Replies

• lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bumping...
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article!!! It was a good read!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the timely bump, niner!

I'm one of those people who weight myself daily. For the first time in two weeks of steady decrease in weight, I was heavier (ok not by much, just 0.8 lbs, but still an increase).

Reading the article was really helpful... I didn't freak out quite as much as I would have normally. :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I love Niners posts btw.
    Awesome stuff!
  • JulieSchreier
    Options
    Thank you for posting :)
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So logical, great article. What is really concerning is how many weight loss plans use the scale as a measure of success. Not sure if I can farewell my scales, but I sure do not use them as the the only measure of success.
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Everyone should read this AND it should be referenced in every thread that involves panic over a lb (or two or three) fluctuation, and every time someone posts "I ate _something unhealthy_! Will I derail EVERYTHING?!"

End mini rant.

Thanks for posting!! :)
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    That's why my last set got placed in the driveway and reversed over!

Exactly! and that's why I removed the weight loss ticker off of my signature :wink:
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    yea weighing in everyday can be very discouraging :(
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump. This was great to read!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Thank you for this article. Although I knew most of this intuitively, it's nice to see it in writing.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    That's why my last set got placed in the driveway and reversed over!

Exactly! and that's why I removed the weight loss ticker off of my signature :wink:

Ooo how did you remove yours? I can't seem to find anything that says remove
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So logical, great article. What is really concerning is how many weight loss plans use the scale as a measure of success. Not sure if I can farewell my scales, but I sure do not use them as the the only measure of success.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I consider it cruel to include mandatory public weigh-ins in ANY weight loss program. And why I always take the numbers I get on my doctor's scale with a grain of salt. It's not like I visit his office first thing in the morning, before I have a chance to shower or clothe myself....

If this article isn't included in the threads for the "MPF FAQ" group, it should be.

Edited to add: the way to remove your ticker is to click on the "Settings" link just below the "Message Boards>>Motivation and Support" heading for this forum. Uncheck the box, save changes, and you're done.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I see you posted this awhile ago, but first time I have seen it. I have linked it 3 times so far since. So relevent and saves me a ton of typing.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    also bumping for reference. this is a great writeup!
  • dreamzvt
    Options
    This was so helpful to me. Thank you so much for sharing. I needed to read it for so many reasons. Thanks again :)
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    This was a very informative read. Thank you! :-)