Do you screen your friend requests?

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
When you get friend requests, do you automatically accept?

Do you try to view their profile first to see what their about?

If their profile is set to private, and they don't include a message, do you accept?

Come one come all, or a select few?

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Sure do.
    If it's not from someone I recognize and there is no message, or a message that perrtains to nothing as to why, then I dont accept.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't. I figure if they are crazy enough to request me as a friend, they are as crazy as I am.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    No message no accept

no pic no accept

Theres a long disclaimer on my profile.....Assuming they can read.....
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I screen them very carefully these days. If it is someone that sends a request without a message, I will ask everyone on my wall if they know said person etc etc... In light of recent events, Security on my friends list is tight.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    they should have a message, i do check their profile, and i'm not above accepting them and removing them 5 minutes later just so i could see their profile/pics.

no friends w/o pics. at all.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Yes they are screened - for the protection of my friends that are already on my list.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I screen them very carefully these days. If it is someone that sends a request without a message, I will ask everyone on my wall if they know said person etc etc... In light of recent events, Security on my friends list is tight.

Exactly!.....Snitches pop up everywhere.....
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I check out their profile and I usually only accept if they send a message too, but it just depends.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    100percent !!!!!!!!!! I check thier profie first then ask my friends if they know them !
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    There is a whole long process to become my friend. If you don't include a message it's an automatic deny. Unless I know why you're friending me. I check who is on their friend list. I post a status asking my friends if they know the person. Then, if the person passes muster I tell them that I'm offensive and crass and get warnings from the mods and if they can't handle it they should delete me.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, especially the ones with no picture and closed profile. I have had someone make several fake accounts and FR me. 2-3 times I mistakingly added him.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    No msg, no pic = no friend. Unless it's a really good looking guy.

Also - if no msg or the msg doesn't entertain me, I'll ask the masses on my friend's list. If they are a mutual friend, I KNOW we'll get along just fun.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I never accept friend requests. I'm shy.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I don't screen on booty day... If you're showing you're booty I'm approvin
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    There is a whole long process to become my friend. If you don't include a message it's an automatic deny. Unless I know why you're friending me. I check who is on their friend list. I post a status asking my friends if they know the person. Then, if the person passes muster I tell them that I'm offensive and crass and get warnings from the mods and if they can't handle it they should delete me.

Glad I made the cut. I feel privileged.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I accept them all then send them a creeper PM asking for nekkid pics..if they sent them I keep em..if they dont I cut em..
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I don't decline on the basis of no picture or no message. Some people have very good reasons for not putting their picture on here, and I'm fine with that. I would prefer that people include a message. Seems kind of shady not to. But it's okay if they don't.

If they have all of their business set to private (profile, diary, etc.), then I'm not going to be friends with them. I understand that some people are here only to log their food and exercise and not get into the social aspect of the site. I was that way for the first year and a half that I was on MFP. I also never sent friend requests back then, so it blows my mind to get requests from people who want access to all of your info but don't want you to know anything about them.
  • My3Rayz
    My3Rayz Posts: 373
    Options

That's after the blood and urine test as well as the fingerprint analysis.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I screen. No picture or message, I won't accept. I will only accept like minded people because I wouldn't want my posts or things my friends post to offend anyone.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I accept all but make no efforts to accommodate their feelings. They are free to leave if the realize they don't like me.