Body By Vi - Yes or No?

Options
I have a few friends who do the body by vi and love it... they have seen good results. I do just the EAS protein shakes but am wondering about any outcomes (good or bad) that any of you have had! ?

THANKS and much love!

Replies

• 1workoutman
    Options
    Yes, I love it! The Body By Vi has helped me and my family. We all have lost weight and some of us have done it for free through their free program.
  • 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have heard some good/some bad... i hear more about the money/prizes... feel like people are just trying to sell me something moreseo than it actually just being a great product. That is the only main reason why I'm hesitant to try it... That and the sugar alternatives... I am sure i'll order it once because that's just what I do - i try everything at least once - but I definitely wanted some pros/cons first!

Thanks!
    Yes, I love it! The Body By Vi has helped me and my family. We all have lost weight and some of us have done it for free through their free program.
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I tryed it for 2 months and didnt lose anything. I love the taste of the shakes, but no weight lose.. i've heard alot of people have lost weight.
    They are very healthy for you.... try it you could send it back if you dont like it..
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    Alot of my family is drinking Body By Vi and none of them have lost any weight. Two of them were ordered off of Body By Vi because they were having some health issues. I have read that when you consume 2 shakes a day as recommended and eat your third meal you typically are finishing the day on very low calories. Also Body By Vi has 100% of your daily needs of fiber which means if you eat any additional fiber you could suffer from "personal" discomforts. I looked into it since everybody around me was drinking it but after watching them for 2 months and realizing they were losing no weight I switched my gears. I chose to go with another company's shake and I have lost 26lbs in just under 10 weeks !! I love it and my MIL is now switching.

I honestly dont mean for my post to sound so negative I was just sharing the experiences I have seen. I have not tasted or tried Body By Vi so I can't say it wouldn't work for me.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Have you considered clean eating and calorie counting? It's way cheaper, and has a rather good track record.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i'm more of an emacs guy.
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    No! Not negative at all - these are the things I wanted to know - peoples experiences with it! I'm glad you found something that worked for you! I am not wanting to use it as a "cure all" just a great suppliment. Im still going to track my calories and make sure I meet my goals - even it it means I tone down the shakes or find a way to fit whatever it is in, but thank you for sharing!!!!

Alot of my family is drinking Body By Vi and none of them have lost any weight. Two of them were ordered off of Body By Vi because they were having some health issues. I have read that when you consume 2 shakes a day as recommended and eat your third meal you typically are finishing the day on very low calories. Also Body By Vi has 100% of your daily needs of fiber which means if you eat any additional fiber you could suffer from "personal" discomforts. I looked into it since everybody around me was drinking it but after watching them for 2 months and realizing they were losing no weight I switched my gears. I chose to go with another company's shake and I have lost 26lbs in just under 10 weeks !! I love it and my MIL is now switching.

I honestly dont mean for my post to sound so negative I was just sharing the experiences I have seen. I have not tasted or tried Body By Vi so I can't say it wouldn't work for me.
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    I have. I started the vegan lifestyle at the beginning of the year and make my own juices, etc. but I like protein shakes and i'm currently doing the eas carb control but it would be the same cost/maybe a little less if I go this route is the only reason i'm asking!
    Have you considered clean eating and calorie counting? It's way cheaper, and has a rather good track record.
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    not familiar with "emacs"
    i'm more of an emacs guy.
  • nebgurl
    nebgurl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Era! I personally haven't had good results with Vi. I was tired and irritable the whole month I was on it. I do clean eating and have better results for my body. I know a few people that have done Vi and have had results and they are very happy but they mention that they miss "chewing" and tasting food more often than not. Just passing what I've seen and heard. Good luck!:smile:
  • campsallmel
    Options
    I've had great results on the Body By Vi. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and it was very difficult for me to lose weight.. This is the only method that has worked for me, plus it has allowed me to completely get off of Metformin and taken away some of the symptoms of PCOS. During my first 90 days, I lost 26 lbs and 27 inches off my waist and stomach. I started my 2nd challenge about 3 weeks ago. I have lost another 6 lbs and 6 inches. I love the program .. I have energy from it.. I feel fantastic.. I couldn't say enough good things. If its something you are contemplating, I would say you have nothing to lose by trying it. They have a 30 day money back guarantee on the product. I do the Body by Vi coupled with MyFitnessPal, and it works! I never feel hungry and the shakes taste fabulous!

10925835.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • maryloomis
    Options
    I am doing the Body by Vi 90 day challenge, love the shakes and am losing weight. I track everything, including my shakes, in my food log here to make sure I am not getting too many or too few calories. If I have too few calories my body will hold onto everything, and if I think I can just replace two meals with these shakes and then still eat anything I want for dinner and snacks without paying attention to calories, portion, and food content then I will likely end up gaining rather than losing. I have a shake for breakfast and one for lunch, a healthy snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon and a healthy dinner. I think different things work for different people because all of our bodies react differently. I have tried several other things and this is the one thing that is finally working for me.
  • maryloomis
    Options
    @Erauman, I just noticed one of your comments about the sugar alternatives in Body by Vi shakes and just wanted to share what I have learned. There is sucralose in the shakes but it is only .003 mg of sucralose per 2 scoop serving. If a person uses 2 shakes a day for 5 years, that would equal 1 packet of Splenda which containg 11mg per packet. I know for me, I was putting way worse things in my body in much larger quantities for years!
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Amazing! I too have PCOS and am on Metformin. We are trying to conceive and losing weight is a must for me. I went completely vegan, but then had to switch to add some fish in because of my bones but I try to eat healthy but I am going to give this a shot and hope for everything in the best! Thank you for the comment!! And please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
    I've had great results on the Body By Vi. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and it was very difficult for me to lose weight.. This is the only method that has worked for me, plus it has allowed me to completely get off of Metformin and taken away some of the symptoms of PCOS. During my first 90 days, I lost 26 lbs and 27 inches off my waist and stomach. I started my 2nd challenge about 3 weeks ago. I have lost another 6 lbs and 6 inches. I love the program .. I have energy from it.. I feel fantastic.. I couldn't say enough good things. If its something you are contemplating, I would say you have nothing to lose by trying it. They have a 30 day money back guarantee on the product. I do the Body by Vi coupled with MyFitnessPal, and it works! I never feel hungry and the shakes taste fabulous!

10925835.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post! That sounds like what I am going to do. I don't want to drop mega fast weight right away but want it to be a healthy loss. I plan on doing the same thing you're doing with tracking calories still and just adding in the shakes. I'm bad about not eating breakfast at all or just snacking on bad things - but Im so ready for this!!! :) And thank you SO much for sharing the info on the substitute sugar and I completely agree about the little harm that small amount would have in comparison to what's in other foods! Thanks again and feel more than free to add me! :)
    I am doing the Body by Vi 90 day challenge, love the shakes and am losing weight. I track everything, including my shakes, in my food log here to make sure I am not getting too many or too few calories. If I have too few calories my body will hold onto everything, and if I think I can just replace two meals with these shakes and then still eat anything I want for dinner and snacks without paying attention to calories, portion, and food content then I will likely end up gaining rather than losing. I have a shake for breakfast and one for lunch, a healthy snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon and a healthy dinner. I think different things work for different people because all of our bodies react differently. I have tried several other things and this is the one thing that is finally working for me.
  • EvanR
    EvanR Posts: 17
    Options
    It didn't work for me, but I just couldn't get myself to feel like the shakes were a meal (with the exception of breakfast), so I just ended up feeling hungry all the time.
  • bigjeff77
    Options
    Hey! I am also considering the 90 day challenge, i've been successful with only the calory counting/exerices in the past, but got sick, gained all my weight back and more and now need a quick solution to loose 40lbs fast before going back on the calorie counting...

Question to those who have tried it, successful or not, what kit did you get?

I dont beleive that the shakes alone are good for ya, so i'm kinda leaning towards the more complete set....(transformation kit)

P.S.: I've known the guy whose selling it to me, he lost 42 lbs on his 1st 90 day challenge, with exercises and a good supper, he sais he even cheated on supper every once in a while......
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Hey! Well I bought it and started the challenge and so far its been great! I have been seeing success with it so far. I have not weighed myself yet because I try to only do it once a week and its only been three or four days. But I am already seeing small changes. I refuse to "starve" myself and lose weight that way - so I am keeping up with my recommended calories and its super easy if i'm making "creative" shakes and eating healthy snacks and good fats for dinner. :) So I think i've combined the best of both worlds and it definitely seems to be working. I know several people on the program and they are doing great so far! Some people work out with it, some don't. I will be. I don't think diet alone is enough, plus I don't just want to lose... I don't really care about numbers. I want to tone and shape up!

As far as the complete transformation kit... I didn't go with that one based on what my doctor recommended. I am on some other medicines and checked with my doctor before I started and he said that they were ok, but nothing more than what I am already taking for my vitamins and it wasn't necessary to spend that on the whole thing - but again - that's totally personal preference. I have two friends that are on it and they are the ones that don't work out and it works for them... so... if you do,.. or even don't decide to try it let me know! And you can def add me on here if you'd like! :)
    Hey! I am also considering the 90 day challenge, i've been successful with only the calory counting/exerices in the past, but got sick, gained all my weight back and more and now need a quick solution to loose 40lbs fast before going back on the calorie counting...

Question to those who have tried it, successful or not, what kit did you get?

I dont beleive that the shakes alone are good for ya, so i'm kinda leaning towards the more complete set....(transformation kit)

P.S.: I've known the guy whose selling it to me, he lost 42 lbs on his 1st 90 day challenge, with exercises and a good supper, he sais he even cheated on supper every once in a while......
  • 1luckygal
    Options
    Well, whatever you have done has definitely worked for you!! I HATE eating breakfast and usually never made time for it - so these shakes have been amazing for me so far and keep me full till lunch. I find myself making myself eat because I need the calories not because I'm actually hungry. I am not necessarily sticking with their strict program because I want to make sure i dont "starve" my body and that i'm taking in my needed calories.

But again - you seem like you've gone FAR and congrats on that!!!!! You look great! Thanks for posting!! :)
    It didn't work for me, but I just couldn't get myself to feel like the shakes were a meal (with the exception of breakfast), so I just ended up feeling hungry all the time.
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but know of a couple doing it!

How expensive is it?