what diet to choose???!!!!???HELP ME

heatherlovesmk09
heatherlovesmk09 Posts: 6 Member
I literally have NO idea where to start in my path to loosing weight. I need to get off about 130 pounds by NEXT October ( preferably before that so I can buy a dress for my wedding sooner and not need major alterations) I have tried HCG and it made me sick sick sick :/ so I am open to any OTHER suggestions then that diet. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!:embarassed:

Replies

• ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    My suggestion is to go with a balanced limited calorie diet of 1200 calories plus exercise. It's what this site is based off of and it works! Good luck to you on your journey.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    There is no diet that will help you. You need to do a lifestyle change that takes hard work, is slow progress, and sustainable as it is something you will be doing for the rest of your life hopefully.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Just eat a variety of healthy foods, exercise, log your food and exercise on here and eat all of the calories MFP allows you.

It works, no need to diet.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Just eat a variety of healthy foods, exercise, log your food and exercise on here and eat all of the calories MFP allows you.

Ding ding ding
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    No quick fix diet is going to work long term. I assume you've set up your goals in MFP already. Now all you have to do is make smarter choices. Try to cut out processed foods, add veggies and some fruits, add lean meats, and plan your "treats." Stick to your calorie goal. Add in exercise if you can. If you do that and try your best at it you should be good to go :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    The MFP diet! Just burn more calories than you consume and you lose weight! Fad diets especially injecting pregnant lady pee and consuming 500 cals a day (HCG Diet) are a bad idea, juice fasts and such for a few days can help kick things off but it's just a motivator as any weight lost is water-weight.

Change your ratios under settings to 30% protein and 25g fibre (just b/c MFP is wrong on setting it at 15% and fibre is set way too low) and then start planning your day with portions much smaller than what you had before. Slowly you'll begin cooking much healthier foods, you'll find favourite vegetables and you'll learn to cut down on carbs.

Just take it 1 day at a time.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    There is no diet that will help you. You need to do a lifestyle change that takes hard work, is slow progress, and sustainable as it is something you will be doing for the rest of your life hopefully.

100% correct. Just use MFP's system. It will tell you how many Calories to eat to reach your goal. It works. If you need a name, your diet is "Calorie Counting".
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I have heard good things about the Diet Dr Pepper diet.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member

Ding ding ding

Caaaa-ching!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Lifestyle change

eat healthy

use the tools

good luck
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member

I think I'll go pick up 2 cases now.
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    I would recommend looking into the South Beach diet. Its very focused on lean proteins and good carbs.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member

OMG there is a Diet Dr Pepper Diet? :love:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member

100% correct. Just use MFP's system. It will tell you how many Calories to eat to reach your goal. It works. If you need a name, your diet is "Calorie Counting".

Agree with both of these. Just do this! Eat less move more. It sounds simple because it is! You just have to wrap your head around it...don't complicate it, you will see results!
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Stop Snacking. Chew gum if you have an oral fixation and can't stop eating.

Be honest, especially if you are a secret eater (I totally was).

Count your calories, keep it under 1500.

Make every calorie count. All thriller, no filler. You need fiber, fruits and veggies, protein, and complex carbs.

Drink More water.

Don't worry about exercise until you want to, and after you start feeling better through healthy nutrition you will want to. Until then, keep your hands busy so you don't snack. Play a video game, knit, anything that requires you keep your hands active.

You can drop 50-60 in a year easily doing this. It probably took much longer to put that weight on.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    I by no means am a professional, but my thoughts are to make sure you don't think of it as a "diet" no one sticks to a "diet". This should just be a lifestyle change where you're more concious of what you're putting into your body and how you move your body.

Using MFP has really helped me. I started with my calorie allottment and through time, I've learned what foods I can eat that really fill me up but don't take up a ton of calories... and not surprisingly, those foods are the healthier, whole, fresh, non-processed foods. My diary is open and please feel free to take a look at what I eat. I think it's important to know that when you're making a lifestyle change, you still can have the things you want and like, just be more concious of them. Don't have them every day, in fact, I'd say not even every week. I try to let myself have a once a month treat so to speak if I feel I really need it.

I've tried "diets" before where you allow a cheat day every week, etc, and I know this works for some people, but it didn't work for me. I realized I was looking so forward to those days, that I never really got over my cravings for them, and it made it harder to be something I could stick with.

When I said moving your body, I mean, try to do things you haven't done before... maybe that's walking or maybe it's attending some classes at the gym or even just joining a gym.

Remember, everything you do to better yourself each day can only help you towards your goal. No matter how little the change. I think gradually moving into these changes are a huge help. At least they have been for me.

Someone posted this a little while ago, but I think it's helpful to share, Here's what he had to say. if you can gradually incorporate these 10 things over time (slowly - because it's harder to attain if you do it all at once, you might give up) but here you go:

1. Exercise for 30 minutes
    2. Take fish oil and a multivitamin at breakfast
    3. Drink at least 8 cups of water
    4. Eat at least 4 one-cup servings of vegetables
    5. Sleep at least 8 hours (including naps and night-time sleep)
    6. During each meal, stop eating when 80% full
    7. Twice during the work day, get up and do 5 minutes of muscle stretching
    8. Eat 4 – 5 meals
    9. Eat lean protein with each meal
    10. Replace grains with greens during each meal

Hope this helps! :) Good luck to you!
  • sdoro
    sdoro Posts: 14 Member
    I agree with everybody else. Just learn to eat healthy, cut down all the snacky items that can be high caloric value. Learn to eat more fruits, and vegetables, and salad. Salad is so good for you and low in calories.
    Also, drink water, water, water. Instead of juice or pop. Those calories add up really fast!
    If your not an eat healthy person ( you should become one because no diet will help you long wrong but healthy eating) I am on Herbalife shakes. It is all herb protein shake that you can either take it once a day for weight management, or two a day for loosing weight. My friend did it and lost 18 pounds so far. There are many flavors to try, but heard if you want to get the vanilla you can add Sugar free jello to make any flavor you want. Maybe check www.herbalife.com it is a real working website, but since you have a year to loose it or even less, I would go with the eating healthy. :) If you have questions, let me know.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    you have to just change your opinion pof things and read everyy label. Don't diet. Just make the decision to be healthy, Eat healthy and move your body. All the knowledge doesn't come at once. Don't get overwhelmed. Take the first step and just start. Start small, and big things will happen!

*edited due to my fast fingers... *snicker*
  • julie_a_griffin
    julie_a_griffin Posts: 58 Member
    I've stuck to using this site, logging my calories and even having sneaky bits of chocolate (and adding them to my daily calories, of course) and I've lost over 30lbs so far. It really does work, and after a while, you find youseld actually craving the healthier foods and being much more aware of what you eat. It really helps that you have a goal in mind. Keep reminding yourself of that, and track what you eat, get some exercise, and you're golden.

If you want some cheerleading, feel free to friend me.

Good luck!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member

OMG there is a Diet Dr Pepper Diet? :love:

Yeah, you live on Diet Dr. Pepper, lose a bunch of weight, probably some hair, gain back all of the weight, and lose all credibility as a pesron that can make rational decisions.
This discussion has been closed.