Do you screen your friend requests?

Options

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I screen. No picture or message, I won't accept. I will only accept like minded people because I wouldn't want my posts or things my friends post to offend anyone.

that' s so sweet
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    There is a whole long process to become my friend. If you don't include a message it's an automatic deny. Unless I know why you're friending me. I check who is on their friend list. I post a status asking my friends if they know the person. Then, if the person passes muster I tell them that I'm offensive and crass and get warnings from the mods and if they can't handle it they should delete me.

That's after the blood and urine test as well as the fingerprint analysis.

I knew I forgot a step...
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't accept all friend requests. There are people out there who "collect" friends and I'm not one of them. People say the more friends you have, the more support you get. True for some, but I like to get to know a small community of friends and you built up a friendly banter and get to know each other.

I've emailed people who've added me, to say hello and where did you meet me. They don't respond and so they don't get added. Friend collectors... Tut tut!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I accept Everyone (female only). ( I am always afraid I will miss out on someone great even if they don't "know they are supposed" to leave a note with a FR)

All new friends are on a trial only basis.

People who do not interact are usually deleted within two weeks
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yes I screen if the option is there. I like when people send messages, but I am very shy and I don't, so I will still except if there is no message because I understand. I do delete people often though due to inactivity, if they don't talk to me, if i feel they are not committed to there goal, or if I don't like them as a person.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I didnt when I first joined but I do now. My friends have evolved and become a close knit support group. Many of us are friends in the same circle. And yes.... with all the tattling going on anymore - I plan to keep it that way. :bigsmile:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't. I figure if they are crazy enough to request me as a friend, they are as crazy as I am.

Binary...you were my FIRST friend!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If I can (their profile is not private), I scan their friends list. Gotta be vigilant. If their profile is private, I will scan their friends list after I accept. But no message...decline. Really, it's in my profile. If you can't even be bothered to read my profile, why are you sending me a friend request?
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I accept them all then send them a creeper PM asking for nekkid pics..if they sent them I keep em..if they dont I cut em..

WOW! :laugh:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I only accept people I know from mutual friends who I am pretty sure I will get along with. I don't like deleting people, so I am selective from the start.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I don't bother...if they don't like me(or I don't like them) I guess they can report/delete me?
  • boomboom011
    Options
    you will be accepted and if you turn out to be oogie or a perv or sl^tty youre deleted.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I stalk them first. Kidding..... but if there isn't a message I will post the name on my profile and see if any of my friends could vouche for them. If the person is known as a friend collector who never offers support I decline. I love to give support and will offer it to anyone who needs it but I like it too :)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    no message is usually an automatice decline....I also throw it out to my friends to see if anyone knows them or has anything to say about them. so yeah I screen pretty heavily...
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i used to automatically accept but now i require a message, i've been nice and let some slip without it but i prefer just a little message i dont think thats much to ask.. i dont get caught up in the drama of the forums so i dont always know who is like what etc. i mean i'll friend anyone just about, only thing is some of my friends like to get raunchy and naughty which is fine by me but others will come to your page and report what they said, not cool s
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do, especially the ones with no picture and closed profile. I have had someone make several fake accounts and FR me. 2-3 times I mistakingly added him.

and yet, you haven't deleted me.

To answer the op, it depends on the bra size. A thorough vetting is conducted before I accept.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    No , beacuse I had a very simple policy: I didn't accept anyone. I said so on my profile but that didn't stop me getting about 60 or so friend requests in the last 8 weeks. Conclusion: most people don't read my profile...

I've added a few people now but only because in their own individual ways they bring something unique to the MFP experience for me. I will be accepting / requesting at some point in the future though. So far the friends thing has been an unexpectedly pleasant experience.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I've asked for a message on my profile with FR. If I at least get that (and it's not of creeper status) then I will accept the add regardless if the profile is private or there is no picture.

Otherwise, no message no add.

I will admit though in the past, there have been a few I had a change of heart for and turned around and added them and I don't regret that. And of course, there were a couple random ones that were pretty easy on the eyes and I added them (as did just about every other woman on my friends list lol) :wink:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit but as a guy have a lot less to worry about as far as creepers go.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't deny, I just don't accept, like facebook.

Also no no-pics, or anyone too old or too young. People a lot taller then me I don't accept cause I feel intimidated, and really short ones scare me. Girls with dark hair I don't really like, unless its dyed dark then, I'll accept them. Same goes for redheads, but I usually accept blonds, unless its bleached. I don't think I have any room in my friends list for someone with a beard or mustache, men included. If you're a regular girl with glasses, I will accept because you look smart, but if you're a smart girl withOUT glasses, you might not make the cut. Sometimes when there aren't many people to talk to online, I accept just for someone to talk to, then the next day I delete. Usually weekends I accept everyone , because Sunday is a church day, and a day of acceptance and forgiveness. Nobody with the same name as me, or who would look like they'd have the same as me. Nobody within the same province.If you live on a coast near the ocean, that gets me jealous so I don't want friends postin fun, beach pics makin me wish i was them. I don't really like jeans, as i find them too tight in the pockets. That's not really an issue when it comes to me accepting people, but may be relevant when someone is thinking of accepting me.

thats basically it, otherwise I accept everyone.
    Oh, and no psychics.