If You Died Right Now...........

Options
13»

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    If you died right now, did you live a fulfilled and happy life? Would you honestly have died happy?

Personally, if I choked on a piece of healthy apple (wish it was a f$cking donut) and died, I would be dying a happy and completely fulfilled woman! I reached my life goals, and I have a beautiful family. Don't get me wrong, I would be sad to leave my family behind but nonetheless there would be no regrets!

Edit: I guess I would regret seeing my baby grow up and go through all those "AWESOME" teenage years with her. :P
    No. I passed up a yummy piece of cake last night. If I died right now, I'd be mad that I could have had that cake. :laugh:

LOL!!!! The things we stress about! Food, HA!! =)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    NO There is so much more that I want to do, spend more time with my kids, my husband...not that I have a say so at all, but if I did I would ask for more time.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    No big regrets, but I am not done yet.
  • Katefab26
    Options
    Oh wow. This is a tough question. If I died right now, I would go kicking and screaming and doing absolutely everything I could to stay. I have not achieved anything that I want to achieve and I really don't want to die without finding someone that I love, someone that could actually convince me that kids are a good idea. I know that sounds depressing, and I would definitely not say that I have had a bad life, but has it been important? No.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Since my life has been on pause for the last 3 years, hell no.
  • livnlite
    Options
    I have been blessed in many ways.

I know what it's like to be in love and be loved, I have raised a family and watched them flower and prosper, I have met my first grandchild and have been fortunate to see her near everday, I have made good friends..REAL friends that I would sacrifice for and they would do they same for me, I know what it feels like to be happy ... I have travelled near, far and wide and have seen some of the worlds most valued natural treasures .. some by motorcycle where I felt an elevated sense of freedom, contentment and pure elation ... I am at peace with God ...

Yep, that about covers it.
  • ennaejay
    Options
    I can't wrap my mind around it. The other night driving home, it made me sad to think I could be in an accident and never MAKE it home, and have my family go through the mourning process without my saying goodbye. That sortof freaked me out.

If I died right now, I'd hope my husband would get home before stuff in the oven would turn into charcoal and bring a hazmat team to the house, or before my kids ended up getting into something that would hurt them.

On a long-term scale, I have a lot of stuff I want to learn. Struck down in my prime? Please no. There's so little we know about the afterlife - and I do believe there is one - and I do believe it's a LOT like what we've got here, but with Love as our unified goal - I guess there are so little givens. I was hoping to learn Japanese, see how my through school and their own children, and take up training horses again. Maybe some ballroom dancing. Want to go back to school for nutrition and wellness - and do an Ironman all by myself.

Yeah, no thanks, don't want to choke on that doughnut yet.

No regrets, any and all experiences I've had have made me the person I am today. A follower of Christ who has NO regard for religion or religious people, I don't go to church, I respect and regard all people groups, and want to see my family and friends live full and satisfying lives.

And if I died right now, I'd be a little ashamed that all they'd find in my colon would be about 2 cups of Mountain Trail Mix, not exactly the testimony of a great diet.

I'd also feel a LITTLE bad that I made DH get snipped so early. Nah. He could always have a reversal done. But I'd do my darndest to come back and haunt any other women he'd have babies with :devil:
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    I can't help but think that as I am dying I would be regretting what ever it is I did to get me dying/ dead
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i would be happy and fullfilled. i've lived a good life, i've done some cool things, i've done some fun things, i've done some crazy things and some things i really probably shouldn't have, i've been fortunate and lucky mostly. I don't regret anything. I've never hurt someone in a terrible and unforgivable way so my conscience is clear.

But i haven't finished the job i started, so i can't die until my kids are adults at the very least.

Hey, death is only death. It happens to everyone, may as well not fear it.
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    No... not fulfilled.... haven't met enough of my goals and honestly I'm not at my ideal death age yet so I'm refusing death at this point in time! Like I have a damn choice when it happens!