Once Thread Killer, Always Thread Killer

Options

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...Coffee was great, thanks hun. Feeling much better today. Going back out to the yard in a bit, found more old leaves and new branches from the last storm. Blah!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Storm CleanUp can go on forever sometimes. At least it seems that way!!:ohwell:
  • mem50
    Options
    Was going to go out and work in yard today but my back says NOT!!!!:grumble:

Other then that.........where everyone go???
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: So sorry about your Back!! Hope it feels better after a Rest Day.
  • mem50
    Options
    With arthritis moving in at a rapid pace the good days are not always there. Warmer weather will help.....if it ever shows up and stays put!!!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I hope that most of your Cold Weather is behind you. Or that you have access to a nice Hot Tub, LOL!!
  • mem50
    Options
    No Hot tub...Sigh....But do have a darn good heating pad that has become my best friend! Plus I made a fleece wrap for my middle and wear it under my jeans and shirt while at work. My job is right next to the dock doors and oowee does it get chilly! Granted it makes me look a little chunky but who cares!:bigsmile:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The fleece wrap sounds like an awesome Idea. And I agree, when it comes to Cold and Arthritis, how you look is way DOWN on the list of prioritys.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Arthritis what a a pain. Nice idea with the fleecey wrap. We are just coming into winter. But my arthritis acted up in the summer, we had lots of rain though does that effect it? And actually this is the first time I felt it in my knee. I also have it in my chest and hip. Argh. Hip is self diagnosed, next time at doctors will ask about it. Got the all clear on my pneumonia last week, so increased my walking still slow but a bit more often. Decided to go to zumba class last night it felt so good to be back there and I did take it easy and i didnt feel I over did it. But I feel sick today may have nothing to do with zumba. But I am very sick of being sick.

Anzac day tomorrow. This is a big thing to us Australians and new Zealanders. it is probably the most important day on our calender. its a public holiday, and most of us will attend the march. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. It was first to celebrate those who fought in the first world war but now we honour all who have fought for our country. My husband and daughter hope to go to the dawn service, 4.45am and then the Parade/march starts at 9am. I think this year I will meet them for the march. our daughters unit is only a block from one of the major spots for the dawn service, so tony can go in and stay with her tonight ready for it. I also haven't yet baked our Anzac Biscuits. its tradition to have them, you can buy them but we have always made our own. We also wear a sprig of rosemary as a symbol of remembrance of the soldiers.

So even though this thread has been quiet for a while. It lives on.

canzac-07.jpg
  • mem50
    Options
    Hey Jelly....Yes rain does affect mine. Any type of shift in the weather pattern and it's acting up. I know when a storm is coming before the weather guys on TV? Hmmmmmmaybe I should apply for a job there.....I mean, really, they get paid oodles of bucks for being wrong 90% of the time!

Geo calls me his little weather gauge.

I found the fleece to be a back saver. I bought a pair of fleece lined work pants and though they helped a great deal my waist was still exposed and that's when I made the fleece corset. This year am think of making some fleece tank tops, that way I don't have to worry about the darn thing slipping down and readjusting every half hour. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: ANZAC sounds like an Awesome Celebration, Jelly!!
    We are expecting temperatures in the 90's here today. I wish I could send some of the warmth to you girls.
  • mem50
    Options
    Right now....All I can say is Thank God for making little coffee beans and whoever it was that figured out how to use them!!!!

Been on OT all week and Hubby is up north with friend and I can't sleep without him here (hubby not friend) and next time I am having him make me a CD of his snoring and breathing and am going to put it on continuous run so I can sleep.

Most people say their partners keep them up with the noise, but me? Nah, I miss it. Am I weird or what?
  • mem50
    Options
    Are we dead yet? Sigh......well, if we are we did have a good run at it.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: Nope, Not Dead Yet!! Too much Fun to keep reviving the Thread!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Still has a breath left in it.
    Have been way off track lately. Trying to lose the gained kgs. How maddening. If I had stayed on track i could have been close to goal instead I still have 25kgs minimum to get rid of. Oh well all a learning process. gggrrrr sick of this lesson.
    life-lessons.jpg
  • mem50
    Options
    Not been able to be here much....

OT at work, yard is taking up way to much time, just been crazy busy. Happy Sunday and good week to anyone who shows up later! :smooched:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I'm here. breath in, breath out... yep its still alive
    1197090563765487398Gerald_G_Yoga_Poses_%2528stylized%2529_1.svg.hi.png
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The sun finally came out this week and I got the tallest weeds out of my garden before the children who moved in next door came over to "help" they are an adorable four year old and two year old. I finally had to come in because I didn't think my garden could stand any more "help" and my poor little dog was getting short tempered from all the "love". :smooched: :noway:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Such a beautiful way of looking at the 'helping hands' you had by you. :heart:
  • mem50
    Options
    I'mmmm back.....again. What a week. Nerves are shot, not sleeping well and too stressed to keep food down.

Feeling little better. Not the flu, just nerves. Suffer from anxiety attacks. Had a few major ones this week.

Been trying to get out to my poor garden the past couple weekends but every time I do.....here comes the rain. Did manage to get some weeds pulled and the maple whirly gigs out of the area. Still need to hand till in the new dirt. Am kinda bummed out about my pear tree. Had about 20 buds and was pleased as could be. First time it's bloomed. Then the frost came. I have 1 left. It seems like it wants to survive. Now hoping the squirrels and birds leave it alone....Yeah, Right!!:grumble:

Happy Mothers Day to all!!!!