specific are expensive. The other stuff isn't that much more expensive. Like a carton of egg whites, lasted me two weeks, when a carton of eggs woudl have lasted me one week. The carton of egg whites was double the price of a carton of eggs. But in the end, it lasted the same and cost the same.